Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

BrianLo

I had the pleasure of a quick peek just yesterday. Boy oh boy! Rat is going to be phenomenal. The area and showbuilding are HUGE, looking gorgeous too. How much fun the ride itself is going to be remains to be seen, but my money's on something closer to Tokyo's Pooh than SEA's pinguins.

I don't see them cloning it in WDW. The outside area is too reminiscent of World Showcase France. And whereas Rat strenghtens the identity of the French resort, it is pretty much a forgotten franchise in America.

Soon, the stateside Disney parks will be the only ones without a magnificent trackless ride. I don't think that will last, I'd wager sooner or later some trackless ride is going to be built. Here's hoping it's not Pixar based!

I am hoping better than either otherwise that's a disappointment. Pooh is still a D-ticket (albeit an amazing on at that). They already have proved they can exceed it with Mystic Manor. I am wagering it will fall squarely in between being more detailed than Pooh, but faster in speed than Manor (or feigned speed with the use of screens).

Yes the ride it great, but based on the insane performance of Be Our Guest, it is the restaurant I am surprised WDW isn't somewhat enticed by.

It really is surprising the states will still be missing a trackless dark ride! Not surprised by WDW, but I don't know why DL/DCA don't have any whispered plans for one yet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is EXACTLY what Disney needs to do... expand Pixar Place and add numerous both small and some larger Pixar based/themed attractions....the possibilities are huge.... we don't have to have a dedicated carsland like in cali... build a Pixar themed land and don't limit yourself... indoor dark rides, coasters, hell I'd even take a spinner if done right lol

I think they are more focused on larger themed "lands" now adays since Hairyless Potter and all
What you describe is similar to what was planned.... An E and a D, or two Es, one or two Cs and some immersive, people swallowing themed areas. This is now on hold pending the new IP plan.

WDWDad13

Pixar isn't big anymore though. Monsters did well because its a sequel to an older film but Cars 2 and Brave underperformed and got poor critical reception. It's not the premium hit factory that it was ten years ago. Marvel and Lucasfilm are far better investments because of their proven success across multiple decades. Since they can't use Marvel in FL they will be using Lucasfilm properties.

Honestly, It would probably be a better idea to just dump pixar place and build an Indiana Jones themed land in that area with a new version of Temple of the Forbidden Eye. They also have a new animated fantasy film in development that I think would be an awesome dark ride in the park.

I agree... but they need more kid friendly things in DHS IMO...Star Wars, while cool, isn't for everyone

I do agree with Pixar being in the past... but they could do so many things to some of the older movies they don't have attractions for today

Sped2424

I am hoping better than either otherwise that's a disappointment. Pooh is still a D-ticket (albeit an amazing on at that). They already have proved they can exceed it with Mystic Manor. I am wagering it will fall squarely in between being more detailed than Pooh, but faster in speed than Manor (or feigned speed with the use of screens).

Yes the ride it great, but based on the insane performance of Be Our Guest, it is the restaurant I am surprised WDW isn't somewhat enticed by.

It really is surprising the states will still be missing a trackless dark ride! Not surprised by WDW, but I don't know why DL/DCA don't have any whispered plans for one yet.
I don't think we are looking at a d ticket here on the scale of pooh's hunny hunt just look at how big the track is
Ratatouille-attraction-Kitchen-Calamity-Disneyland-Paris-blueprint-show-building-layout-4.jpg

djlaosc

Half of DHS will truly be a construction zone within the next 8 months.

I just want to know what's going to be around for my trip next December - is it basically going to be up Hollywood Boulevard and left apart from Star Tours, or because Cars Land seems to be cancelled, will the back half of the park still be open, with Osborne Lights, and the only things closing are B&TB, AIE and Indiana Jones?

Last edited:

doctornick

What you describe is similar to what was planned.... An E and a D, or two Es, one or two Cs and some immersive, people swallowing themed areas. This is now on hold pending the new IP plan.

Wait, are you saying that the "Cars Land" plans for DHS involved 2 E/D type rides, and 1-2 C tickets? All Cars? Or are you saying that along with Cars, a general Pixar expansion would have included that?

tirian

I just want to know what's going to be around for my trip next December - is it basically going to be up Hollywood Boulevard and left apart from Star Tours, or because Cars Land seems to be cancelled, will the back half of the park still be open, with Osborne Lights, and the only things closing are B&TB, AIE and Indiana Jones?
Nothing is currently scheduled to begin until January.

doctornick

Half of DHS will truly be a construction zone within the next 8 months. This has been fast tracked so the announcements will steal a bit of HP2 thunder from Uni. I'm not sure how well that will work, since none of the SW plans are on the level of Gringott's or Forbidden Journey. But I do trust Kathy M.

While I realize it is a colloquialism, it doesn't sound like anything near "half" the park will be closed in the near future. Or am I crazy? AIE/IJ stunt show might be closed, the former IJ stunt show and the SoA possibly including the Muppets -- that's the short term targets, right? That's a big chunk, but more like a quarter of the park.

It seems like LMA and Backlot Tour are safe for now. I guess maybe the Theater of the Stars (BatB) and the Little Mermaid show might undergo changes, but that's not clear.

I'm just asking because it seemed like actualy half of the park would be closed simultaneously and now the plans seem less expansive.

doctornick

I agree... but they need more kid friendly things in DHS IMO...Star Wars, while cool, isn't for everyone

Good rides are good rides. A family friendly Star Wars ride would be popular and a great addition, even for guests who aren't necessarily Star Wars fans.

That said, I would love to see something added to Pixar Place as well as Star Wars. If nothing else, a good family friendly ride in Soundstage 1 would be appreciated and wouldn't impact other expansion plans in the future (i.e. the Backlot Tour/LMA space).

BrianLo

I don't think we are looking at a d ticket here on the scale of pooh's hunny hunt just look at how big the track is

Oh exactly, I am quite confident that it will be a significant step up from Pooh. If it isn't then I would consider that a disappointment.

I just meant to @The Empress Lilly who mentioned it falling closer to Pooh than Antarctica; the scale should really be Mystic Manor to Pooh, with Pooh being on the disappointing end. (Not that Pooh IS disappointing for what it is supposed to be, a fantasyland D ticket, not an anchor E-ticket).

Antarctica would be the unmitigated disaster side of things for what I know Imagineering is capable of with these trackless rides.

Captain Neo

Is Star Wars really only gonna be a spinner, 3D movie, and speeder bike sim/coaster thing? I was really hoping they would do a lavish Indy style e-ticket with actual sets and Audio Animatronics to compliment Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom