Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

squidward

I definitely get the idea. When we stayed at Mira Acosta in May it was nice to be able to relax in the room for an hour plus mid day. That's the reason for these. Having said that, the execution and the price point are ridiculous.

The execution is pathetic.

The price point, as you said, is ridiculous. As most others have said, just get a room at the Contemporary. At least it will have A/C and a bathroom.

Brad Bishop

Something I wish each of the parks had, which this, sort-of, addresses: Centrally located lockers.

I hate the lockers at the front of the parks. Six Flags, IMO, gets this right. They have lockers all over. If you want a locker at the entrance then there you go. If you want one at the center or even towards the back of the park, you have that option, too (at something like $12/day - not $650). The point being: Lockers at the Disney parks are really inconvenient.

21stamps

That's a lot of money to spend for a designated meeting spot.

Why not just save a couple hundred bucks, stay at the Contemporary for the night and walk back to your room if leaving the park is that big of a hassle?
I don't think leaving to go to the Contemporary is very convenient on a 1 day visit, or with certain groups. Where it makes sense to me as to how someone would view that as "convenient" is when you have multiple ages in a party. Or maybe someone older, or maybe someone who doesn't enjoy a ton of rides. It gives them an opportunity to rest for a bit. It also gives you all the opportunity to sit, rest, and eat together, away from the crowds for a nice family break, without having to reenter security. The tents on their own would be ridiculous, but with the added "extras" that a group receives I can see how it would be attractive. Again, these aren't my cup of tea, but I understand the reasoning and that there probably is a market for it.

BrerJon

If only...

teddy-roosevelt-lounge-640x438.jpg

Except unlike the Cabanas, the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge at DisneySea is free to all guests with park admission.

The Japanese understand that guests don't want to just go from ride to shop to quick service all day, and sitting down for a quality show or relaxing in a themed lounge is all part of the the experience, something that only corporate sponsors or DVC ever get to do much of in WDW.

Last edited:

squidward

I don't think leaving to go to the Contemporary is very convenient on a 1 day visit, or with certain groups. Where it makes sense to me as to how someone would view that as "convenient" is when you have multiple ages in a party. Or maybe someone older, or maybe someone who doesn't enjoy a ton of rides. It gives them an opportunity to rest for a bit. It also gives you all the opportunity to sit, rest, and eat together, away from the crowds for a nice family break, without having to reenter security. The tents on their own would be ridiculous, but with the added "extras" that a group receives I can see how it would be attractive. Again, these aren't my cup of tea, but I understand the reasoning and that there probably is a market for it.

For a group of 8, with everyone splitting the cost, OK - Maybe. I'd never do it as I like to spend my time in the park, in the park. And I don't see hanging out in a tent located between Space Mountain and bathrooms, in the dead of summer, with no A/C or bathroom, very relaxing. But to each his/her own. I have no doubt people will rent them out. Some people have so much money to spend, they don't care what they're spending it on, as long as they're spending it.

BernardandBianca

Walked over to this tent farm this afternoon, just to see what they look like. WDW has brought in the greenery big time; you can barely see the tents themselves behind all of the hedge walls. In fact, we couldn't figure out where you go in to get into the tents themselves, there were blocking hedges everywhere. The only way we could see into the tents was from the Peoplemover. Of course this is only for four tents; what it would look like with a hundred I cannot imagine.

Animaniac93-98

Something I wish each of the parks had, which this, sort-of, addresses: Centrally located lockers.

I hate the lockers at the front of the parks. Six Flags, IMO, gets this right. They have lockers all over. If you want a locker at the entrance then there you go. If you want one at the center or even towards the back of the park, you have that option, too (at something like $12/day - not $650). The point being: Lockers at the Disney parks are really inconvenient.

At least with MK there's an internal transportation system to get you to where the lockers are underneath Main Street station. I can't imagine though, being in World Showcase and then realizing you left something at the front of the park.

Luxe

It's funny to think about the empty suits that have been paying for these :hilarious:

Just think, someone had tosay to themselves "damn this is a great deal, I'll take it!" hahah

disney4life2008

I don't think they're meant to be hung out in all day.. more like a designated rest/meeting/storage spot with parade and wishes advantages. Especially if there are young children in the party.

I don't understand this priority viewing garbage. I have arrived to every parade and fireworks show at mk 5 minutes before it starts and manage to get a great view.

disney4life2008

I'm told that the cabanas sold out this past Wednesday, Thanksgiving Thursday, and today (Friday). So we should get used to seeing them.

Of course they did. Regardless, people will buy this crap. As others have said this is not for us, this is for families that come to disney to actually vacation. I assume many are staying at the expensive resorts and Waldorf. My supervisor at ucf makes $259,000 a year and goes to magic kingdom every other weekend. This is right up her alley and pennies on her salary.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I have no desire to ever rent one of these but I do look forward to the magical experience of visiting Disney's Cabanaland © section of the Magic Kingdom. Maybe they will sell Frozen Chocolate Cabanaland™ © Bananas on a stick?
Im waiting for the special edition Cabana Cupcake. It will probly be red velvet with a Darth Vader chocolate piece on top.

Nubs70

Based on the crowds and long lines everywhere, I can see the wife of a family of means demanding one of these cabanas.

True justification will come during slower times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom