Is There ANYTHING you Just Don't Like About Disney?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Really! Flood gates open for the whiners. Here goes.....

The sun, the air, the water in the fountains was half a degree too hot the last time I went, the night time, the day time, the fact that other people exist, children at the parks (what are they doing there?), that I can't walk around with my eyes shut without bumping into some rude tourist, the fact there really isn't enough to moan about and we have to spend so much time and effort finding nit picky little things to ruin what should be a great experience.

God it must be great to live in a perfect world but boy some people have such high standards I don't think I'd want to live in that world cause I think I'd fall way short of their expectations.

Newsflash - Disneyworld is not perfect. Live with it. Those who seek perfection are doomed to never find it. For all the moans on this thread (most of which are not Disney's fault) it seems petty when stacked up against all the fun people must have cause they seem pretty keen to return year after year.

By the way, I hate threads designed only to seek out the negative for the sake of it. I can take a specific thread concerning a gripe about the buses or whatever but the - Hey I find this annoying what do you find annoying? - is too much.:brick:

This is gonna sound crazy. But, here goes....

Why don't you just go ahead and skip this thread?

My main issue would be the poor state of Downtown it feels like they dont know what to with it or dont want to spend money on it. Having been to Disneyland for the last couple of years where D/T has a real buzz to it I feel WDW could do with something to rejuvinate it.

natron20

Ok, why do people dislike "Meet and Greets"?

One of my gripes is the fact bus stops at the Value Resorts are not covered. Just because one can't afford to stay Moderate or Deluxe should not be directly correlated to increased odds of a heat stroke.

The Empress Lilly

One of my gripes is the fact bus stops at the Value Resorts are not covered. Just because one can't afford to stay Moderate or Deluxe should not be directly correlated to increased odds of a heat stroke.
I sometimes get the impression Disney deliberately skimps on amenities to maintain a distinction between its classes of resorts.

I do not think there is any hotel in the whole of Florida without a covered entrance / pickup area. Except Disney value resorts. Disney skimps on the $800 investment just to make the distinction clear. And how expensive is to add a water slide to a thousand room subtropical resort?

Please Disney, find a way to improve the moderates - theme, quality, amenities - instead of keeping the value resorts artificially down..

Xethos

Do people actually do that? I've never seen that. Would you be upset if a family was doing that for ONE person who had physical issues and couldn't stand in line... I'm just curious.

If someone is disabled and cant wait in line then that is different. Ive seen on more then one occasion one person waits in line while anotherr is off with the rest of the group either getting food or just sitting off to the side too lazy to stand.

steamboat wil

Here is one for you. I hate using the GAC card because of the dirty looks we get and the snide comments that we hear. It goes way beyond time spent in line. I wish people would realize that most disabled persons would gladly take your place in line any day if it meant they were healthy enough to go about life the way others do.

pintraderpayee

Ok, after much Tink and tought,heres my answer.Not one thing,I love every thing about my vacation to WDW. sorry,but it's true,not even our south American friends in their hundreds,or the thunderstorms,or that burger that could have been better with more topping.:wave:I Love Disney.:sohappy:

Ditto!

Proud Parent of a Spring Advantage CM at DAK!!!

bethymouse

That's horrible!

Here is one for you. I hate using the GAC card because of the dirty looks we get and the snide comments that we hear. It goes way beyond time spent in line. I wish people would realize that most disabled persons would gladly take your place in line any day if it meant they were healthy enough to go about life the way others do.

Why would anyone give a dirty look to any disabled person?:mad:

DisneyJunkie

I just thought of another thing I hate: Magic Kingdom closing early for all of the Halloween garbage and making the non-Halloween celebrant guests leave the park earlier than they'd like. It's our vacation too, not just the people who want to do the dress up stuff. Let the dress-up people have their fun, but come on......let the rest of us stay if we wish and continue to enjoy the park. Or, at the very least, rope off one small area or land and designate that for the Halloween stuff. The Halloween garbage seems to start up earlier and earlier than it should. Isn't Oct 31 for Halloween? Why start pushing that junk in early September?

copcarguyp71

Gas powered go carts with so much technology at their fingertips and being placed in an area of the park dedicated to technology and progress.

Kramerica

I just thought of another thing I hate: Magic Kingdom closing early for all of the Halloween garbage and making the non-Halloween celebrant guests leave the park earlier than they'd like. It's our vacation too, not just the people who want to do the dress up stuff. Let the dress-up people have their fun, but come on......let the rest of us stay if we wish and continue to enjoy the park. Or, at the very least, rope off one small area or land and designate that for the Halloween stuff. The Halloween garbage seems to start up earlier and earlier than it should. Isn't Oct 31 for Halloween? Why start pushing that junk in early September?

Have you ever done the Halloween party?

dcibrando

I hate the fact that I can stand in line for 20 minutes waiting for a bus, then someone in a wheelchair rolls up as the bus does and are automatically put on the bus. Along with their family that just arrived. Disney should have a seperate bus line for people in wheelchairs. I'm not down on people in wheelchairs, my mother is one, I just think Disney could handle this situation better.

I COMPLETELY agree with this... I actually think it would be better for guests with and without wheelchairs, etc. if they had a seperate/shared bus that better accomadated them and their familes. (could visit multiple resorts and would still be quicker for them not having to wait on everyone else to board, etc.)

Also, I'm probably in the minority here, and I even have a little 3 year old... but I HATE the autograph books. #1 it's got to be difficult for some of the characters to sign a book and #2 it makes the meet and greet lines go so much slower. I know it's another way for disney to make money though

nngrendel

No, and I never will. Pagan holidays aren't for me.

They do have Night of Joy you could try and make. Its a separate ticket event filled with Christian Music. Happens first of Sept.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/night-of-joy/

Oh almost forgot...

They also have the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Unless you think that's a Pegan holiday too because of the Christmas Tree?

copcarguyp71

ADR's... I do not know what the answer is to fix the system but today our 180 day window opened and most everything is filled up. I don't know how they can fix this so I am not much help with a solution but at 180 days out you should at least have some hope of getting your choices. It will not really diminish our enjoyment of the parks but it does drive me crazy that I am eating dinner at 3:45 at Mama Melrose's to get the dinner and a show Fantasmic package and eating breakfast at Crystal Palace before MK opens so we miss rope drop as well as having to go to our second and third choices on three other meals. I am sure there are those who will say I am negative and a whiner...please do not misunderstand I am not hating on Disney but I think they need to find some sort of better system.

I still love WDW and think it is honestly the best family vacation out there!

DisneyJunkie

They do have Night of Joy you could try and make. Its a separate ticket event filled with Christian Music. Happens first of Sept.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/night-of-joy/

Oh almost forgot...

They also have the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Unless you think that's a Pegan holiday too because of the Christmas Tree?

I wouldn't dare go to WDW at Christmas-time for 2 reasons: 1. Too crowded. 2. It's another pagan holiday I won't have anything to do with.

Annielkd

I'm totally with you. I've seen people saying things and giving dirty looks. I've been terrified to get one up until this year. I'm going to try it this year. Last year I think I went on 2 rides and spent most of the time in the hotel. Someone on another thread suggested that I just say to them "have a magical day". I would GLADLY wait hours for a ride if I could go on more than one anyday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom