Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I don't realize vaccines were an "agenda." Here I thought they were sound medical advice from professionals with years of experience. My bad.

It being agenda has nothing to do with being correct or not. I agree vaccines are good and should be given but at the time Disney was facing a PR nightmare (the debate was spurred by Measels in Disneyland) and Kimmel was used to spread that knowledge to those not informed. Having agenda is simply having a reason behind why you do something.

Telling someone even the most indisputable facts could be agenda driven if it were to serve me a purpose, say quelling fear (right or wrong that's still what it is). I don't disagree one bit with them wanting to get that message out but I most certainly can point to it as an instance where he did something beneficial for the larger company.

ToTBellHop

It being agenda has nothing to do with being correct or not. I agree vaccines are good and should be given but at the time Disney was facing a PR nightmare (the debate was spurred by Measels in Disneyland) and Kimmel was used to spread that knowledge to those not informed. Having agenda is simply having a reason behind why you do something.

Telling someone even the most indisputable facts could be agenda driven if it were to serve me a purpose, say quelling fear (right or wrong that's still what it is). I don't disagree one bit with them wanting to get that message out but I most certainly can point to it as an instance where he did something beneficial for the larger company.
Technically, yes. But "agenda" has developed a negative connotation over the last decade. What used to be called a "hidden agenda" is now just an "agenda." I would argue Disney's push against measles was more a decision with purpose.

cosmicray

Yikes... really?
tumblr_lfmxdy3mnq1qersu1.jpg

ToTBellHop

And on merchandise it's the Earful Tower. It's all over the SWW items. The marketing team has one idea and My Disney Experience has another.. :banghead:
Indeed. ToT is more identifiable but it's theme is not really central to the park. As many have said for years, the water tower's problem is its location.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Technically, yes. But "agenda" has developed a negative connotation over the last decade. What used to be called a "hidden agenda" is now just an "agenda." I would argue Disney's push against measles was more a decision with purpose.

Semantics but I agree, I personally would have stated hidden agenda or made it clear if I was trying to make a statement but nobody would know that on a forum lol.

Goofyernmost

Kimmel is a lot of things, many less then wonderful, but, one thing that I don't think he ever will be is somebodies puppet. He has walked the edge for many years, I don't see him changing at this point. He just might, (gasp), really believe what he was saying about vaccination. It just happened to be the same side as Disney. It does happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom