is obama gonna do hop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Not to try to start a problem , but I was very anti-Obama, but now that he is the 44th president of the USA I will try not to say negative things about him now. I wish him the best and hope that he will do all he promised and more, if not this country is going to get hit hard.
But I still look forward to seeing the new HOP when it opens up.
Anyone that was a Obama basher should take a look at it the way I did, if he fails we all fail. Pray for him and hope that we get good change for the Counrty's sake. I hate to here anti people say I hope he scews up, because we all pay then.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW HOP!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Thank you!:sohappy: I wish more people had your attitude...I mean, once the candidate has won, what good does complaining do? :eek: Support the office, give him a chance and see what happens...In 4 years this can all change.

Although I hope it doesn't.:lookaroun:lol: I hope this wasn't too political.

Thank you!:sohappy: I wish more people had your attitude...I mean, once the candidate has won, what good does complaining do? :eek: Support the office, give him a chance and see what happens...In 4 years this can all change.

Although I hope it doesn't.:lookaroun:lol: I hope this wasn't too political.

I think if all people had this attitude the US would be a much happier place. If people did more work on helping the counrty then complaining about who runs it would be a nice change!

But back to HOP I am dumbfounded how many people will go in and talk to James (Cast member) and argue politics with him and have surely not done any homework on what they speak of. James is one of the smartest US historians I know and I love to see the people get blown out of the water talking down to him about politics!

Tom

Beta Return
I'm a staunch Republican, but I had no problem seeing HoP when Clinton was added to it. And I didn't boo him or mock him like some of my fellow party members did.

And I was disappointed when people booed and mocked GWB during the last 8 years.

I'm definitely not a "fan" of O, but I'm actually excited to see how they integrate him into the new show. It'll be the first black AA in a while (I'm trying to think of where else they even have any......SSE I guess) and he has a great speaking voice. I just hope nobody boos him. I'll be ashamed as I always am when people boo the (current) President.

I'm also anxious to see what they spend 9 months doing to the attraction as a whole. That's a long time to dust and vacuum. I hope they update and add some things.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I think that any of the people who are Obama haters will not be interested in seeing the attraction so hopefully there will be no negative comments.

I am looking forward to seeing it with him in it though..:)
Why? I hate George W. Bush and still went to HoP.

It's a classic Disney attraction, regardless of who's talking.

surfsupdon

Right.

Just like I'll still go see Barack. I do wish him, like all Presidents before him, the best.

WDW Monorail

Exactly. I did not vote for Obama and am not a fan of him. However, I will go to the HoP whenever I make it down to FL. Just because I disagree with him doesn't constitute me hating the attraction or not respecting the office of the POTUS.

maggiegrace1

I only said that maybe they would in hopes that no one would be ignorant and make comments...

I do know of people who have said that they would not go see HoP because he will be in it..

I did not vote for him either but I am looking forward to seeing it with him in it...

LoriMistress

I've heard that George Washington, Abe Lincoln, and Obama will have a speech for HOP. It would be weird if every other president before Obama has done a speech, but Obama doesn't have one.

krankenstein

I've heard that George Washington, Abe Lincoln, and Obama will have a speech for HOP. It would be weird if every other president before Obama has done a speech, but Obama doesn't have one.

They didn't, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush are the only sitting presidents to ever speak in the attraction. :wave:

BTW, I didn't and won't vote for President-elect Obama but I am looking forward to hearing and seeing my soon to be President speak in HOP. Just because I disagree with him on many, many issues does not mean that I will not support my President. After all, he is a symbol of the nation I love to the world. :animwink:

Animaniac93-98

That's better! :lol:

And wasn't it a while back that it was confirmed that Washington, Lincoln and Obama would speak in this new version? I'm looking forward to it actually, if they use the original show script as possible and write a good speech for the two new guys and use as much as Lincoln's original speech as possible it could be very good.

s8film40

I would hate to think that I had to sit through half the audience booing the presidents speech and then be deprived of the opportunity to finally do it myself now that we have someone who rightfully deserves it:). HOP has always been one of my favorites, but I think unlike several of the past presidents opponents I will still enjoy it even if he does have a recorded speech and will probably be respectful and refrain from any booing.

ttalovebug

Exactly. I did not vote for Obama and am not a fan of him. However, I will go to the HoP whenever I make it down to FL. Just because I disagree with him doesn't constitute me hating the attraction or not respecting the office of the POTUS.

This is my view exactly. I (and many others who don't agree with Obama, I feel) would never say anything disrespectful in the middle of the HOP. No matter what "side" you're on, I cannot fathom how anyone can be so disrespectful and rude. And at WDW, no less, where we are supposed to forget the troubles of the real world. I pray that the behavior shown in the HOP over the last administration is never seen again.

The Mom

Premium Member
I do appreciate the respectful discussion...so far. But it is still against forum rules. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom