Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

NYwdwfan

Well, I'll be posting to my site's Instragram account (ExtinctDisneyOfficial) if you are interested and then you can be tasked with sharing them here! LOL!

I'm not on Instagram (or Facebook for that matters) - Twitter's about my limit in the social media arena. Someone else is going to need to take care of this!! :D

ABQ

Can't tell from today's pick, but on the photos Steve posted on the front page from a couple days back, there were still lighting systems and rigging in place inside the hat's brim. Could be those were removed last night, or nothing at all happened due to weather as was already hypothesized?

Cesar R M

confirmed, new hat will be 101 stories tall, even beating the Burj Khalifa in cheer size.
Tr0HN7u.jpg

ExtinctJenn

Ooh, the lack of a crowd in that photo combined with the partial destruction of the hat makes for a creepy, abandoned look.
Agreed. What I noticed from that shot, that I hadn't paid much attention to in the prior ones, is that the wall around the hat creates an illusion that the Blvd. ends there with no way around it. I don't think I ever realized just how wide the BAH really was at it's base.

BrerJon

Agreed. What I noticed from that shot, that I hadn't paid much attention to in the prior ones, is that the wall around the hat creates an illusion that the Blvd. ends there with no way around it. I don't think I ever realized just how wide the BAH really was at it's base.

There's some nice imagineering going on here, that illustrates what a travesty the hat was.

The main section of the Chinese Theatre is deliberately set back from the side pillars to draw the eye in, and the width between them is *exactly* the width of Hollywood Boulevard, giving a sense of depth and the street continuing into the magical movie world.

Along comes the BAH, however, with a base *wider* than Hollywood Boulevard, and the sense of perspective and the street continuing is completely lost - everything looks fatter and flatter, and the illusion is destroyed.

DocMcHulk

I haven't been on here much lately and i dont have time to read back through all these pages. I know there were rumors that the hat would be moving somewhere else. What's the latest on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom