Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

3WaltFans

hollywoodstudios.jpg

Awesome view - we love you.....

images

jdmdisney99

hollywoodstudios.jpg

images
You know it is an awesome view especially in that picture. But it would be a better view if it was in an appropriate environment, like Animation Courtyard, housing an actual attraction, like an animated Great Movie Ride. The hat is a great view until it is view from the start of Hollywood Boulevard (the entrance) and when you realize it is just a pin shop, concealing an appropriate structure and attraction behind it.

cheezbat

hollywoodstudios.jpg

Only in that picture.

I was at DHS last week...and that thing looks like crap! The panels that make up the hat are all different shades of blue...some being really faded. Also, I noticed a number of lights out on that thing. Then you've got that pin store under it, a big stage in front of it, and a great facade hidden behind it.

I'll take the pre-hat view anyday.

CDavid

...like Fantasia Gardens miniature golf?

Well, I was thinking the RCID or county landfill as a more appropriate setting. Look great alongside SpectroMagic. :mad:

Seriously, though, there are some places within WDW where the hat would work better. All-Star Movies, perhaps?

The Empress Lilly

hollywoodstudios.jpg

images
No budget to remove that hat. No budget to redo those searchlights either. Both views are gone.

But all the money in the world to buy back shares and pay obscene salaries and bonusses to TWDC's one percent. Merry Christmas to all our crisis-stricken families, especially the ones now priced out of a WDW vacation.

space42

No budget to remove that hat. No budget to redo those searchlights either. Both views are gone.

But all the money in the world to buy back shares and pay obscene salaries and bonusses to TWDC's one percent. Merry Christmas to all our crisis-stricken families, especially the ones now priced out of a WDW vacation.

Somehow I think this quote is relevant...

November 7, 2013|By Jason Garcia, Orlando Sentinel

Walt Disney Co. reported another quarter of double-digit profit growth Thursday, boosted by higher summer prices for tickets and hotel rooms at Walt Disney World and the company's other theme-park resorts.

The results capped a fiscal year in which Burbank, Calif.-based Disney turned a profit of $6.1 billion, an 8 percent jump from 2012. Sales across the media-and-entertainment giant rose 7 percent for the year to $45 billion, another company record.

dgp602

You know it is an awesome view especially in that picture. But it would be a better view if it was in an appropriate environment, like Animation Courtyard, housing an actual attraction, like an animated Great Movie Ride. The hat is a great view until it is view from the start of Hollywood Boulevard (the entrance) and when you realize it is just a pin shop, concealing an appropriate structure and attraction behind it.
Well said..I like the concept of this hat, but not the location...

Disboy21

Since opening day in 1989, Hollywood Studios has had an icon and it still stands to this day aka, The Chinese Theater (Great Movie Ride). The best thing that they could do is move the Sorcerer Hat into the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. I think it would be an awesome entrance way or even aesthetic for the Fantasmic show since it features Sorcerer Mickey.

Seabasealpha1

This one must not get the Botox injections the other one gets...time has been harsh! ;)

Ah, you went with botox, I was gonna go with something else. ;)[/quote]

ahahaha!!! Well, the hat at the studios has been there for over four hours now...no wonder we're all in pain over it...oh well, I guess that's what happens when management gets to being a little stiff about things...

Goofyernmost

Since opening day in 1989, Hollywood Studios has had an icon and it still stands to this day aka, The Chinese Theater (Great Movie Ride). The best thing that they could do is move the Sorcerer Hat into the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. I think it would be an awesome entrance way or even aesthetic for the Fantasmic show since it features Sorcerer Mickey.
The official icon was the Earful Tower, and as long as they keep "studio's" in the name, it should stay. The reason why the theater wasn't the icon was because it didn't tower over the park like the castle, Space Ship Earth and the Tree of life and the Earful Tower continues to do. As many have said, it has never been the existence of the Hat that bothered me it was the location. If they wanted to make the Hat the Icon they could have put it in the Animation Courtyard where it would have physically and esthetically fit the area and theme.

danniyell

Couldn't they move the hat to just outside the entrance? Like where they put the Christmas tree in December? With a nice film reel wrapped round the front with 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' in the film reel and make it a brilliant photo op? Would still remain, still be iconic, have the lovely lighting at night and actually form a kinda good focal point for entry ? Just a thought!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom