Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

righttrack

I've given this some thought. If Aerosmith comes out, and I hope they don't, I wouldn't want to see them shoehorn in another band in there, or worse yet, go generic and just have it play music. I'd rather they completely build a new story. GotG is a great Marvel property. It's got everything a classic Disney story would have, child alone in the world/deceased parent(s), conflict, building friendships in strange places with diverse people, battling a common enemy and uniting those around him/her.

lightningtap347

I've given this some thought. If Aerosmith comes out, and I hope they don't, I wouldn't want to see them shoehorn in another band in there, or worse yet, go generic and just have it play music. I'd rather they completely build a new story. GotG is a great Marvel property. It's got everything a classic Disney story would have, child alone in the world/deceased parent(s), conflict, building friendships in strange places with diverse people, battling a common enemy and uniting those around him/her.
Foo Fighters. Bam. Easiest retheme of all time?

Walt_Disney

If they were to replace Aerosmith with another band, I'd suggest Foo Fighters. Large catalog of recognizable, family friendly songs (comparatively speaking); they're a young band (again, comparatively speaking), and they've still got a ways before they're "old hat".
Foo fighters aren't old hat??? This isn't 1998. Foo fights music is awful and they are super outdated along with Aerosmith. Something like Chainsmokers or and EDM dj would be perfect. That's what's hot now

surfsupdon

RnRC isn't really that great quality of an experience, IMHO. The best Disney attractions immerse you in believable environments from beginning to end (or they have very special charm like Splash). RnRC's ride itself features darkness and 2-D cutouts of objects. I really don't find it to be Disney-quality (with respect to all RnRC fans out there), but it has the potential to be a great ride. GotG might be able to accomplish this.

I'd disagree, with respect to RnRC original form/entrance/queue. Remember the original queue? The FP Standy merge was outside, before heading up the ramp on the side of the building. There was never a line inside--instead you felt like you were getting a tour of the recording studio. Walking up the elevated ramp, through the main entrance, past the marble door, and past a museum style quality of record players through the ages. Past a few more doors then into see Aerosmith. That part of the queue actually felt like part of the experience, part of the attraction.

Moving at a snails pace one step at a time through the current queue is nowhere as effective as the original queue experience, where the attraction started at the merge point.

I've always said since Disney destroyed the queue, they destroyed a lot of the attraction experience. Now it's just a coaster, but it felt like more than that pre refurb.

Anybody else agree? Or am I choosing to remember the attraction with rose colored shades??!

Musicman20

I'm actually an EDM DJ and can tell you first hand that DJing is more then just pushing play. We have to beat match, pitch match, know what songs will go together and much more. It's like playing an instrument expect you're playing every instrument in the orchestra.

Whilst I have a lot of respect for DJ's such as 2ManyDJ's / Soulwax, and I like quite a lot of electronic music which is electro/dance orientated, I cannot ever see Disney using EDM or a DJ type music for this ride.

There are many reasons for this. One of them would be that it isn't rock n roll! I have been in bands playing instruments, toured, recorded, and also got involved with DJ'ing. Both have fun parts, but learning an instrument and playing with 3-5 (less or more) live is quite a task to get right. A guitar just oozes cool....let's face it...it's rock n roll....and a fast rollercoaster suits the whole rock image.

No disrespect. Anyone playing music is good in my book.

Aerosmith are timeless. Not many acts since the late 90's can say that....mainly due to home recording/loss of profit with mp3s, and the huge flood of music.

Luxe

I'm actually an EDM DJ and can tell you first hand that DJing is more then just pushing play. We have to beat match, pitch match, know what songs will go together and much more. It's like playing an instrument expect you're playing every instrument in the orchestra.
EDM DJing is not hard at all. Every song is 128bpm and arranged with an easy entry and exit point. Literally anyone zero musical experience can learn it in under a week. Proper DJing(turntables) is an art that is barely being kept alive by a small group of DJs. Please don't compare being a DJ to learning an instrument, it's insulting to even suggest that DJing is more difficult.

Anyways, EDM would be an awful fit for RnR.

Launchpad McQuack

I've said this a couple times before, but I think the best thematic match for this attraction (if it does, in fact, change) is Elvis. It'll never happen, but I think it makes the most sense. Change the limos to pink Cadillacs. Resynch the music. Repaint/rebuild some of the props. Done.

NothingRhymeswithOrange

If tower is to be replaced by GOTG like Spirit has said, then my pick would be Big Hero 6. Retheme the track to a city skyline, make the cars looks like Baymax, and retheme the queue to fit around the movie. Perfect idea to incorporate a super hero pavilion and keep it out of Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom