Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

MrHappy

Virtually same layout, very different positioning of walls.

As for Indy in AK, it certainly could work. Dinoland is already based on a paleontological dig and collegiate atmosphere. Jones is a college professor and archeologist - similar disciplines. And the park itself has a huge focus on the type of cultures Indy movies visit. (And for the record despite the name, animal kingdom is not a park themed to animals - it's a park themed to nature and humans relationship with it, animals have been the subject - rohde has stated this over and over again from the beginning and is pretty obvious throughout the design of the park). Of course the challenge is taking a very human oriented franchise and linking it back to nature - but it probably could be done, especially if the dinosaurs stay around. No pun intended but the bones of the Indy storyline do lend themselves to it.

Course I'd rather see the land stay original, and see Dinosaur stay with updates (I'm one of the few that actually prefers it most days to Indy) but the push for IP is so strong these days. But hey, if that's the way for the parks to get the investment they need it's hard to argue with. I wouldn't worry too much about it - AK is Rohde's baby and he believes in the power and necessity of theme and coherent story more than anyone, to a flaw nearly. If it happens it'll be fine. And it's certainly a better fit than Zootopia.

Hell it might even be a great way to get a South America land.
"it's a park themed to nature and humans relationship with it, animals have been the subject" is a huge insight to this. Thanks for sharing. I also wonder if Disney and Dino's don't mix considering the continuation and success of the Jurassic Park/World Franchise across town.

PiratedTVPro

I'll agree that DinoLand USA definitely needs retheming, but I'll eat a hat if Indian Jones replaces it in the next 5-10 years. The Indian Jones franchise doesn't fit with the theming, purpose or tone of the park, let alone the current purpose of DinoLand USA as a kids' area. The look of the Indian Jones films is a marginal match for the Africa/India/Tibet portions of the park, but the only real, tangential connection between the two is that Dinosaur and Disneyland's Indiana Jones share a ride vehicle, but that doesn't mean much, since it's an entirely different track and layout in California, not just something you can retheme and bring over. I feel like Joe Rohde would probably resign before bringing this into the park.

A much, much, much more likely replacement is Zootopia. It's theming would fits the current tone and purpose of the section of the park much more easily than Indiana Jones, which really I'd like to see reintroduced in a new way to Hollywood Studios once Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land are open and at capacity.

andysol

Brilliant! Why Demolish Dinorama when we can simply retheme it with "Short Round's Carnival Adventure".
They can sell Monkey Brains specialty Drink, and even chow down on a heart- freshly pulled from a man.

Think of all the whips and hats they'll sell!
Indiana Jones will be a massive success! God Forbid we'd just fix the weakest part of the park- Dinorama. Did kids start hating dinosaurs all of a sudden that I didn't hear about?

Mike S

As me and @Tahu have pointed out there is a potential way they can do this. Question is, would management let the imagineers go hog wild with it and not be restricted to what's already there in Dinosaur? They could even finally introduce extinct Mammals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_World_(Conan_Doyle_novel)

Bonus: it takes place in South America so we could also get a nature walking trail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom