Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

GlacierGlacier

I'm ready. As long as some props from Dino are preserved (I'd love the WDI·CTX·98 label to be somewhere in the queue) I'm good with it. Always stinks to have classics close, but IJA is a side-grade at worst. So much more open and adventurous.

Mike S

I’ve been informed by someone I trust that this project is being readied for conversion on an expeditious timeline. Expect DINOSAUR to close next year. More news when I get it. Also, a weird twist... the budget is being shared with Paris.
I hope it’s updated in some way. The original is over 20 years old. Maybe they could bring in some old effects that have been lost over the years. Or include Dinosaurs in some fashion.

GlacierGlacier

I hope it’s updated in some way. The original is over 20 years old. Maybe they could bring in some old effects that have been lost over the years. Or include Dinosaurs in some fashion.
Maybe get that three-door effect to work for the east coast :D

Or even the ice/rock effect.

I'm hoping for a unique story - possibly Dino related. That'd be kinda not Indy, but Indy is kinda not AK.

jaxonp

I’ve now ridden both Indy rides... I like them, but it seems pointless to change Dino. It’s a good ride on its own and unique to AK. Indy deserves a new ride at studios using Shanghai pirates tech. I’m not anti screens but I found the CGI to be terrible on SHDL pirates. I’d be all for no screens in Indy based boat ride.

180º

Speaking as a Californian who loves Indiana Jones Adventure, I admire Dinosaur for being greater than the sum of its non-working parts and I honestly find myself missing it all the time. Dinosaur is the one ride that makes me lose my cool. It’s scary. It lulls you with its very convincing boring museum charade and then hits you hard with the scares. I love it so much and I would hate to see it replaced by a potentially 4x redundant attraction.

shortstop

IJA opened BEFORE Dino, and now 20 years later they want to make this change? Unbelievable. If Indy was truly the better fit, they would’ve put him in originally. Bleh. This would make 5 rides closed in favor of IPs in the last couple of years between DL and WDW.

Side note, I wonder what Joe Rohde thinks of this.

Movielover

I should be surprised but really? Just the price of gutting the building would be high. And are they going to just duplicate the original Indy theming? I love Indy and want to see more of him in the parks, but at the loss of CTX! ugh, I need a drink...

Movielover

what the heck does IaJ have to do with animals????

Snakes, elephants, bugs, rats, bats, a fluffy lion, assorted circus animals, donkeys, horses, camels, and a cheeky Mickey Mouse reference...

And that's just the movies, if you add in all the tv shows and books and games you get even more...

Which ironically also includes dinosaurs!

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
It's probably been asked before but...

Why?

Indy is my favorite ride at DL but it's incorporated into Adventureland seamlessly. Animal Kingdom? Other than the lush foliage it doesn't fit. Even if it's a Snake Temple.

Indy_UK

If true it doesn’t surprise me with Disney but doesn’t make any sense.

The only reason why it would work is to spread out the Lucasfilm IP into different parks and not have everyone going to on spot. However it doesn’t make sense for every other reason.

It’s lazy to just update in AK to a 20 year old ride. You’ll loose the stunt show in DHS so I can only assume there is a phase 3 for that whole area including Star Tours

Movielover

Is disney really going to remove dinosaur next year?

That's what it's sounding like kid...

Time to bust out the "This attraction is vanishing forever and it's not so fun times" kit.

1526119959975.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom