Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

BenJacobs

Thanks.
So this is me completely grasping at straws but is or was Mystic Manor ever a consideration for animal kingdom? IMO this would be a good fit from an adventure point of view. Would be awesome in Asia next to Expedition Everest!

Adventure isn’t one of the themes of Animal Kingdom(there is some sense of adventure throughout the park, but it isn’t a major theme) so you couldn’t base an attraction entirely off of it - you’d have to put it in Adventureland, or better yet it’s own mini land(like Mystic Point in Hong Kong), but that mini land would have to be in Magic Kingdom.

rle4lunch

Just an FYI, Indy 5 has been delayed 6 months to a year due to script rewrites. Maybe they're writing out the Dino aspect of it? Maybe it has something to do with the Indy/Dino crossover being axed? You gotta think that all the synergy between the movie IP folks and the WDI folks is high, so seeing these two separate events as coincidence is kinda hard.
http://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-delayed/#images

MagicJack78

Adventure isn’t one of the themes of Animal Kingdom(there is some sense of adventure throughout the park, but it isn’t a major theme) so you couldn’t base an attraction entirely off of it - you’d have to put it in Adventureland, or better yet it’s own mini land(like Mystic Point in Hong Kong), but that mini land would have to be in Magic Kingdom.
You are right. I could have put that a better way. With that being said Animal Kingdom definitely has an adventurous heart at its core.
Wouldn't be a stretch at all for Mystic Manor to fit right into Asia.
After all rides such as Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, and Pandora certainly have adventure themes. I would respectively disagree that this theme isn't alive and kicking in Animal Kingdom especially with its newer editions in the past 10-15 years. Don't get me wrong I would take this ride anywhere. I wish it was being seriously considered as it definitely has a classic Disney ride feel to it.

Bocabear

Why not Mystic Manor in Animal Kingdom? If ever there were an attraction that fits the feel of DAK, this is it...a world explorer and adventurer's home in a remote outpost where he lives with his exotic collections and pet monkey... It wuld be a charming fit, and they could create an animal tie in with a "maharajah Jungle Trek" type walk through.. with unusual and super exotic animals ...Lord Mystic's Menagerie all living amongst his collection of antiquities and treasures. It could be the very blending of fantasy and nature...

GlacierGlacier

Why not Mystic Manor in Animal Kingdom? If ever there were an attraction that fits the feel of DAK, this is it...a world explorer and adventurer's home in a remote outpost where he lives with his exotic collections and pet monkey... It wuld be a charming fit, and they could create an animal tie in with a "maharajah Jungle Trek" type walk through.. with unusual and super exotic animals ...Lord Mystic's Menagerie all living amongst his collection of antiquities and treasures. It could be the very blending of fantasy and nature...
Mystic Manor is much more fantastical/whimsical than anything so far in Animal Kingdom. Animal kingdom is mostly grounded in legitimate but sometimes fun presentations of animals, species, or culture. Mystic Manor is largely fictional/mystical and unlike Pandora doesn't have a larger world to build off of for placemaking.

You could theoretically turn it into more of a museum ride, where the artifacts presented are legitimately from locations like SEA, but you'd have to strip away much of the premise (magic music box, adventure monkey, etc) in order to make it feel cohesive. It's a cool experience, but not suitable for Animal Kingdom.

Bocabear

Mystic Manor is much more fantastical/whimsical than anything so far in Animal Kingdom. Animal kingdom is mostly grounded in legitimate but sometimes fun presentations of animals, species, or culture. Mystic Manor is largely fictional/mystical and unlike Pandora doesn't have a larger world to build off of for placemaking.

You could theoretically turn it into more of a museum ride, where the artifacts presented are legitimately from locations like SEA, but you'd have to strip away much of the premise (magic music box, adventure monkey, etc) in order to make it feel cohesive. It's a cool experience, but not suitable for Animal Kingdom.
Pandora is completely fictional... At least Lord Henry Mystic is a character that inhabits our world...the artifacts are representations from real places...though yes fantastical...but based upon real places. That is like saying if they want to showcase Pandora we have to strip away the backstory of happening on another planet and make the Blue people normal size to make them fit into the context of the park... I think Pandora paves the way to have a little more Fantasy... :)

EricsBiscuit

It has no message of conservation. It doesn't work in dAK

MagicJack78

I would have to respectively disagree, but that's okay. chances are we will never see this in Orlando. Although I would love to be wrong.
I think it would fit in well with Animal Kingdom. The Manor appears to have an Asian theme and correlates to an adventure type spirit. I think it relates well to Asia and Expedition Everest. Also, Animal Kingdom could use a little bit of a whimsical attraction to lighten the tone of the park a bit IMO.

Bocabear

I would have to respectively disagree, but that's okay. chances are we will never see this in Orlando. Although I would love to be wrong that thought.
I think it would fit in well with Animal Kingdom. The Manor appears to have an Asian theme and correlates to an adventure type spirit. I think it relates well to Asia and Expedition Everest. Also, Animal Kingdom could use a little bit of a whimsical attraction to lighten the tone of the park a bit.
I agree...it is all about the exotic... and how do we know that Lord Mystic did not bring his treasures there to protect and preserve them?....which is sort of an abstract conservation... also his menagerie could be his idea of protecting endangered species...
The aesthetic perfectly fits the thematic aesthetics of the Asia area of the park...

Casper Gutman

AKs theme really isn’t that specific. Dinoland and EE, for instance, don’t have much to do with conservation either. AKs theme is “animals,” and MM could be adapted to fit that - how about instead of magical items, Mystic collects mythical beasts?

Besides, WDW has pretty much disregarded consistent theming. Might as well get some good rides out of the deal.

EricsBiscuit

AKs theme really isn’t that specific. Dinoland and EE, for instance, don’t have much to do with conservation either. AKs theme is “animals,” and MM could be adapted to fit that - how about instead of magical items, Mystic collects mythical beasts?

Besides, WDW has pretty much disregarded consistent theming. Might as well get some good rides out of the deal.
Read the park's dedication

Hayley In Wonderland

I love DAK and I love Indiana Jones (this nearly became my name, no word of a lie).

However, I do not like Indiana Jones in DAK.

I love the Dinosaur aspect of DAK, however I wish it was executed better. With a complete overhaul of the dinosaurland in DAK, it could have SO much potential.

I personally feel Indiana Jones should be in HWS or Adventureland in MK.

Bocabear

Read the park's dedication
understanding the park's dedication doesn't explain Chester and Hester... Or Everest for that matter... that is also a mythical animal...and fits beautifully into the fabric of the park... I also don't think there is much of a conservation message woven into the story of Everest...no more than don't build a train on the Yeti's mountain...

Spash007

There's a lot that could be done with the Mystic Point story line including a message of conservation. Lord Henry (or a new character) could be more villainous and collect exotic animals as well as relics. The guests riding the attraction could be there to save the animals, or we could be witnesses to his greediness leading to his demise (animals breaking out and running amok etc).

I think you'd want to change the storyline around enough anyway since Mystic Point is essentially HK's Haunted Mansion. Use the technology and take some of the story, but make it it's own attraction.

peter11435

Animal kingdoms theme is not simply “animals.”

Bocabear

Is that a reason to encourage the downfall of another park?
in all fairness, Mystic Manor is not the same as bringing Marvel superheroes to DAK...
Not necessarily a downfall to the park with Indy or Lord Henry Mystic if done properly...
And visually both IPs fit the look and feel of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom