Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

articos

Please don't make statements like that without some explanation. Without some sort of reasoning, it is meaningless.
I second that...
Lol, well then, would you care to explain?
I've addressed this a bunch of times in this thread. The deal with TCM had nothing to do with the hat's removal. The TCM deal came about because one of TCM's execs had a assistant who happened to be in the park, rode GMR, put 2+2 together, and happened to mention it to her boss. Turner and Disney have an existing relationship within other divisions, so this was a deal that came together quickly and easily, but it's completely separate from the work being done on the Hat. The removal has been in the works for months now, with the initial planning over a year ago, and discussions about removal going several years back. A long time before TCM was in the picture.

Sorry I'm short sometimes, but a lot of the time I can't give any details other than yes/no at that moment.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Not taking a shot at you, just heading off what seems to be people making the assumption the construction will be wrapping up imminently. There's months to go. You said "the majority of hub work will be completed by the end of the month" and people can easily construe that to mean the project will be wrapping up soon after, when it won't.

Sorry you have deal with the mess of that area every day.
someone said that the walls came down from a big area of the hub (aka landscapping done)
I suppose its the area where I took photos.
I will confirm you all this 15th.
as for the hat..

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG
wand gone!
DSC_0163.JPG
DSC_0172.JPG

seems the yellow spiral is next. it had orange marks everywhere.

AndyS2992

I've addressed this a bunch of times in this thread. The deal with TCM had nothing to do with the hat's removal. The TCM deal came about because one of TCM's execs had a assistant who happened to be in the park, rode GMR, put 2+2 together, and happened to mention it to her boss. Turner and Disney have an existing relationship within other divisions, so this was a deal that came together quickly and easily, but it's completely separate from the work being done on the Hat. The removal has been in the works for months now, with the initial planning over a year ago, and discussions about removal going several years back. A long time before TCM was in the picture.

Sorry I'm short sometimes, but a lot of the time I can't give any details other than yes/no at that moment.
Thanks for the details. :)

Although I can only assume the real reason is point 2 of my original post, hence the silence on the subject. No?

cosmicray

Cesar R M

Thanks for the update...Love the photos :)
no problem, had 1 hopper pack ticket to waste after going out from my convention.
and AK was already closed.. so fantasmic it was!

on good news is, they finally fixed the carp reflective caption panel.
it was borked on the first time I went to WDW on 2013.

speaking of annoyances.. there wants a single sit down restaurant with open spots.. they were full to the seams. with reservations to the max.

yet the park didnt look very busy.
they really need to add more decent restaurants. the quick food are..well..not so good and some close early.

articos

Thanks for the details. :)

Although I can only assume the real reason is point 2 of my original post, hence the silence on the subject. No?
Disney hasn't announced whether there are plans in the works for DHS, so I can't confirm or deny anything regarding your second point. The BAH was supposed to be a temporary installation, and outlasted its expected lifespan by 13.5 years. There were many who loved the hat and many who hated it. When/if plans are announced for the future of DHS, I'm sure things will make sense.:)

cosmicray

no problem, had 1 hopper pack ticket to waste after going out from my convention.

speaking of annoyances.. there wants a single sit down restaurant with open spots.. they were full to the seams. with reservations to the max.

they really need to add more decent restaurants. the quick food are..well..not so good and some close early.
Haven't seen Fantasmic in 11 years (my first trip to MGM)....Even though I've been to DHS many times since then, I never manage to catch the show...Definitely have to next time :D

Cesar R M

Haven't seen Fantasmic in 11 years (my first trip to MGM)....Even though I've been to DHS many times since then, I never manage to catch the show...Definitely have to next time :D
you better get dinner package btw.. because 90% of the entire theatre is either for dinner package or fastpass.
normal standby usually only get the corners of the theatre

erclvrb18

no problem at all hehe I was just being funny anyways

JohnD

Seems no one actually said why it was being removed so allow me :p

There are two contributing factors:
1. The hat is being removed because TCM just sponsored the ride directly behind the hat and in order to gain maximum marketability, visibility and advertising, I can only imagine they requested the hat to be removed to increase rider numbers since the ride is rather hidden behind it and lots of people miss it.

2. The park is supposedly going to get a huge makeover and expansion in the coming years and the hat will not fit with the themeing of the park's new identity and so are removing it for that purpose. I'm sure Disney also knows how much people dislike it and so thought now was a great opportunity to take it down given these developments.

3. Removing the BAH automatically creates a hub expansion. cf. MK hub expansion project and recently completed expansion in AK

Monorail_Red_77

I agree about the QS Restaurants. I remember the first time I went to the Studios. Most of the QS spots were closing around 5pm and even the food carts. Being used to EPCOT and MK. I was like what the heck is going on around here. We had to go back to MK to eat. Since then we make sure to go earlier in the afternoon. That is when, we go to DHS. Don't get me started about our last visit in January to DHS. Three words. Backlot Express... Barf!

Goofyernmost

Ok, I can accept that and even understand the tediousness of repeating things over and over again. However, everyone of us tends to think that everything we post is permanently branded in the brains of others. Some sort of "I have spoken" type of syndrome. There is no need to go completely into detail, but, a simple. "That is not true, I have said before, in this post that other reasons existed." Still doesn't necessarily make the statement true, but, at least doesn't attempt to make the other person feel like an idiot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom