Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

CJR

I know things can change, but have they decided how they're going to demo Innoventions West?

Like I imagine they'll do the half closest to SSE first so that they can create a path for people to get the pavilions (Sea, Land, and Imagination), then do the side with Club Cool and Starbucks.

I ask, because I want to enjoy Club Cool for as long as I can, haha. I'm still holding out hope that it shows up in the Play Pavilion or something.

Timothy_Q

How exactly is the hub project going to solve the "trash cans as tables" problem?

DreamfinderGuy

I know things can change, but have they decided how they're going to demo Innoventions West?

Like I imagine they'll do the half closest to SSE first so that they can create a path for people to get the pavilions (Sea, Land, and Imagination), then do the side with Club Cool and Starbucks.

I ask, because I want to enjoy Club Cool for as long as I can, haha. I'm still holding out hope that it shows up in the Play Pavilion or something.
As far as I heard before, the plan was to shut down West first, and then demo it. It might've been a phased closure starting with Character Spot or Club Cool, but I'm honestly not sure. I feel like it would've just been a swift all at once type of thing, but it also would make sense to tear down the northern end of the building first, keeping the "Innoventions West" portion of the building around as temporary meet and greet locations before the rest of the demolition happened. Granted this was the plan I heard back when the proposed idea was to keep East though, so I haven't a clue if that's still the plan.

rocketraccoon

Oh my 4 years? You'd think that something as essential as the hub of the park they'd try to expedite the process. Could it be due to having multiple phases over the 4 years?
I can't imagine it not being in phases. No real point (or manpower) to tear down everything at once. I imagine the big things should be done by the 40th though.

TwilightZone

Wow, this thread has everything. Snarkiness. Millennial-hating. Anger over demolishing a building that hasn't housed anything useful or entertaining in about a decade.
I agree, this thread has gotten way too hateful over something so minor.
I get why people don't like the idea of yet another place to buy beer, but overall, the decision isn't too bad. I rather like the openness. I am a little sad, but I think the idea is fine.
But then again, maybe that's my millennialness speaking and I'm stupid.

Bostb71

I agree, this thread has gotten way too hateful over something so minor.
I get why people don't like the idea of yet another place to buy beer, but overall, the decision isn't too bad. I rather like the openness. I am a little sad, but I think the idea is fine.
But then again, maybe that's my millennialness speaking and I'm stupid.
I'm more disturbed by all the love for Club Cool :rolleyes:

CJR

Anger over demolishing a building that hasn't housed anything useful or entertaining in about a decade.

Define useful. Starbucks, Club Cool, Meet and Greets are useful depending on the beholder.

I'm not angry by it, but it does come across as unnecessary and a misuse of money when these "additions" could be worked into the existing setup and allow for money to redo Imagination, for example. Money can be better spent, that's my dislike of it. Comes across as short sighted to me. Just my opinion though. It's a fine example of modern day Disney.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm more disturbed by all the love for Club Cool :rolleyes:

Imagine what people would say if there never ever was a Club Cool. And, as part of this renovation, Disney proudly announced, "And as a special treat to our guest -- and in cooperation with the Coca-Cola Company -- and in keeping with our international theme of World Showcase, Epcot will provide a spot where guests can refresh themselves with samples of Coke flavors around the world! And we're going to call it... Club Cool!"

It would be ridiculed.

Kman101

It seems to me that they've simply accepted Epcot as a Festival park with a collection of rides.

That's exactly what they're doing.

They have been making band aid "fixes" since 1997 and none of them have worked.

On a positive note, I think the masses on here have felt the monoliths in front of Spaceship earth and the tarp explosion behind it aren't a great look. It sounds like at least aesthetically Future World will see an improvement. However, it still very much seems like the park will be a Festival park with a disjointed theme and the worst ride lineup of any Disney Park in the world.

I'm 7 pages behind ... sheesh! Slown down the posts people ;)

But I agree. It feels like another series of bandaids and the park is still a hot mess.

Like the DHS "overhaul" ... a swing and a miss.

Sure, the entrance will be nice and pleasant again. For every "good thing" they're doing, they still don't get it.

They're thinking short-term, STILL, because Epcot has been propped up by festivals for two decades.

Kman101

Imagine what people would say if there never ever was a Club Cool. And, as part of this renovation, Disney proudly announced, "And as a special treat to our guest -- and in cooperation with the Coca-Cola Company -- and in keeping with our international theme of World Showcase, Epcot will provide a spot where guests can refresh themselves with samples of Coke flavors around the world! And we're going to call it... Club Cool!"

It would be ridiculed.

I'm disturbed by you're apparent dislike of Club Cool. How dare you sir? ;)

I enjoy it. It's become "one of those things". Heaven forbid Disney offers something for free ;) I'm kind of surprised some of you are so against anything free. It's a nice gesture. Heaven forbid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom