Is there anything better then check in day?

need2go2wdw

That is my absolute favorite part of my trips to WDW...I LOVE arriving to our WDW resort as early as possible, grabbing a counter service lunch (Mara is our favorite as the AK is usually where we stay), then taking a mid-day swim before heading to WL for dinner at WCC or the Poly for dinner at Ohana...it's just the most amazing feeling to sit in the water and look around at eveyone having fun and think to myself, "This is only my first day! I'm not leaving anytime soon, this is just the beginning!!!"...

I often think during the day when I'm not there about the pool area, and just how many people are chillin' in their favorite resort pool after just being "welcomed home" and I SO wish it were me! I just got back from 3 trips to WDW over the last 6 weeks, and none of them were in any way long enough, they were like 3 to 4 day trips spread out with various friends/family, but even though I was just there, I still wish I were back...just checking in, heading to the pool, having lunch, showering and heading to a fabulous dinner before a wonderful week at the parks!!! Any one else love this part of their trip as much as I do??? :rolleyes:

loveformickey

Checking In

I am with you. I LOVE check-in day knowing that it's the first day of my fun and wonderful stay at Disney. We will be there at the end of Nov. and I get so excited just thinking about checking in!:sohappy: I can't wait.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I quite agree! I love the anticipation, the whole holiday stretching in front of me.

We always arrive around 4pm after a long journey, unpack, shower, get refillable mugs then set off for a relaxing evening, discussing the next couple of weeks and enjoying some evening sun. This has always been at Downtown Disney in the past, but we may be in for a controversial variation next year! We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and on the day of our arrival MK is open until 2am. Hmmm, can we resist it?? Probably not!

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I quite agree! I love the anticipation, the whole holiday stretching in front of me.

We always arrive around 4pm after a long journey, unpack, shower, get refillable mugs then set off for a relaxing evening, discussing the next couple of weeks and enjoying some evening sun. This has always been at Downtown Disney in the past, but we may be in for a controversial variation next year! We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and on the day of our arrival MK is open until 2am. Hmmm, can we resist it?? Probably not!

I never can and with uk tickets ul prob be able to hit a park :wave:

Upvote 0

Glasgow

You're so right - looking forward to check-in day is just about the only thing keeping me going right now (work has been a bear lately).
Anyway, our plans changed and we're no longer able to go visit family in Florida the day before going over to WDW so I HAD to go ahead and schedule an extra night at the beginning of our trip!! So, our wait is now one day less .. yeah!

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I love walking through the lobby doors of whatever resort we are staying at and seeing our very first Cast Member of the trip. They smile and I know that my Disney adventure is just begining. I love it.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I love check in day too. It is the start for DD and I of 7 nights and 8 days of fun fun fun! We drive from Atlanta to Orlando so head out around 9 a.m. for the 7 hour drive down...stop at the visitor center after crossing into Florida for some juice and potty breaks (lol) then on to "home". No better feeling! Get there, park, check in, see what's "up" in the area...have a nice relaxing dinner at the food court or in the room to unwind (usually after a swim in the pool!!) and off to bed getting ready for the full days ahead. Nothing better in the world - literally.

Somebody once said to me "you know you have had a GREAT Disney World vacation if you come back exhausted" - lol (love ya sis!)

Upvote 0

becanya

I agree! I have to say, I actually had dreams about check in for weeks before we left this year! Probably because I fell asleep every night to my daydreams of walking into Wilderness Lodge, heading to roaring fork for a snack, then hopping on the boat to MK. This next year we are going to land at MCO around 5:30, so make dinner reservations at WCC for 7ish. I can't wait.

Upvote 0

Disneybird

Well my first thought to answer your question was YES! :D

But I do agree with you, check-in day is always exciting. The anticipation of arriving, finding out what room you will be in, then going to your afternoon destination. It's expecially great when you have newbies along.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

check in day is a little different for us (we live 2 1/2 hours north of wdw) so we head out (overly excited of course) of the driveway around 4am "check in" at the resort around 630-7am just in time to grab a running bite to eat and be at the park for rope drop. we breath your excited sigh of relief for our first morning that we actually wake up in the resort. but we too share your feeling of it being new, shiny, and that it's the beginning of our trip...and we have only 28 days 12 hours and 29 more minutes before we pull out of the driveway for our next trip (yeah).

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Going to bed the first night and waking up at WDW is pretty exciting too! Waking up knowing that we are on vacation and at WDW. Heading to Main Steet Bakery for our first breakfast:slurp:

Upvote 0

ml123_9

I agree, check in day is so exciting. The whole day is filled with anticipation from the plane trip to the ride on DME with the welcome video, then pulling into your resort and walking into the lobby. Normally we will check in, go to the room and drop our stuff and head to the food court for lunch. Then, since we stay at POR, we hop a boat to Downtown Disney and get the shopping out of the way and catch our first ADR to wherever. The whole day is incredible. Just think, we only have 328 days to go.

Upvote 0

Flip83

Check In Day is OF COURSE the best feeling ever. Knowing that all your worries are gone for a week or more.

I will tell ya, my family has gone so many times since I was little, and for the first time last June, we decided to take an extra nights stay, fly in the night before we originally planned to give us a real early start our first morning. It was AWESOME. It was nice because we got to Disney around 8 (2 hour flight) and we got to hit downtown disney for a couple hours, come back relax by the pool and then start off our morning right with a Character Breakfast then obviously go to MK. Best thing we've ever done. It's a little tougher when we stay at Deluxe resorts. Would it be worth it to pay all that extra money? No. But if you're staying at Value or maybe even Moderate, it's WELL worth it. Even if you take the latest flight possible to Orlando (or Drive) to arrive the night before is awesome. We will do it anytime we can

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom