is it really necessary to go to magic kingdom????

octoberbarry

I shall be burned at the stake for this no doubt but...

I think the reason WDW has so many different parks is because they know that, on a large scale, 'different bites for different likes' works better the more different bites there are. So if your family is not into the MK, do the others and be loud and proud about it.

But for the sake of the 13-year-old who has not been, somebody should take him/her, to experience it. It might just the 'bite for his/her like'.....

jmvd20

octoberbarry said:
I shall be burned at the stake for this no doubt but...

I think the reason WDW has so many different parks is because they know that, on a large scale, 'different bites for different likes' works better the more different bites there are. So if your family is not into the MK, do the others and be loud and proud about it.

But for the sake of the 13-year-old who has not been, somebody should take him/her, to experience it. It might just the 'bite for his/her like'.....

I've got the kindling and matches ready :mad:

Actually I agree with you. IMO the MK is the center of the magic at WDW and by far and away my favorite park (just realized that on our last visit). It is strange in a way, as a kid I loved Epcot way more than MK but now that I'm older I love the MK, go figure.

Anyway some people that I have gone with before liked this park over that park and it is different from one person to the next. Good move on Disneys part to build different parks to appeal to a wider range of people.

For me though if I was at WDW for only one day and could only go to one park it would be the MK. But again some people may have different tastes.

santonucci

Joining the heretics...

Given the choice of only doing 3 out of 4 parks, I'm pretty sure my crew would rank the MK #4. Crowds, ok food, ok rides...

We spend the least time there... and I have an 8 year old son and a 5 year old daughter! She'd probably put up a stink about the castle if we didn't go, but I'd bet my son would take the other 3 parks in a second (and the waterparks before them).

Heresy you say?

There no magic at 97 degrees and 90% humidity with a 60 minute wait time...

See you at AK.

steve

DDuckFan130

santonucci said:
Given the choice of only doing 3 out of 4 parks, I'm pretty sure my crew would rank the MK #4. Crowds, ok food, ok rides...

We spend the least time there... and I have an 8 year old son and a 5 year old daughter! She'd probably put up a stink about the castle if we didn't go, but I'd bet my son would take the other 3 parks in a second (and the waterparks before them).

Heresy you say?

There no magic at 97 degrees and 90% humidity with a 60 minute wait time...

See you at AK.

steve
But AK is the hottest park :lol:

Isn't it? :lookaroun

HunnyPot

I would never go to WDW without going to MK. It's my favorite park, and for me, it's what defines the magic. I love all the other parks, but for me, I'm not really at WDW until I see the Castle.

You can add a park hopper option to your Magic Your Way tickets.

goofntink

WHAT?!:veryconfu I think this Tinkerbell must of flown into a closed window one too many times! :hammer: Quick!!!! Everybody clap and say, I believe in fairies, I believe in fairies, I believe in fairies!:sohappy:

Ariellen

I agree that going to MK really makes you feel like you're in Walt Disney World. Epcot is my favorite park, and I've made enough trips to Magic Kingdom where I feel that I could still have a great time if I missed MK completely, but there is something about walkin' right down the middle of Main Street, USA and seeing Cinderella Castle looming in the distance.

So could you have a fabulous WDW vacation without MK? Yes. Would I reccommend intentionally missing MK? No way! :D And I would definitely say it is totally not-to-be-missed if there are first time visitors in your party.

About Park Hopper passes, it is currently $40 to add the park hopper option to a Magic Your Way ticket. :)

phillipsa9

the first time i was in orlando my dad took us only to MGM because we had been to disneyland so many times and he said magic kingdom was just like that. about a year later i returned to wdw and visited magic kingdom for the first time and realized that it is the most magical place i have ever been. nothing compares. for a first timer MK is a must. i think it should be a requirement that you visit MK before any other disney park world wide. MK is disney. MK is magic.... on the other hand if youre looking to save money its not like the kid will no what hes missing

crazydaveh

Oh my! How many times have I been over to the world and thought, I'll only hit Studios or EPCOT, but end up at MK!

It just doesn't seem complete without hitting the MK. Sure, a lot of it is the same thing, but it's just fun. How many other attractions in this world take you back to your childhood?

A few weeks ago, we hit 3 of the 4 parks with some friends from Atlanta. The one park we missed, MK. We didn't mean to do this, but drinking around the world took more time (and money) than planned. We missed it and felt like we missed something huge, even though we've all been there and done the MK many times.

I suggest going.

And yes, they have Park Hoppers.

Have fun.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Chape19714 said:
All first timers should go to the Magic Kingdom.

But, of coarse, Mickey won't come to the hotel and make you.

ahhh yes he will.... with a 9mm. I will never doubt the mouse again. I don't know if I'm even safe saying this.. OMG EVERYONE HIDE HE IS COMING!! SHHH SHHH,

Oh Hi Mickey! We were just talking about how great you are and that you are in no way a boss of the mob. Anyways see ya later Mickey! hehe....

THAT WAS CLOSE!!! That being said you have to see MK. YOU HAVE TO!!! AHHHHH

Debbie

If Walt Disney World consisted of just Epcot, MGM, and Animal Kingdom; I don't know if I would have gone as many times as I have. I love those parks, but there is something magical about Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom