Is There ANYTHING you Just Don't Like About Disney?

Cmdr_Crimson

Mickey Stickers given by the CM's slapped everywhere

Nightmare, Pirates, Tink, Stitch Merchandise in place of Resort or Attraction based merchandise that's rarely found anymore.

The creativity of attractions as it just goes to the Video Screen alternative and no animatrionics.

People who recite EVERY Friggin line in the attraction. Yes it's great you know it and your trying to impress people around you with there discussed expressions having to hear it. But GM Chrylser keep it to your friggin self!

Anything Spectromagic or Lights of Winter...IT'S DEAD GET OVER IT!

Loud and Annoying Brazillian Tour Orcs I mean Groups..

Animal Kingdom they could have done Better...

ddbowdoin

I had ALWAYS stayed offsite, always.

My fiance (then GF) and I stayed offsite our first trip, she had always stayed on property and convinced me of its worth. Our next stay we were fortunate enough to travel with her family... who significantly helped in the financial department. I have to say this about the resorts (Beach Club at least).

1.) I didn't really find it to have that "Disney" feel.
2.) Location was really key and made me feel the cost of the room was worth it, but as a resort it really wasn't that impressive. Pretty standard room size, basic amenities. Amazing pool though... but something I'd only use on a longer trip since I value park time over "relaxation"

SulleyanBoo

Gum chewing! But...I don't like gum chewing anywhere!

I am grateful that we go once or twice a year! It's the feel good place. I enjoy it all.

OMG:eek: lol me too! I hate gum chewing everywhere and I thought I was the only one!

And okay, I LOVE DISNEY obviously :p but a couple things that frustrate me...the buses and the unhappy cast members (not all, just some) and one last thing (not Disney's fault, just annoying) the number of oblivious people...but I tend to understand if they have never been there and don't know what they are doing..but after a long day especially a hot one, I do get frustrated. That's when you go back to the hotel and enjoy a few drinks at the pool :)

DisneyJunkie

I'm sorry, but I hate the parades. I see them as a pointless waste of time, and quite an inconvenience if you're trying to get through the area where one is passing through.

I also hate how tight-fisted Disney is with the amenities they offer their guests, for example how long it has taken them to open up free wi-fi for those staying on-property, when your common, local Hampton Inn (and other hotel chains) have been doing that for a long time. Also, with the popularity Disney has with its parks, you might think that they'd avoid price-gouging on the grocery-type items you can find in most resort shopping areas.

I also think they should have a standard park open and close time. This thing in September where the parks may close at 8:00 or so is absurd. Have ONE time year round, whether 9:30 or 10:00 and just stick with that.....EXCEPT for the EMH schedules, of course.

The Empress Lilly

- Disney transportation. Good God, must it take two hours to get from Typhoon Lagoon to DHS?
- Loud South Americans. Thats right, I said it too.
- The demise of Future World fills me with sadness. Sometimes, I even find myself a bit bored in EPCOT, this place which I once considered the most extraordinary in the world. :cry:

Most everything else that bothers me I can avoid or even pretend it doesn't exist by looking away.

bethymouse

Only 1 thing!

Well, maybe 2.

#1 THE COST!:(
#2 I can only go once a year if that.

Well,maybe 3.:ROFLOL:
#3 I live 14 hours away!:eek:

bethymouse

I agree w/ empress lily: the buses can be brutal! The tour groups are annoying- sorry for saying so! And yes- DISNEY just can't keep up w/ the technology for the future (FW).

nngrendel

I know that kids should have fun while visiting. However..............
Some parents just let their kids do whatever they want.
So... my response is
Parents who do not mind their kids. Swinging on ropes and chains in queues is one that bothers me.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
A lot of the things being mentioned...crowds, money, annoying kids \ unattentive parents and even the obnoxious over the top chanting, cheering and sometimes line cutting tour groups..aren't really specific to Disney.

I could agree with a couple of the complaints that the fanbois tend to make -
but I think alot of that is because they (and I) want things to be better I guess and maybe there's hope that if enough complaining gets done..maybe someone will notice..:lookaroun..(please someone notice..) I don't know....but ...

With that being said: the few things I have problems with aren't worth mentioning!
The good absolutely -100 percent - outweighs the bad and it's a vacation that over the last 7 years I've been unable to live without. ;)

Kramerica

I hate that they refuse to fix the yeti!

But in all seriousness, because we know that's never gonna happen. There's not much I dislike about Disney.. They're truly the best of the best. But even The best can make a few mistakes. Most people are going to disagree with me here.. I'm not sure how big of a fan I am of Magic Kingdom being on an island. Yeah, it's kinda neat and original. The fairy ride can be fun. But really, when the fireworks are over and there's tens of thousands of people trying to leave.. How many of you wish that you could just walk straight to the parking lot instead of waiting in line for a monorail or fairy..

I guess that's my biggest gripe.. And not even really a gripe. They didn't do anything wrong. Just an opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom