Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Seeing as Pixar's films are now all branded as Disney-Pixar, I think such a name would imply being more specifically about Disney-Pixar (Pixar).

Yeah part of the acquisition they agreed to list all releases as Disney-Pixar and the Pixar name to stay. I noticed most if not all Pixar themed rides have a smaller sign reading from Disney-Pixar's 'insert movie title'... Perhaps that was part of it as well or just for rides pre acquisition.

Just always thought it was weird because we are in Disney after all so I know the movie and its ownership. Lol

HMF

And if the rumors circulated in these forums are true, there's a lot of Pixar coming to the parks soon...
I think the way forward would be to theme the areas of the park to the different divisions of the Disney Studios Animation Courtyard becomes Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Place becomes Pixar Studios, Mupppet Vision and surrounding area (Streets of America) becomes Muppet Studios, and Star Tours Indiana Jones, Echo Lake area becomes Lucasfilm studios.

The Duck

Since the park hasn't been a working studio for some time now, they might as well drop "Studio" from the title. Maybe they should focus on the legendary Hollywood instead and rename it, "Disney's Hollywood". After all, Michael Eisner introduced the park as, "...a Hollywood that never was—and always will be".

SirLink

I think the way forward would be to theme the areas of the park to the different divisions of the Disney Studios Animation Courtyard becomes Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Place becomes Pixar Studios, Mupppet Vision and surrounding area (Streets of America) becomes Muppet Studios, and Star Tours Indiana Jones, Echo Lake area becomes Lucasfilm studios.

...what about Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard and some of the stuff situated on those streets that has no place...

I say we call it Disney's Franchise Heaven Kingdom Park and be done ...

stevehousse

I have always said this needs to happen. It helps unify the park as you are visiting various studios. The front of the park should be rethemed as the carathy area like dca!

I do believe that each "studio" needs refurbishing, and it would be easy for them to close one studio at a time to do this.

Each area of the park needs a new ride, and I think that family rides need to be added to each studio, and 1 thrill ride and 1 family ride for the Lucas area. I will probably get a lot of flack for suggesting this, but I think they should gut little mermaid and replace it with a jake and the neverland pirates ride! Peter Pan is one of the most popular attractions at MK, and DHS is in need of a good kiddie dark ride.

SirLink

Those can stay the same.

It is supposed to be a the golden age of Hollywood though, we have an open stage, a BAH, a coaster which I don't understand why it is there and a lagoon...but especially on Sunset boulevard ... how about going back to the original plans to free up space in the back of the park...

Disneyhead'71

I simply like this:

Before%2BHat.jpg

Better than this:

P01-002.JPG

menamechris

I have a hard time believing they will do another name change. Nothing says "This park is in trouble" like a 2nd name change in a few years. I think corporate will try to revamp the park's image and theme through "expansion", which is viewed as positive, as opposed to a "redo". Disney knows and admitted they failed horribly with DCA. They won't admit that a second time...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I have a hard time believing they will do another name change. Nothing says "This park is in trouble" like a 2nd name change in a few years. I think corporate will try to revamp the park's image and theme through "expansion", which is viewed as positive, as opposed to a "redo". Disney knows and admitted they failed horribly with DCA. They won't admit that a second time...

I wouldn't say DHS was a failure like that but rather one that was let grow old. They need to give it some new blood and TLC.

wdwfan22

The park is not a failure by any means and has never had trouble pulling in guests. As was said above the park has been allowed too grow stale and just needs some TLC to add new life to an old favorite.

menamechris

The park is not a failure by any means and has never had trouble pulling in guests. As was said above the park has been allowed too grow stale and just needs some TLC to add new life to an old favorite.

While I respect your opinion, I think you are giving the park a little too much credit. The park was underbuilt to begin with - with the anticipation that expansion would be an ongoing process. We have received a few haphazardly placed attractions through its almost quarter-century existence, but never what was intended or what it deserved. Regardless, as a stand alone park, I think it would fail miserably. Guests go there because of the way they vacation in Orlando. It's part of a "package deal". The tourist logic is - Why not go when you have essentially already paid for it? With that said, I celebrate the pockets of Imagineering genius in the park (i.e. Tower of Terror), but that has never spilt out into the rest of the park, in my opinion.

GiveMeTheMusic

Bet you anything the name change is from "Disney's Hollywood Studios" to "Disney Hollywood Studios", in keeping with current nomenclature practices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom