Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright, I remember reading reports that one night some guest at the end of the night were asked if they would mind riding with a new soundtrack that were testing out.The test music was by Powerline (the fake musician from the Goofy Movie).

Now, I know these types of reports are incredibly difficult to verify and I can't find much else to verify it. I believe I read it on screamscape.

So, take that with a grain of salt, BUT I read this before a lot of this retheme discussion came up. And a fictional band from a Disney movie takes away the need for a timeless rock band. Powerline being from a Disney movie means they don't have to deal with making a new contract with a new rock band. It would be a cheap retheme that could tide iit over till an eventual major retheme. let's face it, if this thread has proven anything, it's that no one can agree on another "worthy" band, a fictional musician makes that discussion not matter.

Just make the pre show Goofy and Max trying to make it to the powerline convert and add a goofy cut out or two to the ride itself.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20161028_203013.jpg
Oh no! The refurb aka re-theme has begun! No it really hasn't :) . The looks on people's faces when they saw this sign.....yeesh

Otterhead

Oh no! The refurb aka re-theme has begun! No it really hasn't :)
I did think it was interesting that on my recent visit, the vast majority of shirts and merchandise in the gift shop either simply said ROCK & ROLLER COASTER or MICKEY'S ROCK & ROLLER COASTER, with very few having any Aerosmith references. There was still a lot of Aerosmith merch but it was specifically Aerosmith, not R&RC themed.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I did think it was interesting that on my recent visit, the vast majority of shirts and merchandise in the gift shop either simply said ROCK & ROLLER COASTER or MICKEY'S ROCK & ROLLER COASTER, with very few having any Aerosmith references. There was still a lot of Aerosmith merch but it was specifically Aerosmith, not R&RC themed.
Yeah I noticed that when they rolled out the new merch a few months back. It ALMOST seemed as if they were slowly phasing out Aerosmith

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom