Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

999th Happy Haunt

I agree the lake is nice but a better themed transition for Indy land would be better that incorporates the water.
How about having to travel past or through a travel agency building roughly where the stunt show entrance is to get to the land? Film crews often have to travel to exotic locations. It would fit right in especially since the Indy movies take place around the 1930s and 40s, just like (mostly) the rest of the park.

matt2394

Leave Dinosaur alllllloonnnneee

Indy in DHS is far preferable. It fits better thematically and that park is going to need more (not replacements, just more) if any of us want a chance at even stepping into SW:GE without waiting for three hours first.

This. Dinosaur is pretty much one of the most popular attractions in AK and to get rid of it would be shooting themselves in the foot. I'd like to think they wouldn't repeat the same mistake they made when they closed Great Movie Ride.

flyerjab

They could always add more water...

What is the capacity of the Shanghai Pirates ride? I don't usually concern myself with this side of the debate, but in the case of DHS it is definitely a point of interest with the lack of rides.

I will also be presumptive (as we all are at this point) and believe that the Indy section of DHS will only have this one, mega-E Ticket water ride. Although this would be great for DHS, to me there should be more than just the ride itself. Any IP going into this park should have a land or area that offers more than 1 ride, no matter how impressive the ride might be. That is why the Indy land in DAK would interest me more - only if it were not at the expense of Dino Land. For me, a new area with an Indy IP should be another true expansion. They can always redo the Chester and Hester area with the Dino theme intact at some other time.

Bottom line though...if a huge, mega-E Ticket Indy ride using the Shanghai Pirates tech was added to DHS...I certainly won't be complaining about it.

This. Dinosaur is pretty much one of the most popular attractions in AK and to get rid of it would be shooting themselves in the foot. I'd like to think they wouldn't repeat the same mistake they made when they closed Great Movie Ride.

also...... I think it's pretty good? Feel like that's getting buried in the midst of the discussion. Genuinely thrilling, great re-ride value, high capacity and still pretty busy, even with however many thousands are people are trapped in FoP purgatory. Of course could use some plussing (what couldn't) but the refurb last year helped a bunch.

jimbaker84

also...... I think it's pretty good? Feel like that's getting buried in the midst of the discussion. Genuinely thrilling, great re-ride value, high capacity and still pretty busy, even with however many thousands are people are trapped in the FoP line. Of course could use some plussing (what couldn't) but the refurb last year helped a bunch.
I agree with this. The attraction is still great but could do with a few touches here and there. No need to replace an already busy attraction.

There seems to be a tendency to think that the boundaries of the parks are fixed and that in order to get new rides we need to refit/replace older ones, however one of the great advantages WDW has is that it has plenty of land to expand upon.

rle4lunch

Lol at you dinosaur fans. You realize you like a 5th grade book report for a ride? Such a waste of a rollicking jeep ride by stopping every 5 seconds to "analyze" a plant or dino. Dumb dumb dumb.

rle4lunch

And, just like Indy stunt show having an audience all the time, the reason dino has attendance is because people don't want to waste 2 hours getting to another park and are trying to make the most of a half day park.

Lol at you dinosaur fans. You realize you like a 5th grade book report for a ride? Such a waste of a rollicking jeep ride by stopping every 5 seconds to "analyze" a plant or dino. Dumb dumb dumb.

we read VERY different books in 5th grade.
but point taken, it's not for everyone

And, just like Indy stunt show having an audience all the time, the reason dino has attendance is because people don't want to waste 2 hours getting to another park and are trying to make the most of a half day park.

but that's a good thing, right? that it's seen as something worth doing? Similarly to the Stunt Show, it's not by any means my favorite but I think removing it would be a mistake. It's clearly still a draw (unlike VoLM, or even really BatB shows.)

Anyway. Gimme Phylicia Rashad and I'm happy.

BrianLo

What is the capacity of the Shanghai Pirates ride? I don't usually concern myself with this side of the debate, but in the case of DHS it is definitely a point of interest with the lack of rides.

It's quite generous. Generous enough that it would not even be a mistake to use in MK. I wish I could find cycle time, but they simultaneously load approximately 50 people (48 fixed seats, but lap sitting of toddlers is allowed). An additional belt platform extension allows for people to be seated but not totally settled in for another full cycle before the boats are released, preventing large loading hold ups.

It's easily the only modern ride from Iger's tenure that safely sails well beyond 2k - apart from Ratatouille.

FigmentForver96

Hmmm did you reach this conclusion by standing outside the ride asking? Stop being so dramatic so people can take you seriously. First, doesn't take 2 hours to get to another park....ok.

Second, while Dinosaur is certainly no Indiana Jones, it is still a good ride. Not your cup of tea, fine. But don't make it out like nobody likes it and it's just a filler because there's just NOTHING left to do.

jimbaker84

Different strokes for different folks, everyone has their most/least favorite attraction. I'm pretty certain plenty of people are very fond of the stunt show for what it is and not just as an option of last resort. It can be improved, but there isn't any need to replace an already popular show when WDW urgently needs NEW attractions, not replacements.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

You could describe any ride like that to make it sound stupid. It's not that outrageous to believe that Dinosaur has quite a few fans, including myself, as it is still a great E-ticket. You're acting as if people are defending Primevil Whirl.

GlacierGlacier

You could describe any ride like that to make it sound stupid. It's not that outrageous to believe that Dinosaur has quite a few fans, including myself, as it is still a great E-ticket. You're acting as if people are defending Primevil Whirl.
Hey - Primeval Whirl has at least some mild thrill aspect to it. Trash Triceratops Spin.

rle4lunch

we read VERY different books in 5th grade.
but point taken, it's not for everyone

but that's a good thing, right? that it's seen as something worth doing? Similarly to the Stunt Show, it's not by any means my favorite but I think removing it would be a mistake. It's clearly still a draw (unlike VoLM, or even really BatB shows.)

Anyway. Gimme Phylicia Rashad and I'm happy.

The only reason it's a crowd draw is because of all the first time visitors that don't know any better. Drop dino in DL and the local crowd would turn it into Muppets 4d attendance numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom