Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

rle4lunch

Think we'll just need to agree to disagree on this topic. Is there anywhere else you would plonk a new Indy attraction/land?

DHS is obviously the best choice. That's what I said earlier in the thread. 1 quality Indy ride is better than a cheap Indy overlay in dinoland any day of the week. My ideal solution was to plus up all dinoland and build new in DHS.

FigmentJedi

Lol at you dinosaur fans. You realize you like a 5th grade book report for a ride? Such a waste of a rollicking jeep ride by stopping every 5 seconds to "analyze" a plant or dino. Dumb dumb dumb.
It's almost like full size animatronic dinosaurs are something you want to linger a little on rather then corridors of "Local Haunted House"-grade blacklight paintings of spoopy skeletons.

HauntedMansionFLA

Plus, if they end up building a new Indy ride and retheming Backlot Express to Indy, it would make the area larger and include 2 attractions. It could be a nice little mini-land.

However, if Indy stays, I wouldn't mind some upgrades or even a new final stunt scene.
If they are going to re-theme Star Tours eventually, Indiana Jones has enough content to have a nice attraction.

doctornick

There's nothing "perfectly fine" in dinoland except the bone yard. Dino needs work, and the whole land feels like DCA 1.0. For all the people screaming about ruining the pristine nature and mission statement of AK, look no farther than the half a$$ed approach that was used in dinoland.

You clearly have visited a different Dinoland than I. Sure, Dinosaur (the ride) could use some good rehab to bring it up to its original quality, but even so it's a fun high quality ride. The Boneyard, Restaurantasaurus, Dinosaur and even the kitschy gift shop all are quite good. The issue is Dinorama -- bulldoze that, put in Excavator plus refurb the rest and you have a top notch land perfect for DAK.

And Nemos is fine too, though out of place in a dinosaur themed area. As others have suggested, putting a "walking with dinosaurs" type show there would be ideal.

Bairstow

It's almost like full size animatronic dinosaurs are something you want to linger a little on rather then corridors of "Local Haunted House"-grade blacklight paintings of spoopy skeletons.
126.jpg

RSoxNo1

What is the capacity of the Shanghai Pirates ride? I don't usually concern myself with this side of the debate, but in the case of DHS it is definitely a point of interest with the lack of rides.

I will also be presumptive (as we all are at this point) and believe that the Indy section of DHS will only have this one, mega-E Ticket water ride. Although this would be great for DHS, to me there should be more than just the ride itself. Any IP going into this park should have a land or area that offers more than 1 ride, no matter how impressive the ride might be. That is why the Indy land in DAK would interest me more - only if it were not at the expense of Dino Land. For me, a new area with an Indy IP should be another true expansion. They can always redo the Chester and Hester area with the Dino theme intact at some other time.

Bottom line though...if a huge, mega-E Ticket Indy ride using the Shanghai Pirates tech was added to DHS...I certainly won't be complaining about it.
I suspect it's incredibly high. The boats are huge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom