Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

lazyboy97o

Bet you anything the name change is from "Disney's Hollywood Studios" to "Disney Hollywood Studios", in keeping with current nomenclature practices.
But would Disney do it as part of a sort of rebranding like they did in California? It'd be odd to have Disney Hollywood Studios but still have Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Contemporary Resort, and everything else with the "Disney's" added on at Walt Disney World. I think part of the reason this branding has yet to make its way to Florida is because the silly naming convention is so widely applied. Changing everything will be costly and doing it all at once will look silly if its sort of "just because."

GiveMeTheMusic

With the current leadership, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they renamed DHS thusly and left everything else the same, because of the massive cost involved in renaming everything at once.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
But would Disney do it as part of a sort of rebranding like they did in California? It'd be odd to have Disney Hollywood Studios but still have Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Contemporary Resort, and everything else with the "Disney's" added on at Walt Disney World. I think part of the reason this branding has yet to make its way to Florida is because the silly naming convention is so widely applied. Changing everything will be costly and doing it all at once will look silly if its sort of "just because."

True but I have seen more asinine maneuvers done before by other companies. Someone convinces someone with power that the marketing prowess in this slight change in name is better long term. Branding is a fallacy... at least in cases like this. Suits think these things help marketing but come on now... do they really? LOL

However I could honestly see the name being changed to Disney Hollywood Adventure or Disney Movies Adventure Park. The logo would likely utilize the yellow Walt cartoon type font found in the DCA logo (which I actually really love).

threeyoda

Bet you anything the name change is from "Disney's Hollywood Studios" to "Disney Hollywood Studios", in keeping with current nomenclature practices.

But AoA is Disney's Art of Animation, which just makes it more confusing.

Disney's+Art+Of+Animation+Entrance+Sign.JPG

ToTBellHop

I simply like this:

Before%2BHat.jpg

Better than this:

P01-002.JPG
I've never liked that the hat doesn't completely block the theatre. If they really thought they needed a new icon, they could have at least made it look more professionally placed. Also, the juxtaposition of those two photos makes me think the palm trees have gotten too tall. I hesitate to recommend the removal of trees from the parks due to sometimes unsatisfactory replacements, but the palm trees are throwing off scale (along with the nonsensical hat).

BigThunderMatt

Those can stay the same.

Agreed. Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard are both real streets. And even if, geographically, none of them are actually located anywhere near the respective studios, since they are all part of "Hollywood" in the eyes of general public, it would make a lot more sense than it does right now with the convoluted mess that they have.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I've never liked that the hat doesn't completely block the theatre. If they really thought they needed a new icon, they could have at least made it look more professionally placed. Also, the juxtaposition of those two photos makes me think the palm trees have gotten too tall. I hesitate to recommend the removal of trees from the parks due to sometimes unsatisfactory replacements, but the palm trees are throwing off scale (along with the nonsensical hat).

Good point on the palm trees. I could see the hat being removed and a small statue taking its place. Perhaps a really professional bronze statue bringing together a blend of the lands (Lucasfilm, Pixar, Disney). Then a renaming of the park to something along the lines of Disney Movies Adventure or Disney Hollywood Adventure, along with an expansion of Pixar and Lucasfilm/Muppets. The entrance would remain thematically the same with the restored Chinese Theater at street end. Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd would serve as the golden era Hollywood part and the surrounding sections would be the studios of Hollywood.

To me, one of the reasons why DHS doesn't work thematically is because for some reason they abandoned the hub and spoke model that has been so tried and true. The sections were haphazardly named and placed with no real thought behind it.

muteki

Good point on the palm trees. I could see the hat being removed and a small statue taking its place. Perhaps a really professional bronze statue bringing together a blend of the lands (Lucasfilm, Pixar, Disney). Then a renaming of the park to something along the lines of Disney Movies Adventure or Disney Hollywood Adventure, along with an expansion of Pixar and Lucasfilm/Muppets. The entrance would remain thematically the same with the restored Chinese Theater at street end. Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd would serve as the golden era Hollywood part and the surrounding sections would be the studios of Hollywood.

The pictures are a bit misleading, as they are taken at different distances down the street. I am sure they have grown a bit, but if you look at the closest ones in the pre-hat photo, they extend beyond the frame as well. It isn't really apples -> apples.

Nmoody1

I like the hat.... Just not where it is! It would be nice if it sat outside the park where they place the Xmas tree.

Empress Room

I like the hat.... Just not where it is! It would be nice if it sat outside the park where they place the Xmas tree.

Yes, and as you may recall, the Christmas tree could then be moved back to where it originally was - where the hat now sits! The tree used to look beautiful in front of the theatre and an excellent Christmas train and village used to surround it (not unlike the trains at Epcot's Germany pavilion).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom