Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Seabasealpha1

Couldn't they move the hat to just outside the entrance? Like where they put the Christmas tree in December? With a nice film reel wrapped round the front with 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' in the film reel and make it a brilliant photo op? Would still remain, still be iconic, have the lovely lighting at night and actually form a kinda good focal point for entry ? Just a thought!
I had THE EXACT same thought!

jdmdisney99

Couldn't they move the hat to just outside the entrance? Like where they put the Christmas tree in December? With a nice film reel wrapped round the front with 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' in the film reel and make it a brilliant photo op? Would still remain, still be iconic, have the lovely lighting at night and actually form a kinda good focal point for entry ? Just a thought!
It has been mentioned before and I think it would be a great idea, but only if Disney had a cloaking device. If it was put out front it would be obviously visible from World Showcase in Epcot.

aladdin2007

It has been mentioned before and I think it would be a great idea, but only if Disney had a cloaking device. If it was put out front it would be obviously visible from World Showcase in Epcot.

Probably wouldnt matter to them anymore, rapunzels tower sticking up next to the haunted mansion, viewable in liberty square and frontierland as an example. :banghead:

the.dreamfinder

I think that might be enticing even to the people that hated the hat. They can hang the pin on the wall like a hunting trophy or the head of a bitter enemy...
Comcast-Logo.png

FerretAfros

I'm not so sure that moving it 300 yards will make it any more visible from World Showcase; it would still be more than 0.75mi from the backside of the closest pavilions

However, moving it there (or to the Fantasmic! entrance, as so often suggested) would really screw with the scale of TOT. According to Wikipedia, the hat is 121' tall, which would make the 199' tall tower look much smaller. Right now the illusion works because there are so few tall structures nearby (anywhere in WDW, really), but if you plop one down right next to it, there goes your illusion of an extremely tall building (similar to DCA's old 199' Maliboomer next to the Paradise Pier Hotel)

danniyell

But I can see Everest from summit plummet and I can see the tree of life from there too - hell I can see the top of France in a Epcot from rooms in beach club and can even see Spaceship rasht from dare I say it rooms in hotels at Downtown disney area .... It's a feature so why does it need to be hidden it just needs an apt re location :)

lazyboy97o

But I can see Everest from summit plummet and I can see the tree of life from there too - hell I can see the top of France in a Epcot from rooms in beach club and can even see Spaceship rasht from dare I say it rooms in hotels at Downtown disney area .... It's a feature so why does it need to be hidden it just needs an apt re location :)
1. The thing is just ugly.
2. Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Since opening day in 1989, Hollywood Studios has had an icon and it still stands to this day aka, The Chinese Theater (Great Movie Ride). The best thing that they could do is move the Sorcerer Hat into the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. I think it would be an awesome entrance way or even aesthetic for the Fantasmic show since it features Sorcerer Mickey.

Now THERE is a good idea!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Another really GOOD idea, You could even put a small Starbucks on the opposite side so you can get your favorite beverages and still have the themed side facing the parking lot so you could have a great photo op and a revenue producer in the same area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom