Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Goofyernmost

Semantics but I agree, I personally would have stated hidden agenda or made it clear if I was trying to make a statement but nobody would know that on a forum lol.
I'm sorry, friend, but the manner that it was presented by you, did indeed imply that there was no genuine belief in his message and that he was just playing into a Disney agenda. Semantics are indeed involved here because part of semantics are how the words are placed in a sentence and how much is left for individual interpretation of those words.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I'm sorry, friend, but the manner that it was presented by you, did indeed imply that there was no genuine belief in his message and that he was just playing into a Disney agenda. Semantics are indeed involved here because part of semantics are how the words are placed in a sentence and how much is left for individual interpretation of those words.

Really, you know what I think on the topic? Please continue to tell me what my thoughts are.

Goofyernmost

Really, you know what I think on the topic? Please continue to tell me what my thoughts are.
I can only determine what your thoughts are by how you write them. I don't know you personally. I only know what you're saying by the way you use the words. If I read them differently then you are thinking them then you haven't communicated enough to make it clear what you are trying to convey. My comment was just to merely point out that how what you expressed did indeed sound like you were saying that the only reason he was backing it was because Disney was pulling his strings. I don't think I am the only one to have read it that way, so there is no need to be snarky about it. If you want people to know how you actually feel, say it in a way that is clear.

Last edited:

Monoblanco13

The blackbox theater they're building next to RnRC is simple, but still a serious investment. It's going to be VERY versatile, with dressing rooms, a green room, a loading dock, a large "exhibit hall", and large public restrooms. It will have a lot of power, including generator backup power, and lots of telecom interconnection. It could also be used for live TV broadcast. It will sit behind a big set of gates, so it won't always be accessible to guests. It's an interesting project that lends itself to replacing many temporary presentation spaces in the park.

Is there a separate thread on this to view progress?

Biff215

Perhaps someone should tell the Disney Insider that they recently plopped down a huge stage exactly where they are suggesting guests watch fireworks from:

Center Stage: If you prefer to be front and center for your fireworks, then the area right in front of the Grauman’s Chinese Theater, called Center Stage, is your best bet. Historically, this was where the giant Sorcerer Mickey hat used to be. These days this spot is the prime location to see all of the effects of the Frozen fireworks, anchored by the beautiful replica of the Chinese Theater (home to Disney’s Hollywood Studios staple the Great Movie Ride).

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/201...atural|disney-insider|2015-05-18|insider|box3

RSoxNo1

It being agenda has nothing to do with being correct or not. I agree vaccines are good and should be given but at the time Disney was facing a PR nightmare (the debate was spurred by Measels in Disneyland) and Kimmel was used to spread that knowledge to those not informed. Having agenda is simply having a reason behind why you do something.

Telling someone even the most indisputable facts could be agenda driven if it were to serve me a purpose, say quelling fear (right or wrong that's still what it is). I don't disagree one bit with them wanting to get that message out but I most certainly can point to it as an instance where he did something beneficial for the larger company.
Kimmel was on the side of logic, not Disney. This isn't a political issue, it's a health issue. I have never seen a solid argument for people to not get vaccinated. If you can prove an actual connection where someone from Disney told Kimmel to do a 5 minute piece, then post it. Otherwise, he's just siding with the majority opinion on the subject.

brb1006

I love seeing the original look of Hollywood Studios. But it's going to take a while for me to get used to not seeing the hat anymore. My guidance counselor (Who was my guide for my Senior Trip to WDW last month) loved it, but I explained why its gone. He told me he hated the idea that it's demolished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom