Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

DisneyGentleman

They've cleaned up the ring into nice little segments, all ready for the torch. Notice the cuts in the upper gutter, and the paint cleaned off the ring. Let the slicing begin!

If you look around the edge of the circular ridge that is left you will notice some notches along the top. I would say that is where they will cut out the sections. The last pieces should be the ones that are directly resting on the three remaining posts (legs). Small sections probably about the same size as the pieces that are bolted together that are very visible.

Interesting post from the guy who complains about folks repeating comments from several pages back...

MissM

Highly doubt it...As you can see in the all new Star Wars weekends poster...Earffile Tower is the Icon...
SWW2015_MerchandisePoster.jpeg

Why so highly doubtful? It has been changed to ToT. It's easy enough to check yourself:

Screenshot_2015-02-21-11-07-22.png

Just took this screenshot myself. Plus, someone else posted their own screenshot earlier in the thread too.

note2001

Why so highly doubtful? It has been changed to ToT. It's easy enough to check yourself:

Just took this screenshot myself. Plus, someone else posted their own screenshot earlier in the thread too.

I think we're thinking over this icon thing too hard here. It really doesn't mean anything other than it gives a thumbnail or image to where one is headed to help navigate, be it software or guide maps. I wonder who gets to choose these things. In some companies the programmer themselves sees the opportunity to influence the design (hey, no one told me what icon to use...) But you'd think in Disney it would be marketing's choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see this change to a rough outline of the Theater there once the demolition and construction of the new stage is done.

Last edited:

MissM

I think we're thinking on this icon thing to hard here. It really doesn't mean anything other than it gives a thumbnail or image to where one is headed to help navigate, be it software or guide maps. I wonder who gets to choose these things. In some companies the programmer themselves sees the opportunity to influence the design (hey, no one told me what icon to use...) But you'd think in Disney it would be marketing's choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see this change to a rough outline of the Theater there once the demolition and construction of the new stage is done.
I'm in no way saying they are officially changing the park icon to ToT, but they are certainly using it in some situations as a replacement for the hat including within the app.

Father Robinson

I don't use Twitter or Instagram and I know a lot of the recent pictures of the progress has come from them. Anyone found anything on the progress from last night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom