• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

DreamfinderGuy

Advertisement
Oh great, they're designing a "better guest experience" for the Tide Pod-eating, condom-snorting, vapid social-media-runs-my-life generation. Thrilling...
I’m unfortunately a member of this generation, and I think I speak for at least a couple people like me when I say that I don’t think this is a better guest experience.

Epcot_Imagineer

Oh great, they're designing a "better guest experience" for the Tide Pod-eating, condom-snorting, vapid social-media-runs-my-life generation. Thrilling...
I’m unfortunately a member of this generation, and I think I speak for at least a couple people like me when I say that I don’t think this is a better guest experience.
DreamfinderGuy does not speak for all of this generation. I, for one, think that the Disney Parks do not offer enough opportunities for me to eat Tide Pods.

CJR

I know things can change, but have they decided how they're going to demo Innoventions West?

Like I imagine they'll do the half closest to SSE first so that they can create a path for people to get the pavilions (Sea, Land, and Imagination), then do the side with Club Cool and Starbucks.

I ask, because I want to enjoy Club Cool for as long as I can, haha. I'm still holding out hope that it shows up in the Play Pavilion or something.

DreamfinderGuy

I know things can change, but have they decided how they're going to demo Innoventions West?

Like I imagine they'll do the half closest to SSE first so that they can create a path for people to get the pavilions (Sea, Land, and Imagination), then do the side with Club Cool and Starbucks.

I ask, because I want to enjoy Club Cool for as long as I can, haha. I'm still holding out hope that it shows up in the Play Pavilion or something.
As far as I heard before, the plan was to shut down West first, and then demo it. It might've been a phased closure starting with Character Spot or Club Cool, but I'm honestly not sure. I feel like it would've just been a swift all at once type of thing, but it also would make sense to tear down the northern end of the building first, keeping the "Innoventions West" portion of the building around as temporary meet and greet locations before the rest of the demolition happened. Granted this was the plan I heard back when the proposed idea was to keep East though, so I haven't a clue if that's still the plan.

rocketraccoon

Oh my 4 years? You'd think that something as essential as the hub of the park they'd try to expedite the process. Could it be due to having multiple phases over the 4 years?
I can't imagine it not being in phases. No real point (or manpower) to tear down everything at once. I imagine the big things should be done by the 40th though.

Top Bottom