is it really necessary to go to magic kingdom????

spoiledmarie

A trip to Disney World just would not be the same without visiting the Magic Kingdom, to me that is what "Disney" is! There is nothing like walking in and when that castle appears in front of you, it is just so magical! We always start our trips with a visit to the Magic Kingdom and our last night always has to be at MK. I love closing the trip with Wishes and saying goodbye to the castle. I think everyone has to experience the Magic Kingdom at least once.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
*Cough!*

I took my girlfriend for her first time to the US and we spent the first evening at MGM and the first day at Epcot. SSE, Test Track, Body Wars, American Adventure, ToN, RoE, RmRC, ToT, Fantasmic! - she`d never seen anything like it.

The following day we went to the MK. I have her face on video as we turned the corner in Town Square and she saw MSUSA and Cindys castle for the first time for real in her life. The grin she breaks out in says it all. Later she told me Epcot was unbelievable, the Caribbean Beach was fantastic, Fantasmic! was amazing, but when she saw the castle she knew she was in Disney.

A priceless moment.

Nemo14

Master Yoda said:
We travel to WDW about 10 to 12 times a year for weekend trips and we only go to MK on maybe half of those trips. If this is a first time trip I would definitely say go to MK because as said be fore MK is what defines Disney. If this is one of many trips I think it is OK to bypass it.

Now I am going to curl up in the fetal position and wait for the beating to stop.:D
*pours a DoleWhip float down Master Yoda's pants*

on second thought:
*Drinks the DoleWhip float and throws the emty cup at Master Yoda...*

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nemo14 said:
*pours a DoleWhip float down Master Yoda's pants*

on second thought:
*Drinks the DoleWhip float and throws the emty cup at Master Yoda...*
Beat me all you want but don't abuse the DoleWhip!:lol:

Slosh

If its someone's first trip, I'd say MK is a must see (although not a ton of time need be spent). Despite the sentiment on this board, I've definitely skipped MK on short trips with no ill effect. For me, I'm in it for Epcot, have been since I was three. The rest of the family though, thats another story...

kcnole

My wife and I went for the first time in years in January. We only had enough time and money to visit three days of parks so our initial plan was to see Epcot, MGM, and DAK since we had the idea that MK was the kiddie park in our heads.

At the last moment we decided to add the parkhopper option on since it was fairly inexpensive being a Florida resident. Our first day was DAK and by 1:00 PM we'd seen everything so we decided, what the heck, let's go to MK.

I'm so glad we did. MK is definitely not a kiddie park and my best memories of our trip even for two upper 20's married folk came from at MK. Well that and my wife laughing at me when I screamed all the way down the falls on ToT. No one should ever visit Disney for the first time and not see MK. They'll come away with a very strange vision of Disney without it.

So yes, MK is a must see for a first time visitor.

LaughingGravy

Through the bridge under the train station, seeing Main St. with the castle at the end.
"We're Here! We're really here!"

Starting off in another park first, in the back of my mind, "this is really great, but when do we go to MK."

If I go to the MK just long enough to get to Main St, walk out and go someplace else,like Epcot, AK, etc., I will have arrived at WDW.

Of course, once on Main St., it is silly to turn right around and go back out, but that's the power.

barnum42

Master Yoda said:
We travel to WDW about 10 to 12 times a year for weekend trips and we only go to MK on maybe half of those trips.
Now I am going to curl up in the fetal position and wait for the beating to stop.:D
No beatings here - a little envy maybe, but no beatings :lol:

eroyee

MK or not??

:wave: I cant believe you even asked this question!! MK is Disney. We always go there first and last on our trips and sometimes in between. I just cant imagine saying I went to Disney World and didnt go to the MK. Wow!! Scary thought!!:hammer:

Magelet7

Haha, these responses make me laugh. :lol:

But, I dont think it is necessary.

For me, I would want to go to MK if I only had one day, But for other members of my family, especially my older sister, if she has one day she goes to MGM.

She brought her bf, who hadn't been down there since he was like 2, and they just went to MGM, so I dont think it is the absolute.

btw, I'm new! Hi!

kasey1988

You have to do the magic kingdom!! Even if your only there for half a day or just the evening for wishes and a few rides its a must!! maybe try to go on a night with extra magic hours that way you can do whatever all day and be at the park when its less crowded so he can do more in less time! Were taking an 18 year old guy and he is so excited about going on space mtn and the haunted mansion all the things he has hear about that make disney what it really is..amazing :)

DDuckFan130

:lookaroun

I'm leaving in 3 weeks and we're NOT doing MK :lookaroun

My two friends know the park well enough to not care about it right now. They'd rather use their Play 3-day passes on Epcot and more importantly MGM and AK which neither of them have been to.

So for some people who have been to MK too many times to count, MK can be missed...but not to fret, I'll be back in the fall and will be at MK :p

DDuckFan130

DisneyMissy said:
:eek: I can't believe what I just read! Not go to the MK, I may faint :)
I spend most of my time there.
:lol: It's true I'm afraid. If my friends would have spent the extra for the park-hopper option, maybe we could've found a little time for MK. But they didn't...oh well no biggie :lol:

Loretta

Boray said:
The Magic Kingdom IS Disney. The classics like POTC and IASW are what define Disneyworld (for me, at least). The Magic Kingdom is where the magic begins for me and I need to begin my trip there. It doesn't have to change or add anything for it to be a necessary visit for me. Especially if it's a guest's first visit to the world, you really need to visit that park.
I agree. Why would you go to WDW and NOT go to Magic Kingdom. As said, that's where the magic begins!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom