Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

lazyboy97o

I agree with what you mean about Walt, and while the hat was brought to DHS for that purpose, the Burbank version had more to do with Roy E. Disney. Although I don't know this for sure, my thoughts are to him, it represented the golden age of Disney animation, which he cherished and wanted to relive (hence Fantasia 2000). By circumstance, it came to be during the Disney Renaissance. I believe it was at this point that the hat first became more of an icon and the DHS hat was kind of inspired by it for the same reason. Cliche? I won't argue with that, I agree. I'm easy to please, thus I found enjoyment in it. I will enjoy the view of Hollywood Boulevard even more though and won't miss the hat at all.
Why does Roy E. Disney matter? The Feature Animation building is Stern trying to follow the more typical postmodern aesthetic loved by Michael Eisner. Large and out of context. The building has been despised by its occupants since it opened. The Hat reads like a trump card whether associated with Walt or his nephew, as though it is from either and therefore the design is better, while ignoring the buildings and campus across the highway that was built for animation and from which the animators were exiled. It's all a repeated series of empty gestures.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
this morning

10868251_10152722216262632_4778173461650763960_n.jpg

JustInTime

G1TTasd.jpg

So here is the real Chinese Theatre behind Craig Ferguson, who used to work for CBS but before that was Mr. Wick on the Drew Carey Show on ABC, the network that Disney owns, and he comes from Scotland which is in the UK which is a lot like England in EPCOT, so of course it all must be connected, right? So it's obvious that the newest icon for the Studios must be a giant animatronic Geoff Peterson, because (after all) his arm works which is more than you can say for the Yeti.

And that, my friends, is how logic works on one of these boards.
I was pointing out that the person saying the theater was fake was pointless. Hahaha yeah. It was pointless.

DisDan

wow, this is the most glacial demolition i've ever seen.

I'm not sure what you expected, it seems they are using after hours to take apart the BAH. Also seems they are being very methodical about it, probably in an effort to maintain the surrounding area (and possibly some of the structure). This is going about as fast as I thought it would, it's coming down piece by piece on a nightly basis, a week from now there probably won't be any more vertical structure left.

Since I have no clue what they plan to do with that space once that hat is down, I have no idea how long the construction walls will stay up while they work on the ground portion of this project.

Cmdr_Crimson

What the ?@#?? is THAT? Also, CAN I HAVE ONE????
What the Heck is that??!!!
That is EXACTLY what I needed for my plans for total global domination!

While it does look like a Monster Buzzsaw It is actually The World's Largest Earth Mover..Here's some details..
Specifications:
~ The mover stands 311 feet tall and 705 feet long.
~ It weighs over 45,500 tons
~ Cost $100 million to build
~ Took 5 years to design and manufacture
~ 5 years to assemble.
~ Requires 5 people to operate it.
~ The Bucket Wheel is over 70 feet in diameter with 20 buckets,each of which can hold over 530 cubic feet of material.
~ A 6-foot man can stand up inside one of the buckets.
~ It moves on 12 crawlers (each is 12 feet wide, 8' high and 46 feet long).There are 8 crawlers in front and 4 in back.
It has a maximum speed of 1 mile in 3 hours (1/3 mile/hour).
~ It can remove over 76,455 cubic meters each day.(100,000 large dump trucks at 40yds. each)

NYwdwfan

While it does look like a Monster Buzzsaw It is actually The World's Largest Earth Mover..Here's some details..
Specifications:
~ The mover stands 311 feet tall and 705 feet long.
~ It weighs over 45,500 tons
~ Cost $100 million to build
~ Took 5 years to design and manufacture
~ 5 years to assemble.
~ Requires 5 people to operate it.
~ The Bucket Wheel is over 70 feet in diameter with 20 buckets,each of which can hold over 530 cubic feet of material.
~ A 6-foot man can stand up inside one of the buckets.
~ It moves on 12 crawlers (each is 12 feet wide, 8' high and 46 feet long).There are 8 crawlers in front and 4 in back.
It has a maximum speed of 1 mile in 3 hours (1/3 mile/hour).
~ It can remove over 76,455 cubic meters each day.(100,000 large dump trucks at 40yds. each)

When I first saw your post I figured it was fake or photoshopped in at 4x it's actual size. I cannot believe that is a real thing. It's totally bad**s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom