• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Movielover

I'll take some thick cut applewood smoked slices please.

My statement wasn't to show insensitivity or a lack of respect to anyone, it's called laziness. lol. I don't like to diatribe every nuance of random meandering thoughts that roll through my brain. My first thought of Indy staying is 'that's the TDO way', because they like to do things on the cheap. This seems like a cheap move to keep something running for the sake of not having to spend money (think of the Michael Jackson tribute) while they try and think of something cheaper to replace it with.
My love of applewood smoked slices of heaven will always be top, but lately I've been enjoying Irish Rashers (back bacon). Cooked correctly and you have some dang good bacon!

IMO the TDO way would just shut down the show and save on what I can imagine must be very expensive insurance, not only for the actors but add fire on top of that!. I've said this before but I would love an update to the show, even a complete rewrite if they want to take out the "filming of" aspect. An Indy stunt show is just such a perfect fit for the park, which I hope is one of the reasons why it has been kept around.

Anyways I apologize if my original post came off a little strong, just kind of tired of seeing people write off the show as nothing. As a person who works in theater tech I understand the massive operation that that show has... Plus Raider's is my favorite movie so I'm a bit biased. Now if you want to have a laugh about people being too sensitive go read the "Dogs at the Resorts" thread, there's some great comedic material in that loony bin!

rle4lunch

Advertisement
My love of applewood smoked slices of heaven will always be top, but lately I've been enjoying Irish Rashers (back bacon). Cooked correctly and you have some dang good bacon!

IMO the TDO way would just shut down the show and save on what I can imagine must be very expensive insurance, not only for the actors but add fire on top of that!. I've said this before but I would love an update to the show, even a complete rewrite if they want to take out the "filming of" aspect. An Indy stunt show is just such a perfect fit for the park, which I hope is one of the reasons why it has been kept around.

Anyways I apologize if my original post came off a little strong, just kind of tired of seeing people write off the show as nothing. As a person who works in theater tech I understand the massive operation that that show has... Plus Raider's is my favorite movie so I'm a bit biased. Now if you want to have a laugh about people being too sensitive go read the "Dogs at the Resorts" thread, there's some great comedic material in that loony bin!
No need to apologize. I prefer the cold, soulless internet rather than the sticky emotional mess that millenials have made it. lol

You're lucky. My wife gets sick at the smell of bacon cooking, so I either have to cook it out on the grill or not at all. Most of the time, it's not at all.

I agree that it's a (was) perfect fit to the park, but the evolution of the "studios" aspect of it into whatever the heck it is now doesn't lend to the credence that the stunt show should survive. IF, they plan on keeping with the "movie" theme, then I can see some plussed up iteration of the show (minus the filming aspect, cuz that don't fit anymore) as relevant. That said, Indy is my favorite TRILOGY of all time. This was the golden age of Spielberg for me and my formative years as what cinema should be, IMO.

I'll have to search out the dogs at the resort thing. sounds fun.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I’ve been informed by someone I trust that this project is being readied for conversion on an expeditious timeline. Expect DINOSAUR to close next year. More news when I get it. Also, a weird twist... the budget is being shared with Paris.
Is Indy taking over the carnival area too- leaving the boneyard? Also, will Paris get the dinosaur conversion ride too or is that separate item? You are right.... an odd twist.

Sped2424

I’ve been informed by someone I trust that this project is being readied for conversion on an expeditious timeline. Expect DINOSAUR to close next year. More news when I get it. Also, a weird twist... the budget is being shared with Paris.
OH NO someone brace that one user who loves dinosaur for this. Also this if true is such a huge mistake Hollywood needs all the help it can get.

trainplane3

Great. Another "new" attraction that isn't a new build. I won't complain but having Tron and Rat come to WDW gave me hope we'd see more 100% new builds.

Also, paging @MisterPenguin. You got an update to add.

Last edited:

MansionButler84

Seems like the wrong choice to me, but what do I know? Why the frequent refusal to create actual new capacity?

GlacierGlacier

I'm ready. As long as some props from Dino are preserved (I'd love the WDI·CTX·98 label to be somewhere in the queue) I'm good with it. Always stinks to have classics close, but IJA is a side-grade at worst. So much more open and adventurous.

Mike S

I hope it’s updated in some way. The original is over 20 years old. Maybe they could bring in some old effects that have been lost over the years. Or include Dinosaurs in some fashion.

GlacierGlacier

I hope it’s updated in some way. The original is over 20 years old. Maybe they could bring in some old effects that have been lost over the years. Or include Dinosaurs in some fashion.
Maybe get that three-door effect to work for the east coast :D

Or even the ice/rock effect.

I'm hoping for a unique story - possibly Dino related. That'd be kinda not Indy, but Indy is kinda not AK.

jaxonp

I’ve now ridden both Indy rides... I like them, but it seems pointless to change Dino. It’s a good ride on its own and unique to AK. Indy deserves a new ride at studios using Shanghai pirates tech. I’m not anti screens but I found the CGI to be terrible on SHDL pirates. I’d be all for no screens in Indy based boat ride.

180º

Speaking as a Californian who loves Indiana Jones Adventure, I admire Dinosaur for being greater than the sum of its non-working parts and I honestly find myself missing it all the time. Dinosaur is the one ride that makes me lose my cool. It’s scary. It lulls you with its very convincing boring museum charade and then hits you hard with the scares. I love it so much and I would hate to see it replaced by a potentially 4x redundant attraction.

Top Bottom