• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

PorterRedkey

Premium Member
It’s more enjoyable now. Ten years ago there was a lot more filming I wanted to do. Nowerdays I don’t have to rush around like a idiot. Some days I don’t even take the camera (shock horror)
It true! I saw it with my own eyes.

I'm glad @marni1971 and Michelle took some time out of their vacation to spend a little time with me and my wife. It was a special evening for a big fan like myself!

GlacierGlacier

Didn't want to bump an old thread, but movieweb posted an article yesterday that discusses the possibility of an Indiana Jones land coming to Hollywood Studios.
Just wanted to provide the link
https://movieweb.com/indiana-jones-land-disney-world/
This cites the Orlando Weekly article which was based off of various pages on this forum. Martin and others have discussed the validity of topics mentioned in the Brazil thread and the Indy thread on the DHS subforum (I think).

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Didn't want to bump an old thread, but movieweb posted an article yesterday that discusses the possibility of an Indiana Jones land coming to Hollywood Studios.
Just wanted to provide the link
https://movieweb.com/indiana-jones-land-disney-world/
All their information is from this blog post:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/10/22/an-indiana-jones-mini-land-may-finally-find-a-home-at-disneys-hollywood-studios?fbclid=X

Which gets most of its info from Jim Hill, the Unnameable Site, and here.

WEDwaydatamover

I think it would be a better fit for Animal Kingdom, even replacing Dinosaur. It would surely be able to support a bigger area and bigger crowds. The idea of a mini-landland at the Studios makes me cringe once Phil Holmes has his way with it.

TheVisionarySoul

Original Poster
An Indy land is not a thematic fit for AK.
I would argue it could fit. The theme at the heart of Animal Kingdom is Man vs. Nature, and Nature always triumphs. Indy vs Snakes, Indy vs Rats, Indy vs Ants... you get the idea. Sure it’s a little bit far-fetched, but so is Avatar.

Regardless, I haven’t heard much as of late on this project. (Or much of it going into Hollywood Studios either) I’ll post more if I hear more.

Pi on my Cake

It is the Hollywood that never was and always will be...
Yup. And Galaxy's Edge, Indiana Jones, and Toy Story Land have absolutely nothing to do with a real or an imagined Hollywood nor filmmaking or studios. The Studios park has become the generic IP dumping ground and has lost almost all of it's charm and identity.

jt04

Yup. And Galaxy's Edge, Indiana Jones, and Toy Story Land have absolutely nothing to do with a real or an imagined Hollywood nor filmmaking or studios. The Studios park has become the generic IP dumping ground and has lost almost all of it's charm and identity.
it is becoming a place where you don't watch a movie. Or experience a movie. Or "walk into a movie" as other parks have claimed. But a place you participate in the movies magically. Because that is what people want.

Pi on my Cake

it is becoming a place where you don't watch a movie. Or experience a movie. Or "walk into a movie" as other parks have claimed. But a place you participate in the movies magically. Because that is what people want.
I'm not saying it isn't a popular idea.

I'm just saying that it doesn't fit the old theme. And a new theme hasn't been set up. And "go inside movies" isn't a theme. And even if "participating in movies" is the theme, then Galaxy's Edge doesn't fit that theme because it is a new planet with new stories and isn't an adaptation of any Star Wars movie.

So, saying that just about anything "fits the theme" of Hollywood Studios is funny to me because 95 percent of the time they are just talking about random IPs that have nothing to do with Hollywood or filmmaking and just "fit the theme" because there is no theme anymore.

jt04

I'm not saying it isn't a popular idea.

I'm just saying that it doesn't fit the old theme. And a new theme hasn't been set up. And "go inside movies" isn't a theme. And even if "participating in movies" is the theme, then Galaxy's Edge doesn't fit that theme because it is a new planet with new stories and isn't an adaptation of any Star Wars movie.

So, saying that just about anything "fits the theme" of Hollywood Studios is funny to me because 95 percent of the time they are just talking about random IPs that have nothing to do with Hollywood or filmmaking and just "fit the theme" because there is no theme anymore.
I was never hooked on seeing how the magic is done as a theme. Uni Hollywood does a fantastic job with that. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

ChrisFL

They can make an Indy land fit AK very easily, I don't see why this is such a big thematic issue for people.

Top Bottom