Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

21stamps

Different setting.. but had to post these. Watching The Game at a cabana at GF.
Well worth the money! O-H!!!
IMG_5007.JPG

brb1006

I wish TWDC would sell the parks to someone who really cared about the parks and the guest experience. I just hope this works as well as the night time upsell.
Is there any company that comes close to the level of care that OLC does with Tokyo Disney Resort? Because if OLC gotten there hands on Rivers Of Light then the show would had been ready by now.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

21stamps

I have seen at least 15 other guests in OSU shirts today. Lovin' it!!!
I thought you didn't have any disposable income?
I don't. Disposable income, to me, means buying the shoes and handbags that I want..but no longer can justify, and not waiting to shop until a store has a sale, which is pretty much the only time I shop now lol. Vacation budgets are different, that budget is for the family's enjoyment, not just myself.

DABIGCHEEZ

Finally...can't wait to get 2 of these for our next vacation. Hope the Animal Kingdom ones are ready to go by then as well. It is a perfect way for us Disney fanatics to experience the WDW Theme Parks like never before. Don't tell me how to spend my money, if you don't like them you don't have to rent them.:D

squidward

I'm sorry - Those tents are HIDEOUSLY out of place. Absolute eye sore. Doesn't even remotely come close to blending in with Tomorrowland. This has to be the worst idea Disney has ever come up with. I don't care if they get rented out or not. I hate the expression "Walt must be rolling in his grave", but seriously - The ground must be shaking.

squidward

Finally...can't wait to get 2 of these for our next vacation. Hope the Animal Kingdom ones are ready to go by then as well. It is a perfect way for us Disney fanatics to experience the WDW Theme Parks like never before. Don't tell me how to spend my money, if you don't like them you don't have to rent them.:D

By sitting in a tent not experiencing the park? Yeah - Totally awesome!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well seeing them in person yesterday , they were very unimpressive . 70's lounge furniture and squished into a corner.

Goofyernmost

I don't. Disposable income, to me, means buying the shoes and handbags that I want..but no longer can justify, and not waiting to shop until a store has a sale, which is pretty much the only time I shop now lol. Vacation budgets are different, that budget is for the family's enjoyment, not just myself.
Not that I care at all, but, disposable income is something you have that, if spent, will not make anyone go without food or water or be left to die on the street because you don't have bus fare home to that cardboard refrigerator box. However, any amount of money that one has that can be spent over and above the need to survive is disposable income. Even shoes and purses might be considered clothing and accessories necessary to everyday life. So that wouldn't come under disposable anyway. Spending a single nickel in a theme park constitutes the use of either disposable income or what we individually define as disposable. If when you leave you are not in danger of not having anything to eat or a place to live meant that you spent disposable income. Then it just breaks down to how much disposable income you have. If you can throw out $650.00 for a tent, with no AC or fans in Florida, when you are in a park with air conditioned buildings, shows, rides and food right there, then my friend you are using your own money which might have been better spent on some psychological help. It just doesn't strike me as a place to spend money. But, what do I know. Enjoy. ;):)

Last edited:

DABIGCHEEZ

By sitting in a tent not experiencing the park? Yeah - Totally awesome!
Yes... that is something we have never done before. Keeps the experience fresh... always something new to try. I mean how many can say they watched Tomorrowland (the movie) in the actual Tomorrowland? Great experience... the kids will love it! :D

squidward

Yes... that is something we have never done before. Keeps the experience fresh... always something new to try. I mean how many can say they watched Tomorrowland (the movie) in the actual Tomorrowland? Great experience... the kids will love it! :D

That's your reason for doing it? Because you've never done it before? I've never set myself on fire, but am in no rush to do so.

To each his own. Personally, I can't think of a more incredible waste of time than watching any movie at any theme park, let alone one as amazing as Magic Kingdom. I mean seriously - If you want to watch a movie, why not do it at home? You'd rather spend $650 to do that when you could experience the real thing for no additional cost?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Outstanding.

squidward

If you can throw out $650.00 for a tent, with no AC or fans in Florida, when you are in a park with air conditioned buildings, shows, rides and food right there, then my friend you are using your own money which might have been better spent on some psychological help. It just doesn't strike me as a place to spend money. But, what do I know. Enjoy. ;):)

This.

Sorry to insult those who plan on doing this, but the only reasons I see for doing this are:

1.You like to show off how much money you have.
2.You are incredibly lazy.
3.You have so much money to spend, you insist on spending it in the most ridiculous ways possible.

You are in, what many of us consider, the most fun, beautiful, magical, happiest theme park in the world and you choose to spend that time sitting inside a tent. Hell, forget paying $650 for this "add-on." You couldn't pay me $650 to do that. This is like paying for tickets to the Super Bowl, having seats on the 50 yard line, but deciding to spend even more money to sit a room upstairs so you can watch the game on TV.

Disneyhead'71

I have no problem with up charge cabanas being available to anyone that wants them. I personally think the price they are asking is insane. But a lot of folks have A LOT mo monies than me, so it's really none of my business if this is how they choose to spend it.

The Tent City is inexcusable.

But isn't this just a test that is only to last through The Holidays, and if it is successful, they will build themed nicer units (AC and TVs) in a more secluded locale? And the DHS ones will probably have beer and wine, just sayin'.

DABIGCHEEZ

That's your reason for doing it? Because you've never done it before? I've never set myself on fire, but am in no rush to do so.

To each his own. Personally, I can't think of a more incredible waste of time than watching any movie at any theme park, let alone one as amazing as Magic Kingdom. I mean seriously - If you want to watch a movie, why not do it at home? You'd rather spend $650 to do that when you could experience the real thing for no additional cost?

I cant wait... gonna be fun. Perhaps we can even order in caviar and some Dom Perignon to enjoy during the movie as well and they will fan us too if it gets too hot. Disney is great to be providing things for all to enjoy. :D

squidward

I have no problem with up charge cabanas being available to anyone that wants them. I personally think the price they are asking is insane. But a lot of folks have A LOT mo monies than me, so it's really none of my business if this is how they choose to spend it.

The Tent City is inexcusable.

But isn't this just a test that is only to last through The Holidays, and if it is successful, they will build themed nicer units (AC and TVs) in a more secluded locale? And the DHS ones will probably have beer and wine, just sayin'.

Even those, I can't fathom spending time (never mind, $650) in. However, if they're out of sight and not such complete eye sores, whatever. Those things in Tomorrowland are inexcusable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom