Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

FullSailDan

I certainly agree that other Future World projects should take precedence in the immediate future, but any upcoming FW rehabilitation would need to ensure its crown jewel feels modernized and relevant (looking at you, descent).

If the FW hotel and D23 revamp are to come to fruition, a plussed SE needs to be included in that vision.

See and that's the thing, everyone on here complains about the descent, and no it's not perfect, but the average guest doesn't care about that right now. The money easily could be spent elsewhere to introduce entire new experiences and have a larger impact. Trust me, I'm not one to advocate skimping on keeping attractions fresh, but we have to frame this in the era of TWDC only alloting so much money, lets get the big bang, not the small one. And yeah spaceship earth is the "signature" attraction, but in today's Epcot, I'm not sure people will see it that way. Just like GMR was "just another thing" at the park with ToT and RnR. Thematically spaceship earth might not even fit in with the new Epcot either... :(

jimbaker84

There's nothing "perfectly fine" in dinoland except the bone yard. Dino needs work, and the whole land feels like DCA 1.0. For all the people screaming about ruining the pristine nature and mission statement of AK, look no farther than the half a$$ed approach that was used in dinoland.
I would agree that Dinosaur needs work but am completely against it's replacement with Indiana Jones. Dinorama should be replaced with something else but not so sure about using Indy there. I would much rather see it in HS and keep the focus of Animal Kingdom on Animals (be they living, extinct or fictional).

Purduevian

I think the confusion stems from this being in the Indy thread, but piecing together what @marni1971 is saying the tug of war isn't over Indy. It is more over the ride tech and budgets.

I think the first tug of war is over IP (Indy for AK or DHS), but the tug of war B relates to war A due to budget or ride tech.

For example:
If AK gets Indy, (the bigger budget than DHS and Pirates tech). The second tug of war might be a less expensive option like Epcot an India Pavilion but no attraction..

If DHS gets Indy (Using Pirates ride system, but is cheaper). The second tug of war might get an India Pavilion with Jungle Book E-ticket ride not using the Pirates system.

Just a note, I don't think any insider as pointed to Jungle Book rides or India Pavilion, but it just shows how the two tug of wars might be related.

jimbaker84

The stunt show still draws packed crowds. It will be even more popular when SWL opens and people want something to do while waiting to get into Galaxy's Edge.
I tend to agree and would much rather Disney didn't remove attractions in order to build new ones as they need all the attraction capacity they can get. I just hope that if they do go down that route eventually they at least build more than they remove.

PorterRedkey

I tend to agree and would much rather Disney didn't remove attractions in order to build new ones as they need all the attraction capacity they can get. I just hope that if they do go down that route eventually they at least build more than they remove.
Plus, if they end up building a new Indy ride and retheming Backlot Express to Indy, it would make the area larger and include 2 attractions. It could be a nice little mini-land.

However, if Indy stays, I wouldn't mind some upgrades or even a new final stunt scene.

jt04

Plus, if they end up building a new Indy ride and retheming Backlot Express to Indy, it would make the area larger and include 2 attractions. It could be a nice little mini-land.

However, if Indy stays, I wouldn't mind some upgrades or even a new final stunt scene.

Incorporating a reimagined Echo Lake and updated stunt show (if it stays) would be minimal requirements IMO.

In addition to the other stuff you mention.

jimbaker84

I'd be inclined to eventually move Star Tours (if possible) to the new SW:GE area which would free up more space for an Indy land as well.

100% regarding the improving of the stunt show. I'd like to see the dialogue changed as well, we've been hearing the same joke about the stunt dude and Harrison Ford for years now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Assuming TDO decides to keep Indy in DHS, why couldn't he replace The Twilight Zone in the ToT? Call it Indiana Jones In The Fifth Dimension. Incorporate screens like in GotG:MB and display snakes/rats/atomic explosions/open chest heart extractions on them while riders are subjected to Kate Capshaw belting out Anything Goes in Chinese at 125 decibels.

That's guaranteed to make you throw up.

PorterRedkey

I'd be inclined to eventually move Star Tours (if possible) to the new SW:GE area which would free up more space for an Indy land as well.

100% regarding the improving of the stunt show. I'd like to see the dialogue changed as well, we've been hearing the same joke about the stunt dude and Harrison Ford for years now.
Star Tours will most likely be rethemed. Unless they wise up and connect the exit to Galaxy's Edge (not likely).

MichRX7

Premium Member
I believe it was @marni1971 who said it! :)

But, I have to check my notes. I'm at WDW now and am not able to update all the rumor tracker until probably sometime Saturday night. And there's a lot to update.

Would you please push this knife into my heart even further. You get to be at WDW and I'm staring out my window at a foot of snow with and it isn't supposed to stop until Sunday evening!

MichRX7

Premium Member
Another good option -- Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Shaking Box.

How about Indiana Jones and the Lament Configuration of Lemarchand's Box? Then they can have the cars rotate while dropping out with a Fat Head poster of Pinhead on the wall before descending to another dimension...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom