Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

SpaceMountain75

Here's a photo that @StarWarsGirl95 posted today.....
View attachment 107194
It looks like this thread is going to go on a bit longer.... :(
angry_baby.jpg

BrerJon

Seriously though, whoever designed these stage needs to be fired. At least cover the metal with Main Street style painted scrims or something - make some kind of effort to keep it in theme. On the one hand Disney appears to have decided theme and detail is important after all, restoring the spires, yet on the other the stage remains which shows the same level of incompetence and ignorance as those behind the BAH did.

Sam Magic

Well...not every part of the company works together so the stage still being there makes sense. Can't wait for October when that is down though....side note...why have they not turned the theater into a stage yet? Like put a stage in the space around the theaters entrance, keeps the classic view but also lets them do shows..Make's more sense to me...and saves money in the long-term.

StarWarsGirl

Problems with the stage:
-too tall, needs to be shorter
-doesn't fit the theming
-in the way of guests trying to reach GMR

If they are going to put the stage there since they do events such as Frozen Summer of Fun and most likely Season of the Force, utilizing the stage as part of the fireworks production, they need something shorter that does not block the view of the Chinese Theater and that fits the theming of the general area.

The design on this stage was, unfortunately, pure laziness on the part of Disney this time around. Looks like something you could rent for an outdoor concert.

Jahona

The design on this stage was, unfortunately, pure laziness on the part of Disney this time around. Looks like something you could rent for an outdoor concert.

That's exactly what this stage is. I think they added support structures for the stage with the hat removal. Hopefully the stage won't be up 365 days each year.

wdwfan4ver

I assume the stage will become the "Season of the Force" stage once the "Frozen Summer" is over?
Not likely due to the amount of time from Frozen summer ending to Season of the Force Starting. Right now, Frozen Summer is supposed to end next month, but Season of the Force is supposed to start early 2016.

I recall DHS having New Year Eve Fireworks and is possible that the stage would be needed for that before the stage gets turned into Season of the Force.

Sage of Time

I just had a horrible thought. What if they COMPLETELY redo the ENTIRE park with the reworking of DHS?? They could conceivably remove the line of sight we have with the theater! :( Yes, I doubt it will happen too, but it is still possible.
I doubt that Hollywood and Sunset are going anywhere.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I doubt that Hollywood and Sunset are going anywhere.
Yeah, they have to figure out a way to keep the park open during the new construction, wouldn't want to lose the entire revenue stream for a couple of years. If they shutdown Hollywood and Sunset, they'd have to find another viable route for all that foot traffic. I don't think it would be that easy with the way everything is laid out....

Cesar R M

Problems with the stage:
-too tall, needs to be shorter
-doesn't fit the theming
-in the way of guests trying to reach GMR

If they are going to put the stage there since they do events such as Frozen Summer of Fun and most likely Season of the Force, utilizing the stage as part of the fireworks production, they need something shorter that does not block the view of the Chinese Theater and that fits the theming of the general area.

it almost feels like Disney executives hate the great movie ride!

G00fyDad

Yeah, they have to figure out a way to keep the park open during the new construction, wouldn't want to lose the entire revenue stream for a couple of years. If they shutdown Hollywood and Sunset, they'd have to find another viable route for all that foot traffic. I don't think it would be that easy with the way everything is laid out....

I wasn't talking about the park shutting down. I was talking about the (extremely) remote idea that they would revamp this area once the other two major areas are complete. I'm sure it will never happen. It was sort of a "knowing Disney's mentality about blocking the theater" sort of thing. ;)

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I wasn't talking about the park shutting down. I was talking about the (extremely) remote idea that they would revamp this area once the other two major areas are complete. I'm sure it will never happen. It was sort of a "knowing Disney's mentality about blocking the theater" sort of thing. ;)
Ah I see. I was just thinking that if they tried to tear up and rework those two main streets that they'd have to figure out how to reroute traffic. But I see your point. Finish the other areas, maybe add a second gate and then do those areas. :)

dgp602

I think this thread either needs a name change or needs to be shut down...Hat is gone, so the purpose of the title and thread itself have gone stale...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom