Is Princess dinner in Norway worth the price?

materbuddy

Original Poster
I was just reading that the price of the Princess dinner in Norway is now $35.99 per adult. My DW and I want to try it, but is it worth the money? If not where else should we go?

bigdonpaul

We had a great time at it on our last trip in June. It was all adults but we still liked it. And the food was good, too. Worth the money.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
IMO, not for dinner. I didn't enjoy the meal very much - not terrible but the food wasn't for me, it was unique. Although the character experience was amazing!!! I would go for Bfast - it is standard fare.

tigsmom

IMO, not for dinner. I didn't enjoy the meal very much - not terrible but the food wasn't for me, it was unique. Although the character experience was amazing!!! I would go for Bfast - it is standard fare.

I'm going to have to agree. While everything was ok, it's just not our style of food. It wasn't a planned meal for us (our girls are 14 & 20), but a last minute thing. Service was great even though the place was packed and the Princesses spent quite awhile at the table it wasn't for us. Cinderella even made our oldest pose for a pic with her. :lol:

disneygirl76

I'm going to have to agree. While everything was ok, it's just not our style of food. It wasn't a planned meal for us (our girls are 14 & 20), but a last minute thing. Service was great even though the place was packed and the Princesses spent quite awhile at the table it wasn't for us. Cinderella even made our oldest pose for a pic with her. :lol:

hee hee - Cinderella put me behind here holding my heart as she had her arm around my man!! hee hee The pic is hilarious!! :lol:

jrobb

I feel that it is worth the cost. Of course we use the Disney dining plan so it doesn't 'cost' us what it normally would have, but the amount of time and the number of characters you get is well worth it. The food was pretty good. The cold buffet or whatever they call it is a little hard to get used to unless you like raw fish. The hot item that you order is pretty good; again, it is different than typical fare, but is worth trying. The desserts were spectacular. If you're looking for a lot of face time with characters and meeting as many as possible in one sitting, this is the place to do it. And the theming of the dining area is spectacular as well.

wvdisneyfamily

I've looked at the menu. Do they bring you all of the food listed on the menu like a table service or do you pick one dish? Or is it a buffet?

disneygirl76

I've looked at the menu. Do they bring you all of the food listed on the menu like a table service or do you pick one dish? Or is it a buffet?

It is kind of both - the appetizer part is a buffet of salads, sliced meats, and cheeses. Then you pick a dinner option. They let me pick from the children's menu even though I paid for an adult - because I didn't care for any of the choices. Then they bring you dessert options which are served family style.

Jimmy Thick

My experience is, its the show for the little ones, and the food is ho-hum.

If you have a little girl or girls, I would take them. They won't eat a thing.

wdwhoneymooner

We had dinner there is past December and my wife and I found the food to be very good, especially the smoked salmon (I had my fill 3-times over). Our daughter and son thought it was "OK", but like it's been stated: The princess interaction is the main reason we went. Our little princess was 4 and had a blast meeting all of the princess characters. The best part for me was that it was included in the Free Disney Dining Plan, so we saved about $110.

Animaniac93-98

I'd recommend lunch over dinner since the food is apparently the same anyway an it's $31 instead. The food I thought was the bets of any character meal and better than many non-ones too. It's barely "foreign" in reality (meat is meat right?), if you're looking for burgers and fries go else where if you want something more decent go to Akershus. Charcters were great excpet Belle who seemed kind of ditsy that day. Service was friendly and the only real issue was waiting outside with the mob of people in front. I would go back again personally and hope you enjoy your meal.

Baron Hardup

I had dinner their with my almost 4 year old daughter this last September. It easily exceeded my expectations. If you like smoked salmon, you are going to like this place. Get the meatball things too. Princesses spent plenty of time with the girls . . . not rushed at all. Saw Cinderella, Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, and Aurora. Great atmosphere in the castle and you can catch the fireworks after a meal if you time it right. I'll be back for sure.

Mom2princesses

We went to this meal in August of 07. It was really packed and we felt the princesses had to rush through and really didn't spend too much time with us at all. The food was disappointing. We went for dinner. They really were rushing us including trying to take plates away before we were done. But maybe it was due to the fact that it was packed and they were behind schedule we had to wait 40 mins past our ADR time outside in the heat and humidity which didn't help.

We would go back but it would be for breakfast next time. We really prefered CRT. My little one wants to go back and eat in the castle and we are going there in June but not going back to Norway this time around. The princess interaction at CRT for us on that trip was much better. They took their time. They also seemed to handle the crowd better. The wishing ceremony was cute too.

If you have little girls they will enjoy either place actually. Have a good time.

KingStefan

It depends on what kind of food you like. I love the appetizer board, and I am a food adventurer, so I liked the entrees as well. But $40 is a lot for what you get if you're not going for the princesses.

When we went a few years ago, the kids' paid something like $20 or less, and my little one, then 8 yo, picked a bit at the cheese appetizer, then ordered a PBJ sandwich, which turned out to be one of those little pocket things you can get at the supermarket in packs of a dozen for a few bucks. And then she didn't finish it. So it also depends on whether you have kids with you and how adventurous they are.

But it was def worth it if you add in the princesses.

JustPlainBill

In my opinion our last breakfast at the Akershaus with the Princesses was worth it for us, only because my two daughters ages 7 & 9 at the time, enjoyed the one on one time they got with the Princesses...Mulan, Snow White, Jasmin and Aurora. Non-Princess Belle was there as well, and Mary Poppins was just outside the Restaurant. Come to think of it, I don't know if Mulan is a princess or not? My daughters think she is so I guess thats all that matters. If you go without great expectations about the food than it should be good, it's all a matter of what you want or expect for your money, only each individual can answer that question for themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom