Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Sam Magic

No new progress, but I like the picture:

B9z3gXMIEAAXUU1.jpg
"Cause I'm almost there!, I'm almost there! That old hat's coming down and we're almost there!"

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry you feel like I'm coming off arrogant or condescending. I really try very hard not to, knowing it's just words on a screen. That's also why I use "Nope!" or "Not the case" with smiley's instead of just saying simply "No" or "Wrong". I will try to add more context when I can. And I have absolutely no desire for fanbois or fanboys or any other type of fan. There are a few people on here whom I very much enjoy reading, and would consider friends - but not fans.

Regarding the second point to what you're saying, you're right, it doesn't make a difference whether someone thinks TCM forced the issue. You're also right, it's a bit tedious to have to say the same thing many times. I try to keep in mind people may be coming in in the middle of a conversation. One of the main reasons why I come on here is to try to give some background and insight into how and why decisions are made from the point of view of the people making the decisions, and why things happen - or don't - and/or why things may or may not make sense. Or take forever. Everyone has an opinion, but much of the time they're guessing. The internet makes it very easy to go from a wild guess or rumor to fact. I would rather people know the facts or, if I don't know the facts, an informed guess from decades in this industry, as opposed to perpetuating a rumor, and I think that's one of the reasons for people to come to forums like this. As far as how I might be in a position to know, I have simply to rely on my track record. In this case, the fact that TCM was involved in the decision was started here as a "I wonder if" which I said no to and explained why, but then it took on a life of its own. I've seen other sites then start to repeat TCM as a factor and they simply weren't. That's why it matters to me. And yes, some are going to believe me, others aren't, but at least I tried.

If I said who I was and what I do and where, I wouldn't be able to post here - even with my rule of not leaking before something it's announced, I skirt the line a lot and entertainment companies have a hard line on things like this. I think people like to know a little more on how the soup is made, the companies I work for would like to consider everything 'magical'. It would affect my livelihood and I don't want to take that risk. A few years down the road when I'm no longer in the position I'm in, then maybe I'll be more open.

Sorry to derail the thread...
Don't want to know who you are or what you do. Just some nondescript reason for the response. I fully appreciate that there is a lot of information that cannot be let out without possibly risking the career of some. It's just that when the actual information is not publishable, it is much better to just let the incorrect information be ignored then to just say no. It really has no meaning if not backed up by the actual facts. I don't want to force you to give out information that will cause you trouble, but, since it might and nothing is accomplished by just giving out one or two word answers isn't it just better to not say anything. Telling someone that they are wrong is fine as long as you can correct them. If you can't, for whatever reason, it is much better to not comment at all.

Goofyernmost

Please, please, please continue to post your insight! You are always concise and demonstrate a wide knowledge of behind the scenes action that I wouldn't get any where else. You are one of my favorite posters...right up there with @danlb_2000.
I absolutely agree. When one can add factual information to a topic one should continue to do so. I like reading about it myself. When that isn't possible, it is better to just not say anything at all. That's all I'm saying. I am in no way trying to downplay the information that is provided, just participate when the knowledge one has can be shared. Otherwise, it really doesn't amount to anything.

The particular topic that I have been referring too is a posters thought that TCM might have been behind the decision to remove the hat. It is a plausible explanation and a logical one. If the real reason cannot be discussed, then the only thing we have to go on is what has been presented. "Not true" is not a plausible explanation no matter how true it might be.

But we have gone on with this far more then we should already, so I have said what I feel. Others may feel differently, usually because they might know the poster or know the reasons already. Fine! But, they are not the only ones reading these threads. As for me, I have no idea what pushed the decision. All I know is that I am extremely happy that it is happening. Hooray, for what or whomever is the driving force behind it. :)

Cesar R M

I agree about the QS Restaurants. I remember the first time I went to the Studios. Most of the QS spots were closing around 5pm and even the food carts. Being used to EPCOT and MK. I was like what the heck is going on around here. We had to go back to MK to eat. Since then we make sure to go earlier in the afternoon. That is when, we go to DHS. Don't get me started about our last visit in January to DHS. Three words. Backlot Express... Barf!
I think they expect most people to eat early and then head to fantasmic. after fantasmic, they expect people to leave

lazyboy97o

Don't want to know who you are or what you do. Just some nondescript reason for the response. I fully appreciate that there is a lot of information that cannot be let out without possibly risking the career of some. It's just that when the actual information is not publishable, it is much better to just let the incorrect information be ignored then to just say no. It really has no meaning if not backed up by the actual facts. I don't want to force you to give out information that will cause you trouble, but, since it might and nothing is accomplished by just giving out one or two word answers isn't it just better to not say anything. Telling someone that they are wrong is fine as long as you can correct them. If you can't, for whatever reason, it is much better to not comment at all.
He posted the full explanation several times and it's not his fault if it's just going to be repeatedly ignored.

John

I absolutely agree. When one can add factual information to a topic one should continue to do so. I like reading about it myself. When that isn't possible, it is better to just not say anything at all. That's all I'm saying. I am in no way trying to downplay the information that is provided, just participate when the knowledge one has can be shared. Otherwise, it really doesn't amount to anything.

The particular topic that I have been referring too is a posters thought that TCM might have been behind the decision to remove the hat. It is a plausible explanation and a logical one. If the real reason cannot be discussed, then the only thing we have to go on is what has been presented. "Not true" is not a plausible explanation no matter how true it might be.

But we have gone on with this far more then we should already, so I have said what I feel. Others may feel differently, usually because they might know the poster or know the reasons already. Fine! But, they are not the only ones reading these threads. As for me, I have no idea what pushed the decision. All I know is that I am extremely happy that it is happening. Hooray, for what or whomever is the driving force behind it. :)

Come on, you have been around here long enough....if this post was from someone who was new I could understand. But he has a track record. I think he has built a good enough reputation and most of us know that he cant divulge every little detail. I know it maybe hard for you to take a one word answer as gospel but as an avid reader of his post.....I will take it fully knowing the reasons why he is giving the answer.

I mean seriously how much information would we get if we demanded everyone to post a source and where they received the information from.....some of this seems to be just common sense.

No one is saying to believe every word blindly, don't we take every thing said here with a grain of salt? Is it a hobby of yours to be a contrarian?

Goofyernmost

Come on, you have been around here long enough....if this post was from someone who was new I could understand. But he has a track record. I think he has built a good enough reputation and most of us know that he cant divulge every little detail. I know it maybe hard for you to take a one word answer as gospel but as an avid reader of his post.....I will take it fully knowing the reasons why he is giving the answer.

I mean seriously how much information would we get if we demanded everyone to post a source and where they received the information from.....some of this seems to be just common sense.

No one is saying to believe every word blindly, don't we take every thing said here with a grain of salt? Is it a hobby of yours to be a contrarian?
I am sort of a contrarian, as you put it, but only when I see rude, degrading and egotistical responses. I am not here to support those ego, but, if I am going to spend time reading these things I would want helpful responses and something other then I know it all, so just listen responses. That's the c rap I do not accept and will be vocal about it. I may have that knowledge, however, if it was explained before I either forget it or missed it and was unaware of it being answered before or that there was any other reason other then the TCM influence. But, I really didn't care, personally, it was the person that made the statement that was dismissed by the words, "Not True". That's what concerns me.

Someone mentioned that there were 80,000 members on this board. They would all know the answer according to you and would just be satisfied by that response because of who said it. That is pure bull. If a person wants to be a spokesperson for something like this, then they must explain themselves whenever the question arises. That how life works on discussion boards. If one wants credibility, then be able to communicate the same message quite often. Otherwise, the credibility is only with a few minor players that have inside information. Again this is off topic and no longer of any concern of mine.. so let's end it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom