Is There ANYTHING you Just Don't Like About Disney?

EaglesfanNJ

I hate the nitpicking that goes on CONSTANTLY. Whether it be a broken bulb or something as big as the Yeti. I hate that Disney's every single move has to be critiqued until it can't be critiqued anymore, instead of enjoying the place for what it is and saying a few positive things for a change. That's what i hate.

SulleyanBoo

I know that kids should have fun while visiting. However..............
Some parents just let their kids do whatever they want.
So... my response is
Parents who do not mind their kids. Swinging on ropes and chains in queues is one that bothers me.

Agreed 100% this is the MOST annoying part of going to the parks for me.

Spikerdink

I despise the motorized wheelchairs. I once had my foot run over by one of these darned things and ended up getting into a near fist fight with a family member of the offending scootee.

MissMorrow

People who think WDW is "practically perfect in every way"!

People who text while on rides or at shows! I don't get it. Can't they wait until they get off or out?

And other things already mentioned.

CP_alum08

Absolutely hate flash photography on rides.

(usually foreign) people's personal space issues...especially on HOT days

Soarin'. One of these most boring and overrated attractions in my opinion.

I hate the fact that I can stand in line for 20 minutes waiting for a bus, then someone in a wheelchair rolls up as the bus does and are automatically put on the bus. Along with their family that just arrived. Disney should have a seperate bus line for people in wheelchairs. I'm not down on people in wheelchairs, my mother is one, I just think Disney could handle this situation better.

I agree

HM Spectre

TDO

Meet and Greets

People who film/photograph night shows. Seriously... I can see the pictures/video they're taking and the quality is abysmal... just watch the show and enjoy!

Annielkd

Lack of information on closed rides! (Not the actual information... just that human resources doesn't actually have the information eveyone else does!)

rct247

Disney Vacation Club bringing guests backstage to get into a van to be driven from the theme parks to a resort location. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE show all for guests to buy into DVC. I absolutely hate it.

Guest Assistance Card abuse. Everyone should have to wait in some kind of line whether they are shaded, standing, sitting, being entertained by something, etc. We need a GAC system reform.

ECVs (Electric Scooters). Electric wheelchairs are fine, but scooters should be banned unless you physically can't be pushed on a standard wheelchair. After all, with an ECV you can't go very fast through crowds, you end up not knowing how to operate it, and you have to usually transfer to a regular chair anyways.

Guests with jogging strollers. You can't jog through the parks. Don't bring them. They are massive, hard to fold up, hard to maneuver, and ridiculous.

Not taking care of the resort beaches/no swimming in the lakes. In 1999, the Poly beach was nice and I could swim in the lake. I turned out fine. Fast forward a decade, and the beach has lots of grass growing along the shoreline and I can't swim in the lake. Post warning signs, but don't ban it.

Disney transportation. Monorails aren't as reliable, buses are overcrowded, and boats take a while.

Otherwise, I have other nit picky things, but some are expected and some I am just super critical of.

Annielkd

Disney Vacation Club bringing guests backstage to get into a van to be driven from the theme parks to a resort location. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE show all for guests to buy into DVC. I absolutely hate it.

Guest Assistance Card abuse. Everyone should have to wait in some kind of line whether they are shaded, standing, sitting, being entertained by something, etc. We need a GAC system reform.

ECVs (Electric Scooters). Electric wheelchairs are fine, but scooters should be banned unless you physically can't be pushed on a standard wheelchair. After all, with an ECV you can't go very fast through crowds, you end up not knowing how to operate it, and you have to usually transfer to a regular chair anyways.

Guests with jogging strollers. You can't jog through the parks. Don't bring them. They are massive, hard to fold up, hard to maneuver, and ridiculous.

Not taking care of the resort beaches/no swimming in the lakes. In 1999, the Poly beach was nice and I could swim in the lake. I turned out fine. Fast forward a decade, and the beach has lots of grass growing along the shoreline and I can't swim in the lake. Post warning signs, but don't ban it.

Disney transportation. Monorails aren't as reliable, buses are overcrowded, and boats take a while.

Otherwise, I have other nit picky things, but some are expected and some I am just super critical of.

You know... you have a point (or two) I've just found out about the GAC, and I need it because I can't stand long periods or be in large crowds... but, I don't see why I shouldn't wait in a seated area. I don't believe I deserve to get to go on the ride quicker. I'm THRILLED that they have accomidations. I've heard that someplaces you have to wait longer, but they do allow you to sit. So, when I've used it... I'll tell you what happened. But, no... I don't need to get on faster... but, I LOVE the possibility of siting so I can sustain the day in the park for as long as possible. (Last year, I only lasted 2 hours per day... didn't really work that way)

Annielkd

When one person is holding a place in line for a group of other people that are too lazy to wait in line.

Do people actually do that? I've never seen that. Would you be upset if a family was doing that for ONE person who had physical issues and couldn't stand in line... I'm just curious.

BrittanyRose428

I had to think really hard about this...

-Children who are too old/large for strollers, but are in strollers. I know this does not affect my day in any way, its just a pet peeve of mine. A family friend once mentioned how they always brought strollers, even when they knew their kids had outgrown them just so they would have somewhere to put all their stuff. Its just rubbed me the wrong way since that conversation.

-Flash photography on rides, especially the Haunted Mansion. Its just not okay. On a similar note-- people who open the door to leave during the Carousel of Progress, thats also not okay.

-The huge mosh pit of people rushing out of the parks after the fireworks.

-The fact that Shades of Green does not feel overly Disney-ish. I understand why, I just usually stay there and wish there was more than the Mickey in the lobby, though it is a beautiful hotel.

-Lack of clothing in my size. I don't know if I'm missing it or what, but every now and then I see a shirt I like at WDW and it does not come in my size. I'm a bigger girl, but its mainly my chest that causes a problem, so sometimes squeezing into a L or XL doesn't cut it. (But you could make that argument for many other stores as well, not just WDW)

DisneyDebNJ

There isn't one thing I don't like about Disney, I look forward to every trip, WHY spend money to go somewhere and complain?? I expect crowds, small, tired children, tired Moms and Dads, and don't mind at all. (I was once that tired child, and then, that tired Mom, so I completely understand) For the most part, I find people at Disney, both the Cast Members and other guests, the nicest people in one setting. In Disney, my glass is always half full, I go and expect to fall in love with it even more every trip, and ......... I do!!!!!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom