Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Section106

Since you guys were talking Prog Rock I have a suggestion: YES

I would love to fly through a YES album cover.
cover_59162317102008.jpg

JWG

If they are going to change the theme, its not going to be any older bands like Yes, ABBA or Bon Jovi. They need to capture the millennials, so it will be someone/some band that is fresh and new.

Even more likely, it will be a Disney property as well. Whatever the current iteration of Selema Gomez is, so they don't have to pay the licensing fees. It will probably just be Radio Disney themed.

GetAPaperBag

I just went to DL for the first time and loved Hyperspace mountain. I would love if they just re-did RnR with a Star Wars theme. I had the idea the other day watching the movies that it would be funny to theme it around the Millennium Falcon and then have the launch not happen on the first try how the Falcon can never seem to get up to hyperdrive on the first try :)

rael ramone

While it would be nice to retheme it to prog (gotta bring back some educational aspects to the resort), or other stuff that came from the 70's (The Noonward Race from the Mighty Mahavishnu would be absolutely epic), any change would be to pump $DIS IP.

yellowrocket

I would imagine the attraction was built with the ability to covert very quickly from the "Rock 'n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith" into just the "Rock 'n Roller Coaster" using generic music and an empty pre-show - should the band do anything embarrassing. I think that is probably the next version of the ride we'll see. I'm sure TWDC pays Aerosmith money to use the band's likeness, and with the current management's eagerness to cut down on costs, they'll probably just drop the "starring..." part altogether.

Bocabear

They could always retheme it back to the 1930s Hollywood...You are at a big talent agency and the head of (insert name here) studios needs extas and has a contract for all of you, Maybe one of you will even be a big big star....but you have to get to the studio across town fast...Style the vehicle to look like a 1930s Dusenburg Limo, and race across town to Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing... ending at the Studio gates...picture capture one train rider as a big new star on the walls at the exit...a take on the original idea for Superstar Limo that would actually work better, and fit the theme of Sunset Blvd better...

Herbie

If they are going to change the theme, its not going to be any older bands like Yes, ABBA or Bon Jovi. They need to capture the millennials, so it will be someone/some band that is fresh and new.

Let's be honest, only Bon Jovi would possibly be an option... Yes and ABBA, not so much (only if other artists were featured as well).

Proving that Aerosmith is still relevant enough, for Skittles to use Tyler for a Super Bowl commercial.

Truth. There is not anyone in the developed world who hasn't heard an Aerosmith song, whether they were aware of it or not. And if they haven't been aware, they learn fast with the ride. Although I am open to a change... preferably to just "The Rock n Roller Coaster", featuring rock from different generations.

I'm a stickler for theme, and the only issue I have with Aerosmith is that it's on Sunset Blvd (oh well, Hollywood that never was and always will be). I'd be happy if they could re-theme/re-build the exterior, to a concert hall perhaps or something of that variety. If they utilized Elvis' catalogue and showcased his appearance outside in some form, it wouldn't feel so out-of-place.

Sidenote, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit really ripped off and swept the rug from underneath RnR when they designed the 'choose your song' feature. Love it though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom