Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Sage of Time

...but things didn't always go as planned.

70976-800.jpg
Considering how well that shot is composed, I am apt to say that it's a press shot and does not represent the actual conditions that SitS took place under. :)

Brian

Haha I know..It's as funny as seeing characters roaming freely in the commercials...When that clearly doesn't happen anymore..

I love how, to this day, they still sometimes use the publicity footage of Goofy riding Big Thunder Mountain or Genie riding the Flying carpets, or Mickey walking up to a family out of nowhere on Main Street. Oh, and my favorite, Captain Hook strolling along with some elderly man.

note2001

I love how, to this day, they still sometimes use the publicity footage of characters riding attractions with guests or sneaking up behind guests on Main Street/near the castle.

I've never seen a character ride a ride as they do in the commercial, however, have witnessed as recent as last summer characters on their way out/back from M&G locations sneaking up behind unsuspecting guests (typically overly distracted moms, who need it the most :) )

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I've never seen a character ride a ride as they do in the commercial, however, have witnessed as recent as last summer characters on their way out/back from M&G locations sneaking up behind unsuspecting guests (typically overly distracted moms, who need it the most :) )

Not to derail this thread any further but...

During the year of a million dreams we rode Peter Pan with Wendy, well my kids did while we rode in the flying ship behind them. They had a blast.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I see what you did there. Wendy is your Sister's name, isn't it?

Haha, that would have been funny but no. We were offered the opportunity when we got in line and handed a lanyard to give the CM towards the end, much like the red cards for tracking wait times and after a couple minutes Wendy came up and greeted my kids and rode with them. I had never seen it before and thought it was marketing pure and simple before, never seen it since.

We also got a bunch of "free" instant fast-passes, gold Mickey ears and an all day FP card during the week we were there. Made for a very "MAGICal" trip until POP told us they were overbooked and we had to change resorts.

mhead

I love how, to this day, they still sometimes use the publicity footage of Goofy riding Big Thunder Mountain or Genie riding the Flying carpets, or Mickey walking up to a family out of nowhere on Main Street. Oh, and my favorite, Captain Hook strolling along with some elderly man.

Several years ago Stitch rode Dumbo with my daughter. It was during the Preschool Morning thing they used to do.

pumpkin7

Two things about this image.
1, the spires are missing. When did they go? No one noticed because of the big hat.
2, I LOVE how someone went to the time and effort to create the big ugly stage!! :D:rolleyes:

Oh and looking back through the time line, looks like the spires have been missing since 2006/2007 time... that's when they disappear from the images as far as I can tell.
Or shrink! They may just shrink judging by the shadows. Something is definitely showing in the shadow, but not as big as the spires that are shown in the 1990s Sorcerer in the Sky videos.

Oh ok, 'googlemaps1' is what I can see in the shadows... I'm guessing those aren't the tops of the spires.

Attachments

• googlemaps.jpg
    googlemaps.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 185
  • googlemaps1.jpg
    googlemaps1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Since the BAH is gone, isn't it time to retire this thread after 309 pages?

We can start another long running thread on the ending of the FP+ for lunch at BOG and if the rumored breakfast will be QS, TS, booked through an ADR, etc.... ;)

Rose&Crowner

My daughter was taken by the hand by Alice and the white Rabbit to ride Mad Tea Party last year. Right place right time, sure, but anyone who argues against rope drop entrance is nutty.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom