Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

EricsBiscuit

Bargaining Stage and Idea:

Turn Dinosaur into a redressed Mystic Manor. If not a mystic manor exterior maybe something akin to a Society of Explorers and Adventurers Expo Museum facade. Make the adjoining Dinorama rides based on S.E.A. greatest hits with Chester and Hester becoming an "Albert the monkey"-inspired coaster. Rename land. Move the Dino figs to Planet Watch as learning exhibit, re-imagine Wildlife Express Train as a time-traveling attraction that brings us back to "a land before time" stopping at what would become the NEW Dinoland. Lastly, Put Indy in DHS.
No. MM has no place at DAK

IMDREW

I’ve said it before, but I guess with all the new plans for uni’s jurassic world, disney’s dinosaur is just not able to compete on that front. So I understand Disney’s decision if they’d remove it. Do have to say I would miss dinosaur like crazy and am a big advocate for dinosaurs in DAK...

FigmentForver96

I’ve said it before, but I guess with all the new plans for uni’s jurassic world, disney’s dinosaur is just not able to compete on that front. So I understand Disney’s decision if they’d remove it. Do have to say I would miss dinosaur like crazy and am a big advocate for dinosaurs in DAK...
Disney isn't going to shutdown a ride because another ride is getting refurbished and *might* be better then it. We don't know what the refurbishment entails for Universal.

Also, Jurassic Park had nothing on Dinosaur (ride wise).

Haymarket2008

I don't know.....I'm not entirely sold that this is the path they'll go down. Obviously it most certainly is a serious option. But they'd be wise to not rule out placement in DHS. They really will be in for a rude awakening once Galaxy's Edge opens. The park needs all the help it can get.

smile

Personally I prefer the IP integration at DL. Peter Pancreas’s Flight is spectacular with the 60th update. The glucagon AA is so lifelike.

who knows what those imaginarians are up to nowadays

would peter's pancreas flight have been better? hmmm... regardless, good show boyo

lazyboy97o

If this news is true, it is another short-sighted decision. I wish WDW would stop getting rid of attractions that are perfectly fine when so many other attractions need attention.

My guess is the deal is something like this. Paris pays for 2/3, FL for 1/3. AK gets its a "new" e-ticket on the cheap. This won't add to capacity but it will draw some heat off of Avatar and give Disney something big they can market for AK.
And Chapek gets to crow about he is reigning in Walt Disney Imagineering, opening new marquee franchise attractions faster and cheaper than Rasulo and Staggs.

Disney isn't going to shutdown a ride because another ride is getting refurbished and *might* be better then it. We don't know what the refurbishment entails for Universal.

Also, Jurassic Park had nothing on Dinosaur (ride wise).
There is also the new coaster.

FigmentForver96

And Chapek gets to crow about he is reigning in Walt Disney Imagineering, opening new marquee franchise attractions faster and cheaper than Rasulo and Staggs.

There is also the new coaster.
Which nobody really knows anything about yet. Ok, maybe it's *possible* but I just don't see them doing it NOW. Maybe down the road as they got closer and saw Universal was going to have new great rides...then yea close it and do something else.

doctornick

AK needs more capacity in a bad way as does HS. I also hope this isn’t a direct lift from a 20 year old ride.

This just seems like an overall terrible idea. DAK (and DHS) need a lot more attraction capacity. DAK should have dinosaurs represented. IJ and archaeology doesn't fit the theme of DAK. There's nothing wrong with Dinosaur that a good rehab wouldn't totally fix.

I really can't even see the logic here. Not when you have an area at DHS that is just screaming for improvement and the park needs more rides and Indiana Jones would be ideally fitting given the new direction of the park.

Hell, plop down IJA in the expansion plot at MK's Adventureland if you are just determined to bring it to WDW and aren't going to put it in DHS.

Anyway, I'm holding out hope that this is a premature claim until confirmed by others. Also, the smallest silver lining is that @Disneyhead'71 IIRC suggested that he was impressed by the DAK plans for IJ so maybe it will at least be good even if a horrible fit.

Side thought: would this development have anything to do with Club 33 in DAK?

Kman101

Incredible sad if true. Indiana Jones isn’t aging well, imo. I like the dinosaur scares and the million dollar question is still the same thing.... what the heck does IaJ have to do with animals????

I don't agree it's not aging well. Let's see how much money Grandpa Indy brings in and then we'll talk ;)

If the suits view Animal Kingdom as a large "Adventureland" park, which I assume they'd have to at this point, then in their mind Indy fits. I can see why and how they'd make him fit. I don't agree with it though. But they could *make* him fit. Which I guess they are.

Hollywood Studios REALLY could have used a boat ride starring Indy.

It seems like such a waste to re-do Dinosaur to Indy.

Are they replacing the Carnival area with a ride? That could make me hate it a tiny bit less, but it still belongs in DHS.

WHY DO THEY GET IT WRONG SO MUCH? WHYYYYYY?

LOL

Kman101

This just seems like an overall terrible idea. DAK (and DHS) need a lot more attraction capacity. DAK should have dinosaurs represented. IJ and archaeology doesn't fit the theme of DAK. There's nothing wrong with Dinosaur that a good rehab wouldn't totally fix.

I really can't even see the logic here. Not when you have an area at DHS that is just screaming for improvement and the park needs more rides and Indiana Jones would be ideally fitting given the new direction of the park.

Hell, plop down IJA in the expansion plot at MK's Adventureland if you are just determined to bring it to WDW and aren't going to put it in DHS.

Anyway, I'm holding out hope that this is a premature claim until confirmed by others. Also, the smallest silver lining is that @Disneyhead'71 IIRC suggested that he was impressed by the DAK plans for IJ so maybe it will at least be good even if a horrible fit.

Side thought: would this development have anything to do with Club 33 in DAK?

I think Indy could fit (sorry all but I do). I don't want it there though. Why can't an explorer visit the park? Why can't Indy be on a research trip in Asia or Africa?

I'm not justifying it because I don't want Indy in AK but he *can* fit. I'm an Animal Kingdom purist but Indy isn't the absolute worst thing they can do. I have a bit more issue with Dinosaur being re-themed than I do Indy itself. But, again, I don't think he belongs. He belongs in DHS.

Kman101

I guess we will take our Galaxy’s Edge and keep our opinions to ourselves.

I assume they will work to keep the land appropriate to DAK and focus on snakes. Lots of snakes. Maybe poison a monkey, have fire ants and serve chilled monkey brain for a DDP snack credit?

So this is a go?

And DHS gets nothing? I guess they really do think SW and TSL are enough.

Who makes these decisions? I'd really love to know how they get it wrong so often.

Kman101

The worst part of this is the further homogenization of the Disney parks. Stripping away uniqness in favor of what Burbank considers to be universal Staples.

Too bad Disney can't seem to make a decent dinosaur movie ...

I'm really very disappointed by this news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom