Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

FigmentJedi

Can someone explain why Doctor Strange is always floated as a good replacement for ToT? It sounds like a terrible idea, IMO. I don’t understand the connection between the Tower and this particular IP.
Going from a spooky hotel to the spooky home of a wizard with all sorts of magical artifacts is an easier, less devastating transformation for the Tower to make versus some alien's warehouse-fortress-power plant thingy.

Of course, the Twilight Zone IP's about to get relevant again...

Mike S

Going from a spooky hotel to the spooky home of a wizard with all sorts of magical artifacts is an easier, less devastating transformation for the Tower to make versus some alien's warehouse-fortress-power plant thingy.

Of course, the Twilight Zone IP's about to get relevant again...

Jordan Peele seems kind of random but his voice does seem to fit the opening.

Indy_UK

ToT should stay as is, but I do expect an eventual overlay.

I think they should go with Wreck it Ralph and use the tower block from the first movie.

IMG_0174.JPG

RSoxNo1

This indeed. Rides without previous Disney-owned IPs are being demolished and replaced, or, they are getting overlaid with Disney IP.

It's the synergistic imperative. Just like this thread is about an(other) Indy attraction. Why Indy? Owned IP. New movie.

Disney wants that sweet synergy (it all started with a mouse's business man's creator).

What Chapek said about Epcot obviously applies to all of WDW... "to stay true to Epcot’s original vision while making it more timeless, more relevant, more family, and more Disney."

So, it's not if TZ is going, but when, and what IP will replace it. You wanna keep the look of the hotel and the general plot? A time traveling master of the mystic arts will do the trick. Or do you want MB2?
Regarding World Showcase, Chapek and the Beachboy talked about celebrating the lands and the stories they inspire.

Animewarsdude

Regarding World Showcase, Chapek and the Beachboy talked about celebrating the lands and the stories they inspire.
It makes me wonder if they might not end up trying to insensitive their animated film department and Pixar to create works based around those areas to inject rides, and films and the like into the area for the pavilions that haven't been represented yet. Honestly, I sort of wish if they had to use IPs there it would be IPs from those countries to help expose people to their culture's media and the like, ie Godzilla in Japan and etc...

eddie104

It makes me wonder if they might not end up trying to insensitive their animated film department and Pixar to create works based around those areas to inject rides, and films and the like into the area for the pavilions that haven't been represented yet. Honestly, I sort of wish if they had to use IPs there it would be IPs from those countries to help expose people to their culture's media and the like, ie Godzilla in Japan and etc...
According to people on here Disney wouldn't go into all that effort just for a theme park. ;):p:rolleyes:

That said, an Indy land (or mini-land) with a version of IJA and a version of Raging Spirits would be an excellent addition to DHS - especially because it could be a lush jungle with waterfalls and the like, which is a type of environment that DHS lacks.

Feel like this is best case scenario -- especially because, as has been mentioned before, the 1940s Hollywood aesthetic could transition nicely into the IJ serialized jungle-y environment. Fingers crossed!!!!

BigThunderMatt

I personally would prefer to see IJA in Adventureland over anywhere else, for super controversial reasons that I bet very few people here would agree with:

Having been backstage at MK more times than I can count and knowing how large the show buildings are for IJA/Dinosaur you're looking at one of two situations:

1. A severely downsized IJA or a completely different ride altogether.
2. More backstage restructuring than Disney is willing to do.

Don't forget that when Disneyland built IJA they had to reroute the Jungle Cruise and make the queue pass under the tracks so they could build outside the berm and the ride was actually built on part of the parking lot. Yeah they're adding Tron but the land they're using was vacant and mostly a retention pond. The area behind Adventureland at MK is super cramped and there isn't much wiggle room to build anything new without a lot of extra work.

peter11435

Having been backstage at MK more times than I can count and knowing how large the show buildings are for IJA/Dinosaur you're looking at one of two situations:

1. A severely downsized IJA or a completely different ride altogether.
2. More backstage restructuring than Disney is willing to do.

Don't forget that when Disneyland built IJA they had to reroute the Jungle Cruise and make the queue pass under the tracks so they could build outside the berm and the ride was actually built on part of the parking lot. Yeah they're adding Tron but the land they're using was vacant and mostly a retention pond. The area behind Adventureland at MK is super cramped and there isn't much wiggle room to build anything new without a lot of extra work.
Other side of the railroad tracks. South west corner between the tracks and canal.

Not that it’s happening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom