Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Movielover

I sure hope this doesn't mean zootopia is coming to DAK :( (I love love love the movie but, as many here, think it's a really bad fit for the park)

It's fine to be cautious but I don't think you have to worry. Zootopia may have been a big hit but you have to remember that when Disney puts IP's into rides and parks they only use movies that will stand the test of time, like Dinosaur and Mission to Mars!

;)

Mike S

It's fine to be cautious but I don't think you have to worry. Zootopia may have been a big hit but you have to remember that when Disney puts IP's into rides and parks they only use movies that will stand the test of time, like Dinosaur and Mission to Mars!

;)
I get your point but in both of those cases the IP use is pretty pointless. The rides could be named anything else (which Dinosaur was) and not need any other change.

Movielover

I get your point but in both of those cases the IP use is pretty pointless. The rides could be named anything else (which Dinosaur was) and not need any other change.

I know, which is why my post was purely a joke, and both rides were named something completely different (Countdown to Extinction, Mission: Space). The connections with their respected films were very minimum and actually IMO how a IP adaptation should be handled, Indy Adventure and TOT excluded.

Princess Leia

These guys are decidedly morbid, too.

Couldn't find any pics of them installed, though.

I think there’s a video somewhere on YouTube.

Queue being upset about Beastly Kingdom for the umpteenth time.
(Edit- I couldn’t find pics or video of the knights, but I did find pics of the unicorn:
0BF719EB-A155-4065-8942-6D24B214477E.jpeg

408BC5DB-A77E-4D92-BBD9-6D975295CB8E.jpeg

And here it is, currently residing in a former CM’s backyard:
C01BD134-78C9-4C9D-A862-2E45811C6764.jpeg
)

Anyways, if there’s a plan for a new ride for the 50th, I want to hope for a new Dinoland attraction that fixes the Dinoland USA concept. I’d normally say ‘not a replacement’, but the Triceratops Spin and Primeval Whirl have got to go.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

Man can you imagine if Disney opened a ride today where a major scene was a completely static prop...

Df1knkzVMAATDPw.jpg

ohhh.....
;)
At least they didn’t lobotomize the unicorn, poor Jack-Jack.

It probably won’t happen, but it’d be nice if they brought the Riverboats back. Taking away the ride elements (basically everything in Beastly Kingdom) took away the more entertaining aspects.

FigmentFan82

Agreed. The window is probably closed for adding a clone...although it’s a great ride so I still wouldn’t mind it at all. They could add a new, original Indy ride instead. I think it all depends on whether they really reboot the movies. Having synergy with an active IP would make it more attractive. Unlikely still, but more attractive as an investment.
Would love if they added Indy to Adventureland and used a clone of Shanghai Pirates

MotherOfBirds

I think there’s a video somewhere on YouTube.

Queue being upset about Beastly Kingdom for the umpteenth time.
(Edit- I couldn’t find pics or video of the knights, but I did find pics of the unicorn:
View attachment 312662
View attachment 312663

And here it is, currently residing in a former CM’s backyard:
View attachment 312664 )

Anyways, if there’s a plan for a new ride for the 50th, I want to hope for a new Dinoland attraction that fixes the Dinoland USA concept. I’d normally say ‘not a replacement’, but the Triceratops Spin and Primeval Whirl have got to go.

Dang, I've been looking for pictures like this and the knights for ages. Feel like sharing your sources?;)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Would love if they added Indy to Adventureland and used a clone of Shanghai Pirates

But... there's a boat ride already in Adventureland. True, it may be crap "meh-ish" now but I'd hate for it to get upstaged and overshadowed. Maybe a darkride right behind pirates instead!?

For Indy, I still want an Indyland in DHS to balance out Galaxy's Edge -- but I "think" Martin squashed those ideas...
At this point, I'm not convinced the Indy IP is even in the running... for any land.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom