Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

jdmdisney99

Which, if we're being honest, was always better loved for nostalgic rather than aesthetic reasons.
I'd say a bit of both. I know a lot of people who never visited the Poly as kids or way back when, yet they still loved the feel of it. The sound of running water is known to be a soothing sound, and it actually makes the Poly feel like it's part of Hawaii, and not some knockoff, tiki-decorated Holiday Inn.

Grand Hyatt KAUAI...
filename-lobby1-jpg-thumbnail0.jpg

Old Poly
fountain-poly-lobby-andy-e1404745995264.jpg

And, while we're doing picture comparisons...

Chinese Theater Pre-Hat
71112-800-jpg.87302

Chinese Theater Post Hat (as of 3/18/2015)
image-jpg.87241

BrerJon

The dug pit as of 3/16

Dig a deep pit in Florida and a whole lotta swamp water's gonna come right out.

In other BAH news, did anyone else notice the promo for Frozen Summer talks about the Event Stage, capitalised. They probably just mean the temporary one like last year, but could it be that the Event Stage is the official name for whatever is going in the BAH's spot?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Which, if we're being honest, was always better loved for nostalgic rather than aesthetic reasons.
Not to mention the gigantic production of mold and mildew. That will be missed... but it was pretty. All sarcasm and joking aside. It was a great fountain, but, not a great internal fountain. Outdoors it would have been great, just not indoors in my opinion.

Cesar R M

Dig a deep pit in Florida and a whole lotta swamp water's gonna come right out.

In other BAH news, did anyone else notice the promo for Frozen Summer talks about the Event Stage, capitalised. They probably just mean the temporary one like last year, but could it be that the Event Stage is the official name for whatever is going in the BAH's spot?
I hope not.. D:

Goofyernmost

Went to HS today. There are still there.
Seriously, one can keep asking that question over and over and it isn't going to change the reality of the project and how long it will take to complete it. Just the nature of this topic, however, will make it an absolute that as soon as they are down it will be reported by someone almost immediately. Wanting it to happen faster will not make it so. Relax everyone.

Tom

Beta Return
Not to mention the gigantic production of mold and mildew. That will be missed... but it was pretty. All sarcasm and joking aside. It was a great fountain, but, not a great internal fountain. Outdoors it would have been great, just not indoors in my opinion.

The guy who designed and built the original outdoor water features was asked to help Disney come up with something at the last minute for the lobby. He tried to talk them out of the water part of it, and was surprised it lasted longer than a few years after he saw how they built it. He knew mold and mildew would be an issue from Day 1....and that it would be a maintenance nightmare indoors.

Coaster3001

I asked on the Disney Parks Blog about what the stage configuration would be for Star Wars Weekends and Frozen Summer Fun and here is the response I got. "Although there will be some adjustments to the stage due to the new configuration in that area of the park, a temporary performance space will be used for both Star Wars Weekends and Frozen Summer Fun, as it has for previous special events."

halltd

"Although there will be some adjustments to the stage due to the new configuration in that area of the park, a temporary performance space will be used for both Star Wars Weekends and Frozen Summer Fun, as it has for previous special events."
Meaning the big nasty stage? :cry: At least they used the word temporary.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I asked on the Disney Parks Blog about what the stage configuration would be for Star Wars Weekends and Frozen Summer Fun and here is the response I got. "Although there will be some adjustments to the stage due to the new configuration in that area of the park, a temporary performance space will be used for both Star Wars Weekends and Frozen Summer Fun, as it has for previous special events."

Wow! Rhetoric 101

Goofyernmost

Meaning the big nasty stage? :cry: At least they used the word temporary.
Meaning they don't have a clue. Disney, outwardly, has already admitted that the area will be called Center Stage. Other then that no plans have been officially released. Disney Parks Blog is not going to know the details anymore then I do and I'm just guessing... too!

Coaster3001

Meaning they don't have a clue. Disney, outwardly, has already admitted that the area will be called Center Stage. Other then that no plans have been officially released. Disney Parks Blog is not going to know the details anymore then I do and I'm just guessing... too!
Except they simply wouldn't have commented if they didn't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom