Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Nubs70

I've never liked that the hat doesn't completely block the theatre. If they really thought they needed a new icon, they could have at least made it look more professionally placed. Also, the juxtaposition of those two photos makes me think the palm trees have gotten too tall. I hesitate to recommend the removal of trees from the parks due to sometimes unsatisfactory replacements, but the palm trees are throwing off scale (along with the nonsensical hat).

Having read about this problem for years, finally a side by side photo. That hat needs to go. Forget refurbs, new attractions. Priority #1 needs to be the elimination of that God forsaken eyesore.

midwest_mice

Having read about this problem for years, finally a side by side photo. That hat needs to go. Forget refurbs, new attractions. Priority #1 needs to be the elimination of that God forsaken eyesore.
I agree with this being an eyesore. You don't quite get a good view of the chinese theatre and that view of the theatre ties in good with the other buildings as you enter the park.
They could relocate the hat to one of the resorts if they insists on keeping it.

Lexxweb

It would then be visible from World Showcase and be incredibly visible as it sat between the Morocco Pavilion and the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

It doesn't have to be the same hat, it could be a smaller hat. I just think if DHS wants the Mickey Hat in some fashion that'd be a more appropriate way to do it.

lazyboy97o

It doesn't have to be the same hat, it could be a smaller hat. I just think if DHS wants the Mickey Hat in some fashion that'd be a more appropriate way to do it.
That is true. There just seems to be an obsession amongst many where the BAH needs to be saved and repurposed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Me too! And I like it right where it is.

If all these Hollywood purists really want the Mann Theatre to be the authentic center of DHS, then Disney will need to add some homeless guys laying around with brown paper bags in their hands. If you want it authentic.
Don't forget the TV Guide skyscraper right in front of it to further block your view.

Mouseketeer #1

I never understood everyones whining about the hat. The park needs an icon. I like it. I think it looks great especially at night.

I agree. People claim that the Chinese Theater is the icon, but it's too unoriginal. The real one still exists in Hollywood! If I want to see it, I'll go to Hollywood. The Carthay Circle in DCA is different because the original no longer exists. I came to Disney to see some Mickey Mouse and Disney magic, not a recreation of something that already exists.

BryceM

I agree. People claim that the Chinese Theater is the icon, but it's too unoriginal. The real one still exists in Hollywood! If I want to see it, I'll go to Hollywood. The Carthay Circle in DCA is different because the original no longer exists. I came to Disney to see some Mickey Mouse and Disney magic, not a recreation of something that already exists.
But Disney's Hollywood Studios is a labeled as a "Hollywood that never was - and always will be". Half of the park is revolved around classic Hollywood, and The Chinese Theater seems to be the perfect park icon because it seamlessly ties together two ideas of the park - the movies and classic Hollywood.

lazyboy97o

Much of Disney is recreations of something that already exists.

G00fyDad

If all these Hollywood purists really want the Mann Theatre to be the authentic center of DHS, then Disney will need to add some homeless guys laying around with brown paper bags in their hands. If you want it authentic.

Read the posts a little more. Not all of us want the theater as the icon. I would like to have the water tower moved and made into the icon.

TestTrack Dummy

The people that perfer that giant hat haven't seen how amazing it is to look and and the the chinese theatre and the end of the street. It captures the feeling of Hollywood a lot more then that hat. It looked elegant in a way, i just don't get that feeling with the hat.

J03Y

i'm not a Hollywood purist and i just want the hat gone because it adds nothing to the overall theme of the park. the theater is the only real plausible option to capture what the park is supposed to be: a wait for it... Hollywood...studio.

J03Y

People need to realize that hat isn't going anywhere to much money to tear down or move and not worth it.

so just because "it's not going anywhere" means we have to just change our opinions about the hat? no screw you i hate the hat and i want it gone.

now, i came to terms with the fact that it's not leaving any time in the next decade. that doesn't make my personal feelings about it go away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom