Is This Rumor Credible (This Time)?

trentino

Is it possible that the parking lot shown in front of the beach and boat dock is meant to be a golf cart parking lot? That would be better than an auto parking lot at least.

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
Oh, ask yourself what solid (or even liquid) plans they have for any parks at WDW when you remove Fantasyland and the very tenuous Avatarland project from the list ... the answer would be none beyond NEXT GEN 'enhancements'.

C'mon now '74. C'mon man!

Underneath that 'I loved WDW in the old days when it was perfect-really it was, really-but now I hate every, single friggin' thing about it-I mean absolutely everything-as evidenced by all my posts' Eeyore like exterior of yours, you know that in the 2-4 years leading up to the 50th, we'll get lots of love like DL did from 2003-2005.

You do believe that at least don't you? Don't you? :wave:

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
Parking for the new DVC should be located on the opposite side of the structure away from the Settlement and only be connected by the road that leads to Wilderness Lodge.

On a side note, and fun one, the layout of the new DVC very much like a man riding a horse. :)

I like horses...cool.

Can't wait to stay there. I'll be looking for some of the posters on here from my 37th floor DVC FW balcony. I'll wave when I see you at FW.

spaceghost

Yes, the DVCs are quite profitable.
And they do care about the parks, in so much as they see the parks as a means to sell DVC units. It's like TV. Shows are only there to sell commercial time.

Someone should remind them that if the shows are better/more popular (not always the same thing, admittedly), you can sell more commericals.

Lee

Adventurer
...you know that in the 2-4 years leading up to the 50th, we'll get lots of love like DL did from 2003-2005.

If I may answer for my spirited friend....:wave:

No. No he doesn't.
Unless there is someone new sitting behind the big desks by that time, none of us have any reason to believe that...other than just blindly hoping that it will be the case.

TP2000

... you know that in the 2-4 years leading up to the 50th, we'll get lots of love like DL did from 2003-2005.

Using Disneyland as an analogy like you did, what would need to happen is for WDW to go into five years of serious decline in maintenance and upkeep from 2014 to 2019, then in 2020 they would undergo a crash program to paint and rehab most of the older facilities across all four parks so that by late 2021 they would look reasonably fresh and new again. To kickstart this process, at least two tourists will need to be killed in the parks in accidents that are directly attributable to the previous decline in ride maintenance. It would also help if there were two photogenic blow-dried execs at the helm during the decline who have never worked in a theme park before but can use the term "Fabulous!" with a straight face to describe something mediocre.

But with the WDW parks looking good again in 2021, after a disastrous half-decade from 2014 to 2020 or so, the Magic Kingdom would get a new parade and a new fireworks show to celebrate, and then Burbank would clone Expedition Everest, the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, and Rock N' Roller Coaster in Anaheim and Paris and Hong Kong to "celebrate" WDW's anniversary.

So, now all there is to do is wait until late 2019 for the rehab work to show up on the planning calendars! Tick, tick, tick, tick...

Lee

Adventurer
Someone should remind them that if the shows are better/more popular (not always the same thing, admittedly), you can sell more commericals.
In the case of TV, they have totally figured the whole thing out.
Make cheap and easy shows (like Dancing with the Stars) that appeal to a fairly broad demographic and advertisers will beat the door down. Then sit back and cash the checks.

I'm dreading the day when network execs figure out (some already have) that they can spend relatively little, like on some wretched "reality" show and reap huge profits from the ads. At that point, why would they bother making quality,expensive, long-form scripted shows anymore. Just let some nobodies compete for something and televise it with thirty minutes per hour of ads. Genius.:rolleyes:

Hmmm...sounds familiar. Use a form of entertainment (theme park) to sell a revenue producing product (timeshares). Once the entertainment gets a solid long-term foothold, cut back on investment and continue to sell the revenue product until you run out. Then just build more.

Let's build more and more hotels to justify the $1 billion in complicated "plan every second of your vacation so you don't have to spend 2 minutes in line" reservation system. Next thing you know, vacationing at Disney will be by "appointment only" because otherwise, the overloaded parks will make it impossible to enjoy anything at any time of year.

Next thing you know, Mickey is laid off and Scrooge McDuck takes over! :ROFLOL:

NoChesterHester

Hotel rooms in World Showcase doesn't bother me in the least if designed correctly. -- The extreme acceleration of the DVC construction, possibly at the expense of park attractions, is highly disappointing, but par for the course.

dreamscometrue

Original Poster

No. No he doesn't.
Unless there is someone new sitting behind the big desks by that time, none of us have any reason to believe that...other than just blindly hoping that it will be the case.

I thought you might answer before he did. :wave:

First of all, blind hope is sometimes enough hope for people and secondly, in any corporation of Disney's size, it is not unusual for lots of faces sitting behind the desks to change in a period of 7-9 years.

I assume that you, '74, Martin, and others who are apparently unhappy with the current state of things, probably believe that there will be significant changes at TDO, Burbank, etc. in the next 10 years. I also assume that gives you hope...but one should not assume. :)

Lee

Adventurer
I thought you might answer before he did. :wave:

First of all, blind hope is sometimes enough hope for people and secondly, in any corporation of Disney's size, it is not unusual for lots of faces sitting behind the desks to change in a period of 7-9 years.

I assume that you, '74, Martin, and others who are apparently unhappy with the current state of things, probably believe that there will be significant changes at TDO, Burbank, etc. in the next 10 years. I also assume that gives you hope...but one should not assume. :)

Oh, believe me...I fully expect there to be a whole mess of new faces running the show in less than 7-9 years.
But until it actually happens, I'm going to continue to operate under the assumption that the status quo will be in effect indefinitely.

Blind hope gets me nowhere.
To quote the wise Captain Reynolds, "It's a long wait for a train don't come."

WDW1974

Yes, the DVCs are quite profitable.
And they do care about the parks, in so much as they see the parks as a means to sell DVC units. It's like TV. Shows are only there to sell commercial time.

Good analogy. Almost like you understand media beyond theme parks.:ROFLOL::drevil::king:

Also, I'd be remiss (and I'm never a Miss) to not YET AGAIN credit good, old Merfie for blogging the new/definitive plans before anyone else.

BUT ... since he's right, I can't give praise without sticking a knife in at the same time ... I'll point out (since he can't post here) that Disney owes him no credential to 'do his job' ... because being a Disney O-Town Lifestyle dude isn't a job, but a choice to avoid getting one (in, to be fair, the worst job market this nation has ever seen). If you want to guarantee a credential, then work in real media, not the made up kind in vogue today.

Was that too harsh?:cool::drevil::king:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know we read and discussed this a year or more ago, but at least 2 sites have reported permits being filed and work being done that might suggest a 'Fort Wilderness Area D.V.C.' is indeed in the works.

Not sure how credible this site/source is, but I'm sure some of you will let me know. :)

http://www..com/2012/04/02/walt-disney-world-fort-wilderness-dvc-files-to-start-construction-soon/

Also, any knowledge of permits 'danld 2000' or 'edwardtc'?

Merf's website....he still manages to get things posted here! :lol:

WDW1974

C'mon now '74. C'mon man!

Underneath that 'I loved WDW in the old days when it was perfect-really it was, really-but now I hate every, single friggin' thing about it-I mean absolutely everything-as evidenced by all my posts' Eeyore like exterior of yours, you know that in the 2-4 years leading up to the 50th, we'll get lots of love like DL did from 2003-2005.

I believe that saying 'Everything may suck now, but you just wait ... you wait ANOTHER FRIGGIN DECADE and Disney will bring the MAGIC back' ... is an absurd way to view Disney and life.

Who knows if there'll be life on the planet in a decade or whether we'll be alive or Disney will exist in its present form :animwink: ... why would anyone choose to just give up a decade of life (even in the form of Disney parks)?

I feel like Disney has done nothing but Walmart its FLA resort since Y2K (a dozen plus years) and I should give them another decade to get things right?!??!

C'mon, you don't want the Evil Spirit to come out like the Disney-owned (hey, he's on a monorail) Hulk do you?

WDW1974

No. No he doesn't.

Trying to steal my thunder can be dangerous ... GG could show up with a baseball bat!:eek:

But you can answer for me (you'll have to soon with me off on my top one percent vacation!:king:) ... and you did answer in a way befitting a true No.2.

WDW1974

In the case of TV, they have totally figured the whole thing out.
Make cheap and easy shows (like Dancing with the Stars) that appeal to a fairly broad demographic and advertisers will beat the door down. Then sit back and cash the checks.

I'm dreading the day when network execs figure out (some already have) that they can spend relatively little, like on some wretched "reality" show and reap huge profits from the ads. At that point, why would they bother making quality,expensive, long-form scripted shows anymore. Just let some nobodies compete for something and televise it with thirty minutes per hour of ads. Genius.:rolleyes:

Hmmm...sounds familiar. Use a form of entertainment (theme park) to sell a revenue producing product (timeshares). Once the entertainment gets a solid long-term foothold, cut back on investment and continue to sell the revenue product until you run out. Then just build more.

I'd really like to discuss this ... REALLY (the TV exec part 'cause I kinda know a wee bit 'bout how those folks think!) ... but if I do, then I won't have time to head back to that great academic thread on the import of the citrus swirl and the Orange Bird.

raven

I like horses...cool.

Can't wait to stay there. I'll be looking for some of the posters on here from my 37th floor DVC FW balcony. I'll wave when I see you at FW.

Plans only show it to be about 5 stories high. That's about the same hight as Pop or the All Stars.

emcclay

Hoping for DVC on the previous Discovery Island! Who wouldn't want a vulture family taking up residence on their balcony? Also, maybe they can fill the lake in at CSR and build one there to make the first "moderate DVC"? I'm sure they will eventually get rid of the savannah at AKL and put a new tower there. Maybe they can build a towers at SSR and OKW to make the ultimate DVC inside a DVC?

Why don't they just build the Persian resort? They don't have a problem fixing the land for the GF DVC..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hoping for DVC on the previous Discovery Island! Who wouldn't want a vulture family taking up residence on their balcony? Also, maybe they can fill the lake in at CSR and build one there to make the first "moderate DVC"? I'm sure they will eventually get rid of the savannah at AKL and put a new tower there. Maybe they can build a towers at SSR and OKW to make the ultimate DVC inside a DVC?

Why don't they just build the Persian resort? They don't have a problem fixing the land for the GF DVC..

The Persian or Venitian/Med? Persian was on Bay Lake by the dry dock.

The particular bit of land for the Med is unsuitable For building. The area by the GF must be okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom