Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

raymusiccity

I don't think it would stick out that badly at animal kingdom. But it would be the start of an erosion of theme for the park. Something DAK has been the only Florida park to avoid.

I don't see how it could stick out like a sore thumb at a park that already has an Indy attraction.

I too would like an Indy attraction but I would prefer it not come at the expense of DAKs overall theme and mission. Nor do I wish to see the IP manipulated drastically to make it fit. I'd prefer to just fly to California or Japan for my Indy fix than have either of those things happen.

Only up to a point. You can erode a park all that you want, as long as the majority of patrons find it fun and entertaining. I think most people will vote for a rethemed Indy ride over an appropriately themed 'Omni-mover'.

peter11435

Only up to a point. You can erode a park all that you want, as long as the majority of patrons find it fun and entertaining. I think most people will vote for a rethemed Indy ride over an appropriately themed 'Omni-mover'.
People find carnivals and state fairs fun and entertaining.

Some of us actually appreciate the art of themed entertainment and design.

S 2

Anthropology - the study of human societies and cultures and their development

Archeology - the study of human history and prehistory through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artifacts and other physical remains.

Neither of which relate to animals.

LOL got it. Now I don't have to take that course at the University, thanks you just saved me a lot of money...

sedati

Pixieish

So... you're saying that the animals are thinking, "Yep, we're all animals including those humans!"?

I don't know what they're thinking -- but I'm pretty sure it's not "I'm not an animal."
Let's face it...we all know the squirrels at Disney are too busy thinking about how to open the zippers on bags left with strollers so they can get the goodies out of them to spend any time thinking about whether they're human.

Calm Down Rover

As impressed as I was by how the Avatar property was seamlessly integrated into AK's themes, I really don't see how Indy could fit into the park's thesis without serious re-jiggering. Animals in the films (I'm not including supplementary books of dubious canon) are generally either transportation or mindlessly-swarming obstacles to be avoided/defeated (snakes, bugs, bats, Nazi monkeys). It makes for a fun cinematic adventure, but it's pretty much the opposite of AK's more reverent and educational approach.

Of course, all my hand-wringing doesn't matter in the grand scheme. At least Rohde and Co have a stellar track record when it comes to maintaining AK's thematic consistency. I would just feel better if this was a genuine expansion instead of yet another sacrifice of a unique, animatronic-centric attraction.

britain

As impressed as I was by how the Avatar property was seamlessly integrated into AK's themes, I really don't see how Indy could fit into the park's thesis without serious re-jiggering. Animals in the films (I'm not including supplementary books of dubious canon) are generally either transportation or mindlessly-swarming obstacles to be avoided/defeated (snakes, bugs, bats, Nazi monkeys). It makes for a fun cinematic adventure, but it's pretty much the opposite of AK's more reverent and educational approach.

Of course, all my hand-wringing doesn't matter in the grand scheme. At least Rohde and Co have a stellar track record when it comes to maintaining AK's thematic consistency. I would just feel better if this was a genuine expansion instead of yet another sacrifice of a unique, animatronic-centric attraction.

You see, the Indy area would be dedicated to "irrational fears of animals"! Stomp on the bugs! Incinerate the snakes!

Haymarket2008

I feel that the only way of integrating Indy into the park is if he was the face for excavation and its’ goal to respect nature/culture, etc. A stretch, but still......I’d much rather have a Joe Rhode themed attraction instead lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom