Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

BenJacobs

Can we all just agree that it would be better if they didn't get rid of Dinosaur, and kept such an amazing, original ride, and then placed an Indiana Jones ride with a different track layout to Dinosaur in the space between Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain.

Just4Pics

Can we all just agree that it would be better if they didn't get rid of Dinosaur, and kept such an amazing, original ride, and then placed an Indiana Jones ride with a different track layout to Dinosaur in the space between Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain.

MK doesn't need any more attractions, especially with Tron coming. The other parks do.

I think we can all agree it would be better as an add on rather than replacement though.

FigmentForver96

What if the IJA retheme of Dinosaur! isn't even the new South America Land's headliner? What about a new mega E Ticket boat ride called "Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Coronado"?
Until the mega headliner is sent through budget cuts and the ride goes from 6 minutes to 4 and there is one AA? Oh and then they tout that one single AA as the most cutting edge thing they've ever done and it will be "more Disney"?

The sad thing is that the common Disney tourist will eat it up and go for whatever brainless excuse they have for it.

thundermtnGOAT

I would welcome this. Dinosaur is such a bad use of the Indy ride system (pretty sure they share an identical track layout). So much of the ride path is just darkness, and it doesn't even compare to Indy. Themes are like politics - you put enough spin and story on something and you can make us believe anything. Indy fits in Animal Kingdom about as much as it does in Tokyo DisneySea, but it's such a good ride for that park (which is full of great rides) and I like the possibility for what it could bring here.

BenJacobs

MK doesn't need any more attractions, especially with Tron coming. The other parks do.

I think we can all agree it would be better as an add on rather than replacement though.

I agree completely with having add ons rather than replacements, but as it couldn't go in Animal Kingdom as it doesn't fit and Dinosaur is already there, it obviously can't go in Epcot, it could fit in Hollywood Studios(combine with the stunt show to create an entire land), but Hollywood Studios is already getting a lot of love, so only Magic Kingdom is left(and it would happily fit into Adventureland) - you could put it in Hollywood Studios, but you'd have to wait 10 years, no doubt.

Monorail_Orange

I am in the school of thought that finds Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye superior to CTX/Dinosaur.
I've also long disliked Dinorama.
However, this is a dumb idea. The resort as a whole needs additional capacity in order to keep growing and filling all these hotels/DVCs, and to continue to build attendance. Even in all the things that were announced during D23, we only got got 2 additional rides, everything else was a replacement. Indy belongs in DHS or Adventureland. It's at best a strained relationship if shoved into DAK. Heck, I know I'll get slammed for this...but I can actually even visualize a potential edutainment story with Indy that it could fit into EPCOT before DAK!

BenJacobs

I would welcome this. Dinosaur is such a bad use of the Indy ride system (pretty sure they share an identical track layout). So much of the ride path is just darkness, and it doesn't even compare to Indy. Themes are like politics - you put enough spin and story on something and you can make us believe anything. Indy fits in Animal Kingdom about as much as it does in Tokyo DisneySea, but it's such a good ride for that park (which is full of great rides) and I like the possibility for what it could bring here.

Indy is a great ride, but doesn't fit with with the themes of Animal Kingdom, it could only work in Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

Also, I don't know what people have against Dinosaur, if you've been on it, it's an absolutely amazing ride(especially since they refurbished it to make the lighting better, and add some well placed screens) - the storyline is very good, the ride is very well themed, and it is thrilling, feels fast and throws you around a bit and actually fits in Animal Kingdom.

BenJacobs

I am in the school of thought that finds Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye superior to CTX/Dinosaur.
I've also long disliked Dinorama.
However, this is a dumb idea. The resort as a whole needs additional capacity in order to keep growing and filling all these hotels/DVCs, and to continue to build attendance. Even in all the things that were announced during D23, we only got got 2 additional rides, everything else was a replacement. Indy belongs in DHS or Adventureland. It's at best a strained relationship if shoved into DAK. Heck, I know I'll get slammed for this...but I can actually even visualize a potential edutainment story with Indy that it could fit into EPCOT before DAK!

Agree, but I would rather not have it than have it in Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

tmthomas52

This would be the move that would probably disgust me the most out of all the recent Disney IP takeovers. Dinoland USA is very important in taking crowds on for Animal Kingdom. While I would agree a Chester and Hester redo would be beneficial, the entire basis of Animal Kingdom incorporating past, present and mythical creatures and their interactions with humans would need to be changed if Dinosaues were removed completely.

I personally love Indiana Jones as well. However, there is a ton of potential in Hollywood Studios to build a purpose built land for Indiana Jones by the Show. An addition of a E Ticket Boat ride similar to Jurassic Park and Shanghai Pirates along with a flat ride would do wonders to take pressure off of SWL and TSL. But obviously instead we should destroy the most thematically consistent Disney park in North America instead.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Good fiction establishes and then follows its rules.
Well, it's clear from this thread that lots of people have bought into Disney's fiction that they care about conservation. The only rule current management is following is "make more money."

BenJacobs

This would be the move that would probably disgust me the most out of all the recent Disney IP takeovers. Dinoland USA is very important in taking crowds on for Animal Kingdom. While I would agree a Chester and Hester redo would be beneficial, the entire basis of Animal Kingdom incorporating past, present and mythical creatures and their interactions with humans would need to be changed if Dinosaues were removed completely.

I personally love Indiana Jones as well. However, there is a ton of potential in Hollywood Studios to build a purpose built land for Indiana Jones by the Show. An addition of a E Ticket Boat ride similar to Jurassic Park and Shanghai Pirates along with a flat ride would do wonders to take pressure off of SWL and TSL. But obviously instead we should destroy the most thematically consistent Disney park in North America instead.

Finally, somebody understands...

BenJacobs

The Indiana Jones Adventure in DL is set in a ruined temple in India. AK has a whole section dedicated to India and Nepal (Asia).

It actually fits pretty perfectly in that regard, and quite a bit better than blue aliens, or a Yeti for that matter.

Asia is, surprising, dedicated to Asia, not just India and Nepal.

The yeti does fit, as it plays on the Animal Kingdom theme of mythical creatures, and so does Avatar for similar reasons(the film is entirely about respecting nature and conservation, how does that not fit into Animal Kingdom?) - and you do know that there is a dragon on the sign in front of the park, right?

999th Happy Haunt

I doubt Joe Rohde would let this happen. AK is his baby. At least Avatar fit the parks message, and it wasn't shoehorned in since that message was part of the movie as well. While I love Indy, there's no message about conservation and not much to do with animals either. Indy should get his own land or at least mini land in Hollywood studios with a version of IJA and a boat ride.

Musical Mermaid

I apologize if someone already mentioned this, but I would love to see some representation of Australia and better in Animal Kingdom than World Showcase. They have so many unique animals. I don't know where they could put it, but I think it would be great.

I frequently skip Dinoland at the park. On the whole it screams cheap to me. I would much prefer education about current animals and caring for them than extinct ones.

EOD K9

I've been racking my brain for hours trying to figure out how Indy fits and I think I figured it out. George Lucas loosely based Chewy on his dog Indiana. In the Last Crusade, his dad Herbert Jones Sr. says they named the dog Indiana. Hence, he is named after the dog, the dog is an animal, and therefore fits the theme of Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom