Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

The Pho

Just got back from my vacation, is it just me or is Space Mountain not as rough or uncomfortable as everyone says?
It's not really rough at all, especially compared to other large coasters, particularly wooden ones. And it's comfortable enough that I could sit in it all day and be perfectly happy.

Princess Leia

Just got back from my vacation, is it just me or is Space Mountain not as rough or uncomfortable as everyone says?
For me, it was the roughest coaster I went on last November (note- I did not ride Aerosmith or the one in Dinoland). All of the friends I rode it with said the same thing, that it left us all with some neck pain.

T.Will

For me, it was the roughest coaster I went on last November (note- I did not ride Aerosmith or the one in Dinoland). All of the friends I rode it with said the same thing, that it left us all with some neck pain.
If SM caused neck pain, never go on Primeval Whirl. That ride is jerky and painful. Whatever happens to Dinoland, I want that ride to be set on fire.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
If we're gonna burn it down, we better do it in style. ;)
2018-02-01-image-4.jpg

To Disney: This would make a great upcharge event! Two birds one stone. 1) Appease the fans that loathe Chester and Hester with the opportunity to torch it for a small fee, a "once in a lifetime" event that could help your hemorrhaging money problems. Who doesn't want to wield a flamethrower? It's a golden opportunity for both parties.

Last edited:

Purduevian

Looks like Indy is currently planned for DHS but is NOT a boat ride. Not sure if this deserves a new DHS Indy Thread or should stay here.

From the "India Pavilion?" thread:
Let’s start another rumour just to remind other sites the news is usually here first :brb: (just teasing, Tom :) )

Du du dee dur, du dh derrrr, Du du dee dur, du du d h s....

After all, I did post this last year:

View attachment 315062
Good to know I’m in key when I try :)

Even if DHS stays dry. Apart from the thorm three weeks ago. That was spectacular.

Let me emphasise this has nothing to do with this thread though.

rle4lunch

Indy to DHS is IMHO the right call (Adventureland would be fine as well, but DHS needs it more). Hopefully this comes to pass and develops soon after SW:GE

Winter 2019 will be an interesting time to be in the parks. Our next trip is end of April 2019, before all the hoopla hits. I'd lurve to see Indy in Adventureland actually, I think that it would make more sense then plopping it in DHS. That side of the park couldn't handle 3 new lands (SW, TS and Indy ride/land), what a cluster $$$# that would be. Better to COMPLETELY space out the attractions and put Indy in DAK or WDW. I understand the FIT issue, but I also see the FILL issue. And DHS is gonna be like 10lbs of poop in a 5lbs bag when its all said and done.

Spruce up RNRC with new theming and that may bleed some of the crowd off the other side of the park, but dropping in another heavily popular IP right next to the biggest thing to open since Potter land,.... that's not a good idea in my mind.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Spruce up RNRC with new theming and that may bleed some of the crowd off the other side of the park, but dropping in another heavily popular IP right next to the biggest thing to open since Potter land,.... that's not a good idea in my mind.
The thought is the park will be over saturated. Other proposals won’t bring many more people to the park; they’re being proposed to soak up the crowds that will already be there now it’s suddenly been recognised that the Mickey Ride won’t be nearly enough.

Not that anything major may or may not happen until next decade.

mightynine

The thought is the park will be over saturated. Other proposals won’t bring many more people to the park; they’re being proposed to soak up the crowds that will already be there now it’s suddenly been recognised that the Mickey Ride won’t be nearly enough.

Wait...wait...people thought the Mickey ride and TSL were going to be enough to absorb SWL-sized crowds?

rle4lunch

Yeah, i wasn't even taking Mickey's Runaway into account to even cause a blip in lower crowds in SWGE

seascape

I wonder how close Studios will get to Disneyland Park-levels of uncomfortably busy.
Thanks to SW:GE Hollywood Studios will be the most crowded park at WDW. In 2020 it will be the number 2 park in Orlando. In fact it will draw 75% of Universal's combined attendance and if it were big enough it would draw 20 million. Expect to see complete closings every weekend and many weekdays. It is going to be totally crazy and Disney made some big mistakes. They should have built phase 3 before SW:GE and had a theoretical yearly capacity of 20 million before opening it. They now have to expand the land into the parking lot and build phase 3 quickly. The good news is that if they let Comcast get Sky, they will have Comcasts cash to pay for the expansion.

999th Happy Haunt

So seems like there’s a few options:

• Boat ride with Shanghai tech (unlikely?)
• Clone of Disneyland ride
• Clone of paris rollercoaster (ugh)
• Brand new attraction that isn’t the boat ride (probably pretty unlikely)

Also it’s unclear if we’re getting a whole new land with a ride and restaurant or a just a standalone ride

Princess Leia

Wow it’s almost like the Mickey & Minnie Railroad should have been a separate build with the GMR staying put, imagine that 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom