Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

geekza

Lazyboy97o-
I figured as much, as this is not my first time hanging out around here...
what i'm wondering (from Marni or any other trusted insider) is because of Disney's bidding war with Comcast, if the higher paying price effected the delay (and then snowballs into a location change) of on the table experiences like Indy in AK.
I mean, they are ending up paying billions more for Fox than they had originally anticipated and that kind of unforseen output of money is bound to have an effect on any other projects within the company that were counting on funds being allocated to them. It's impossible to say from the outside whether or not particular projects and their postponement/cancellation were directly caused by this big change of plans, but I feel certain that its effects are being felt throughout the company. Buying Fox is a much larger gamble for Iger than the purchases of Lucasfilm and Marvel were and the shareholders are going to expect it to pay off, sooner rather than later. This acquisition is going to be one of the defining moments of Iger's tenure, whether for good or ill.

It would make total sense to bring Indiana Jones to AK. First off, the track layout to Dinosaur is the exact layout to the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland. It would be easy to convert. Second, the entire area was only thrown together to be a cheap diverse to give guests something to do in an “half day” park after the original concept of a Beastly Kingdom area was scrapped (hence the dragon on the signage). Get rid of the awful carnival rides and put in a decent themed coaster and you have something. Also, the duck tales presence ( a show above treasure hunting) ties in well with This idea. Indiana is a Huge IP with very little presence, this needs to be rectified. Just my option though.

UpAllNight

Why not leave Dinosaur for AK but keep improving it with added effects rather than make another clone and further merging of Disneyland & WDW?

Keep the exclusives exclusive, and keep both resorts special and worth visiting.

I’ve just been to Disneyland and there were tons of people with merch from WDW (and I saw only a single Hong Kong shirt from international parks) so the market for people to visit both resorts is big...give people reasons to do both please. Indiana Jones is fine as is in Disneyland, and Dinosaur is fine in AK

My highlights of Disneyland? The Disneyland exclusives that I’ve never experienced (Yes...including Guardians). Pirates and Space felt exclusive due to only being the same ride in name.

geekza

It would make total sense to bring Indiana Jones to AK. First off, the track layout to Dinosaur is the exact layout to the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland. It would be easy to convert. Second, the entire area was only thrown together to be a cheap diverse to give guests something to do in an “half day” park after the original concept of a Beastly Kingdom area was scrapped (hence the dragon on the signage). Get rid of the awful carnival rides and put in a decent themed coaster and you have something. Also, the duck tales presence ( a show above treasure hunting) ties in well with This idea. Indiana is a Huge IP with very little presence, this needs to be rectified. Just my option though.
Yeah, because nothing says Disney like throwing in another coaster. I know, I know. It's all about the thrillllzzzz these days.

I agree that the carnival rides should go and I even think the Duck Tales idea is a valid one, but why not build something that can be enjoyed by all ages, rather than a coaster that automatically limits the types of people who can ride it? That's why I'll likely never go to Universal. I've reached an age where parts of me are wearing out and can't really take coasters (and similar thrill rides) any more. Universal has very little that the whole family can enjoy, no matter their age in comparison to WDW. That's why WDW was traditionally such a great place for families to visit. Except for a very few attractions, people of any age could experience everything. I'm not against the parks having one or two coasters or intense attractions, but they should be kept to a minimum. AK doesn't currently have enough of other types of rides to warrant the inclusion of another coaster.

Sorry. I got my "Old Man Yells at Clouds" button pushed.

mhochman

The Paris Indy ride is the mini coaster with the loop, all outdoor with temple ruins theming... They cloned it at TDS and did a Raging Spirits theme...
So the Paris version? That is such a let-down of a ride...Would have been much better if it was built indoors with better show and theme package than the Paris version...

We rode the Paris version this summer and it was, by far, the most jarring, head shaking, and painful ride I have ever been on in my life. All four of us needed to take a break and recover.

cheezbat

We rode the Paris version this summer and it was, by far, the most jarring, head shaking, and painful ride I have ever been on in my life. All four of us needed to take a break and recover.
Must not have been on too many rides then lol.

Just kidding. I rode it this year for the first time and I too thought it was pretty rough. My fiancée wouldn’t even let me ride it a second time because of how much it messed her up.

Missing20K

Must not have been on too many rides then lol.

Just kidding. I rode it this year for the first time and I too thought it was pretty rough. My fiancée wouldn’t even let me ride it a second time because of how much it messed her up.

My wife and I took one look, realized we have both ridden enough "wild mouse" coasters, and kept walking. The minimal theming wasn't enough to draw us in, and now I'm glad to know we didn't miss much.

Absimilliard

Don’t they already do that for Space Mountain ;)

Not needed anymore since they changed the rockets. They are now among the most comfortable roller coaster seats in the world and the ride is quite smooth.

Amazing fact about Temple du Peril: in 2014, DLP redid the temple in a permanent way and at the same time, had Vekoma (roller coaster manufacturer who has worked with Disney on many projects like Everest) design and manufacture a new loop. They removed the old loop from the Temple and bolted the new one in. I rode it last week for the first time with the new loop and it make a huge difference. Much more comfortable and smooth.

Bocabear

Not needed anymore since they changed the rockets. They are now among the most comfortable roller coaster seats in the world and the ride is quite smooth.

Amazing fact about Temple du Peril: in 2014, DLP redid the temple in a permanent way and at the same time, had Vekoma (roller coaster manufacturer who has worked with Disney on many projects like Everest) design and manufacture a new loop. They removed the old loop from the Temple and bolted the new one in. I rode it last week for the first time with the new loop and it make a huge difference. Much more comfortable and smooth.
I am glad to heear that...it is s shame they dont enclose the entire ride into a building and add lots of effects making this a real adventure...also would make it accessible 4 seasons...

Princess Leia

Double checking- we’re both talking about Magic Kingdom’s Space, right?

cheezbat

My wife and I took one look, realized we have both ridden enough "wild mouse" coasters, and kept walking. The minimal theming wasn't enough to draw us in, and now I'm glad to know we didn't miss much.
You sure didn’t. I was so excited for the ride because I love coasters and love Indy, and after waiting nearly an hour, I was so disappointed.

I often hear Raging Spirits in Tokyo Disneysea is identical but much better...I’m curious why that would be the case...

geekza

You sure didn’t. I was so excited for the ride because I love coasters and love Indy, and after waiting nearly an hour, I was so disappointed.

I often hear Raging Spirits in Tokyo Disneysea is identical but much better...I’m curious why that would be the case...
I think an apt comparison is Alien Swirling Saucers compared to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. The ride systems are identical, however Mater seems to have the advantage when it comes to preference. This might sound like a small thing, but the fact that Mater sings new, funny songs during the ride really adds something. Swirling Saucers just has techno versions of existing songs from the films, one of which is an incredibly sad song in its original context. It's the little things that can made a difference.

Absimilliard

Double checking- we’re both talking about Magic Kingdom’s Space, right?

Disneyland Paris, as people were referring to DLP Indiana Jones Coaster.

Cheezbat, mechanically, Raging Spirits is a much better ride. The turns were smoothened out, the restraints are more comfortable and magnetic brakes keep the worst two turns under control. The theming is also amazing, with a boiler backstage heating up water to create hot fog that is used in the "Cenote" segment, which is the bottom of the loop and the last turn under the stone staircase. Fire effects are used efficiently and lighting at night give the impression that the fog under the staircase is a wall of fire.

I wrote extensively about Raging Spirits and keep updating it with photos. Raging Spirits Article on my blog

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They could always start selling neck braces in the gift shop
IndianaBrace.jpg

FigmentJedi

Has more special effects and the post-apocalyptic Emperor's New Groove setting has a more distinctive architectural character then the Temple of Peril.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom