Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

PhotoDave219

MagicKingfan1120

Hi everyone!

I remember seeing the hat coming into the park as a kid. I always liked it then because it was different. Now it seems as if it has overstayed its welcome. When I walk into the park as an adult I'm honestly confused. I see the Tower of Terror, the hat, and the theater all lined up. It seems as if these attractions would baffle me if I were a first time visitor. The thing that bothers me the most is that the architecture leading up to the GMR needs the theater to be seen in the distance. It's as if they stuck something there that doesn't fit in. It blocks the view of the theater and honestly, as an adult, I'm excited to see it go. More green spaces and more trees are also a bonus for DHS!

Sam Magic

The moment you realize that our park maps will look like this next year:
Disney-MGM-Studios2.jpg

#DINGDONGTHEHATISDEAD

DisDan

Don't worry it'll be landfill. There's no way they'd spend the money needed to carefully reconstruct it brick-by-brick elsewhere, or move it on rollers or whatever. Nah, there's just a big wrecking ball coming in and the hat will hopefully soon be a pile of twisted magical metal.

Well, they could use Gru's Shrink-Ray on it.

LouP

i hate this. i love the hat! it has been there since i started going to disney. now i'm twenty and it's just gonna be gone?! that's like taking away cinderella's castle or the tree of life!

I understand the POV of those that want it gone (and never wanted it in the first place), since it doesn't really fit the overall theme of the park or of Hollywood Boulevard.

That said, I think the hat works better as a wienie than the Chinese Theater. The Chinese Theater isn't large or distinctive enough to stand apart enough to capture Guests' attention the way the hat did.

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi

Attachments

• removehat_before.jpg
    removehat_before.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

TomP

Don't worry it'll be landfill. There's no way they'd spend the money needed to carefully reconstruct it brick-by-brick elsewhere, or move it on rollers or whatever. Nah, there's just a big wrecking ball coming in and the hat will hopefully soon be a pile of twisted magical metal.

Maybe Disney could get....uh.....Hannah Montana....to come in and ride said wrecking ball?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom