Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Cesar R M

I still insist they could just move the giant hat to the entrance (the turnpikes and checkpoint) of Fantasmic.
gives them shadow (to the CMs) and gives space for some intro videos, fastpass system..etc.. :p

2 hits in a single stone!
(now, I wonder how the hell would they move a giant hat thru very narrow streets.)

PorterRedkey

I still insist they could just move the giant hat to the entrance (the turnpikes and checkpoint) of Fantasmic.
gives them shadow (to the CMs) and gives space for some intro videos, fastpass system..etc.. :p

(now, I wonder how the hell would they move a giant hat thru very narrow streets.)
That is a great idea, but what about the ToT sight lines from Sunset Blvd. As long as they can keep it out of the way of ToT (and they could), I say go for it!

lazyboy97o

Then it would be visible from World Showcase between the Morocco Pavilion and the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

AndyS2992

I wish they would change the logo back to this one..
walt-disney-world-logo.png

I know the other one is the original and was nice to see it back out for the 40th Anniversary but that has long since gone and much prefer the new one. They still use the above one on commercials here in the UK but the old one is now much more prevalent on merchandise and stuff and I would prefer it not to be.

PorterRedkey

First step, get rid of the freaking stage! Even if they tear the hat down, and keep the stage you still would not get the great view of the Chinese theater. Even if they keep the hat, for the love of Walt, pleas tear down that stupid stage. If you need a stage for special events great, but other wise please go away! Really if they are going to use a stage so much for special events they should make an area off of the main strip that can accommodate their needs without ruining the original intended sight lines.

P.S. I don't like the stage.

Bairstow

First step, get rid of the freaking stage! Even if they tear the hat down, and keep the stage you still would not get the great view of the Chinese theater. Even if they keep the hat, for the love of Walt, pleas tear down that stupid stage. If you need a stage for special events great, but other wise please go away! Really if they are going to use a stage so much for special events they should make an area off of the main strip that can accommodate their needs without ruining the original intended sight lines.

P.S. I don't like the stage.

They did.
...but then they put it back.

lazyboy97o

I wish they would change the logo back to this one..
walt-disney-world-logo.png

I know the other one is the original and was nice to see it back out for the 40th Anniversary but that has long since gone and much prefer the new one. They still use the above one on commercials here in the UK but the old one is now much more prevalent on merchandise and stuff and I would prefer it not to be.
This logo is just so bland and corporate. There is nothing special or unique about it. Almost every part of The Walt Disney Company received the exact same logo and now has even updated that same logo, ditching the serifs.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Then it would be visible from World Showcase between the Morocco Pavilion and the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
And that would be just as bad.

I don't really think the BAH can be relocated without severely damaging it.
In which case - blow it up and sell the chunks as souvenirs. Now there's a unique souvenir I would happily pay for.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
They did.
...but then they put it back.
I know, right?!

I was so excited when the stage was gone during our Fall trip (9/23 - 10/02). I really thought it was the first step.
Unfortunately, shortly after returning home, I read that it was coming back.

JohnD

Against my own judgment, I'm re-entering the fray. I noticed that the 2014 logo emphasizes Earful tower and not the hat. But that may be just a retro-thing. The poster calendar is old MK posters and it has the old WDW logo.

See poster calendar (attached)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 135

JohnD

Against my own judgment, I'm re-entering the fray. I noticed that the 2014 logo emphasizes Earful tower and not the hat. But that may be just a retro-thing. The poster calendar is old MK posters and it has the old WDW logo.

See poster calendar (attached)

Even the 16 month calendar uses Earful Tower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 86

PeeplMoovr

If they'll sell a DL Space Mountain shirt they'll sell a third party designed logo.

I have enough experience in this field to absolutely agree with Martin. To judge Disney's long-range park plans (or lack thereof) by a shirt, calendar, or other on-the-shelf merch is to completely misunderstand how the Company's left arm doesn't communicate at all with its right arm, legs, or brain (assuming it has a brain).

Cosmic Commando

Well, 4 years 7 months and 2 weeks since the birth of this thread... the answer has been "NO" thus far. :arghh:

I think that thing will be standing until the zombie apocalypse starts. Based on my knowledge of the movie World War Z, I know that there will be inexplicably huge explosions everywhere the second zombies show up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom