Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

Haymarket2008

I'm still trying to figure out what (if any) cohesive theme they are going for at Epcot as a whole. Play pavillion, GotG, Beer Garden then there is the Land, Imagination, the Seas. I guess they don't really care to tie everything together?

I guess a section of the park devoted to discovery and a more fantastical/heightened reality? No idea haha

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If you consider doom to be the most extensive and elaborate expansions in the history of Disney, then yeah, I'll take doom and so will 98% of the public.

Expansions? At Epcot? Pretty sure the footprint of the park is not changing in any appreciable way, other than the land occupied by the Big Blue Box. Does that "most extensive and elaborate expansions in the history of Disney" include the added acreage for SW:GE at DL, arguably the most themed environment they've created, on par with Pandora? Or the additional land they're adding to WDSP for their SW area, Frozen area, etc.?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
How long has it been since Epcot as a whole had a cohesive theme? 1993?
Thats fair, and maybe it's time (personally) to stop thinking it will ever again and move on, but when you grow up thinking you have been to the greatest theme park in the world, with things you have never seen in your life, technological advances that haven't been mainstream yet, you hope that momentum can continue. Fast Forward to 2019 and beyond and we get an extremely expensive coaster that from all accounts won't be earth shattering, a play area for kids to run into their favorite characters (i.e. Magic Kingdom part II) and well a beer garden because the profit margins are just too hard to pass up on alcohol sales. Sad really.

wishiwere@wdw

Quick question, and apologies if this has already been discussed...

Do we yet know the elevation and design of this beer garden? And since everyone today must have, you know, a rooftop bar, I assume this will have something of the sort?

Just preparing myself for the inevitable dessert/beer party firework package.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

Do we yet know the elevation and design of this beer garden? And since everyone today must have, you know, a rooftop bar, I assume this will have something of the sort?

If i am correct from my past interpritations of posts, I believe it is the festival center that will have the roof top bar.

RobbinsDad

The gloves are coming off...My little princesses deserve more sausage options than hot dogs! I DEMAND CHAIRS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Bender123

My elevation will be about 0 feet after enough beers...

Epcot_Imagineer

After just reading the past 20 pages of this thread, I feel like I just experienced a 15 minute long soap opera. Just putting out my two cents: I am staying cautiously optimistic about this hub.

All the rest I have to say on all of this; Martin saw the other hub plans. As far as we know, no one else on here did. Now you tell me, if you saw an amazing construction plan for a park that you loved, and then watched it get passed over for something comparatively mediocre, would you be taking it as well as he is? ;)

jt04

One of the benefits they are going for here IMO is that festival goers will no longer have to use trash cans for dining tables.

So, ultimately Epcot 2.0 is about a better guest experience designed with millenials in mind. And the future.

imagine that.

EJ96

One of the benefits they are going for here IMO is that festival goers will no longer have to use trash cans for dining tables.

So, ultimately Epcot 2.0 is about a better guest experience designed with millenials in mind. And the future.

imagine that.

That’s not the future, that’s just better park ops. I don’t even know how you created that “more dining space = stays true to the original theme” connection.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

imagine that.
Yeah I'll have to agree with @EJ96 ... Better flow doesn't = a better "future". I'll use World of Disney again as a great example of that. More functional, yes but completely cold and dead in the inside

jt04

That’s not the future, that’s just better park ops. I don’t even know how you created that “more dining space = stays true to the original theme” connection.

Just stating a fundamental principle that I believe is informing the changes we will see.

jt04

Yeah I'll have to agree with @EJ96 ... Better flow doesn't = a better "future". I'll use World of Disney again as a great example of that. More functional, yes but completely cold and dead in the inside

Energy was cold inside for many. Even sleep inducing.

Epcot 2.0 will be less passive and observational and more experiential. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom